“Best casual place in Picton”
Review of Acoustic Grill

Acoustic Grill
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Best casual place in Picton”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Friendly, good food, excellent entertainment. Purdy is an amazing host, and cooks a mean steak. Make sure you stop by and catch the live music.

Visited August 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Quaint, intimate, artsy and fun”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Very nice and small pub with live music chansonnier-style, not too loud, just right. Food is good and cheap, nice selection of burgers and I had a great starter soup, cant recall what was in it but whatever, it was great. If I owned a Pub I would use this one as a model, so there you go. Even got the Acoustic Grill T-Shirt. Try it.

Windsor
“Delicious & no yelling required”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were delighted to find this gem (recommended by Dave & Sian @ The Manse) for multiple reasons. The food was fantastic; locally sourced and everything made in-house. We were there on a Tuesday night, so no live music, but the background music was pleasant & kept at a level where you could actually carry on a conversation without screaming at your companion! Everything was so fresh tasting, staff pleasant and helpful. Great selection of beer & spirits. We'd stop in again if ever in the area. Make it a to-do if you are in the Picton vicinity. You won't regret it.

Picton
“Delish!!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Relaxed easy going pub with awesome food. Addicted me to deep fried pickles for life. Steve makes the best steak in town. Friendly staff and great live entertainment on the weekends. Have been and will always go back.

Toronto, Canada
“Unbelievable burgers”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was completely tacken aback by the Acoustic Grill. While I had heard great things about the restaurant from other reviewers, I was still a little sceptical about the place. Man, was I glad they were right!

The pub is off the main road, which is why we were a little worried, when we were trying to find the place; it's just kind of hanging out in the back, a little like an after thought. But this place was no after thought, let me tell you.

Your first two steps into the pub will tell you how small it is--the bar takes up about 50% of the place, and there's nothing wrong with that. Though we didn't have a reservation, and there was a show due to start within an hour, we were seated right away, without a problem. Our waitress was hilarious and very friendly, and saw that we were well tended to over the course of our stay, without being pushy or overbearing.

We ordered the potato nachos, which are basically house-made potato chips (perfectly crunchy and perfectly seasoned, not too thick or thin), smothered in melted cheese with onions and peppers, with salsa and sour cream served on the side. I'm usually disappointed when ordering pub nachos, but these were great! Nothing that will blow you out of the water, but they were a far cry from the usual soggy nachos served with Old El Paso right out of the jar. Though they came with a generous amount of cheese melted atop the chips, they retained their crunchiness and were absoutely delicious.

Now for the star of the show: the burger. Oh my god. My first bite was heaven, and the others that followed were just as amazing. I gave it a little something extra by adding bacon and aged cheddar (come on), and it was well worth the couple dollars added to the tab. But to be honest, the burger would have stood up just as fantastically on its own. Juicy, perfectly cooked, and so damn good. There's a reason they only have one burger option on the menu. They did it once and they did it right.

My girlfriend ordered the chicken sandwich. The chicken was actual rotisserie chicken pulled off the bone and tossed in the sandwich. Not at all dry like a lot of chicken sandwiches out there, but perfectly moist and wonderful. The curry mayo was also a fantastic add to the sandwich.

Am I ever going to be in small town, Picton, Ontario again? Well, first I thought no, but that was before we visited the Acoustic Grill. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013