“This Could Be A Great Campgound”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Edgewater Family Campground
Ranked #12 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Picton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were looking for a place in Prince Edward County for the August long weekend as a bookend to a camping trip to a couple of Provincial parks. Sandbanks was full and we were looking for something quiet, however close to the beach. Doing a search on the Internet, we found Edgewater Family Campground and it appeared to fit all of our requirements. Working via email was very smooth and we got all set up.

Check-in was smooth and we were soon setting up in a lovely tree-filled site that offered our Tent trailer good privacy given the normal aspects of a private campground. Grass covered and spacious, we had both power and water. Walking around the campground, the seasonal residents were very friendly, and there were lots of activities going on, run by the Social committee.

The issue, which has been pointed out by others, is the outdated bathrooms. The Men's room had a window that the urinals could be seen from the outside, and through the door. The bathrooms were cleaned each day between 1 and 2pm, however I was unsure what was done. There were four sinks in the men's bathroom and the one electric hand dryer had a layer of dead bugs on the top that was never cleaned off in the three days we were there. The floors were always muddy, the shower curtain had mold on it and the place always felt damp. There were signs up not to wash dishes in the sink, however people were still doing it as the bits of food left behind showed. The final straw was on the last day, all of the stalls in the women's bathroom were out of toilet paper, long before the office was to open.

Unfortunately the bathrooms were bad enough that we won't be back, which is unfortunate as it is close to the Park, Bloomfield and Picton which gives you lots of options for activities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave C

Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you're looking for a crammed, disgusting, HORRID campground where all you're looking at is the back of old trailers, then Edgewater's the place for you! We showed up there hoping for a great family-friendly campground where everyone is smiling. What we DIDN'T expect is a squished campsite with no picnic table! When we asked for another site, she gave us another horrible one that, even if I tried, I could not get our pop-up to fit in (or our truck). Our trailer is about 20 ft. opened and the site was 12 ft.
My wife tried to get our money back and they simply refused and, I quote, "Go back to where you came from! We don't want your type of people here, anyways!". After half an hour of pleading (and verbally assaulting my wife), we got 1/2 our money back.
BTW THE BEACH IS OFF LIMITES
YOU HAVE TO WALK 1/4 MILES FROM THE SITE
FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are VERY disgusted with the campground and we will NEVER come back. Next time think twice about what you say to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D=
-Family from QUEBEC

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rhiannon G
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I tried to call Edgewater 5 times throughout a course of two days with no answer every time I called. I finally decided an email would be a better option. I emailed Donna my name, group size and the dates I was looking to book. After I few hours I was thrilled she replied, but once I read the message I was not so thrilled. Her message basically said the only way you can book a camp site is if you are a church group, or having a family reunion and that she would need to know the age range to even consider having us because its a family park. This is ageism at its finest. All I have to say is that this is very unprofessional business to say the least.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kaittlyn
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked with Donna over the phone for the long weekend and told her I have three kids and a tent trailer and I wanted a nice quiet site. She booked me on a site 'over looking the lake'. This site was sardined in between two big permenant trailers.The first night was horrible as the seasonal residents next to us showed up at 11:30pm and were up parting till 4am. Edgewater Family Campground rules clearly state that quiet time starts at 11pm. The next morning, I requested a new site and Donna offered me a beautiful fully grassed site with trees where other families had already set up camp for the weekend. Her only excuse was she wanted to me have a view of the lake which means she was trying to sell me a site for the season. I had to waste 3 hours of my Saturday to take down and set up again. The next two day/nights were good with other families who were super nice and quiet. Donna's husband stopped by after finished set up and commented we should been in family camping for all three nights and not with the seasonals.

Overall the bathrooms and waterpark are ok. Garbage area is a mess and not picked up very often. Not returning. Asked for refund for first night and was denied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank James T
Reviewed 1 July 2013

When we first arrived to our campsite I was impressed with our campsite which was large area,surrounded by trees and covered with grass but unfortunately we soon discovered that this place needed a major facelift. The beach seemed ok but we decided to go to Sandbanks which was 15 minutes way and it was alot better. The kids playgound was there but the equipment was minimal and needed to be worked on.Now the washrooms....I wasn't expecting a 5 star washroom but aleast one that doesn't have cracked mildewed tile, exposed pipes and roting wood frames around the shower stalls. The floors were muddy and wet especiallly in the shower stales, where you had to do some serious yoga moves to keep your pant bottoms from getting soaked. They need to clean the washroom more often and throughly because it seems everytime I had to go there it always looked dirty. Overall it had a nice camping area but their facilities needed a major overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank simonetate
Reviewed 27 April 2013

If you are looking for a breath of fresh air, somewhere to let loose and relax .. get rid of the stresses of working, being in the city or...just day to day life, are you looking for a vacation getaway, or even just for the day, let me tell you...you need to plant your flip flops and sandles on the beaches of 'Edgewater'!!

If you have been fortunate enough to experience Edgewater Trailer Park and Campground on this little "Gem of an Island" known as "Sheba Island" you know exactly what I am talking about!
If you have not experienced this wonderful playground.. it is a definate must for you and your family to check out this summer!!

Situated in beautiful Prince Edward County on Sheba Island on West Lake ..Edgewater Family Camping Resort and Water Park..is the place to be on a hot summer day!!

With views and access to the Sandbanks Provincial Park, famous for it's amazing "Sand Dunes", beautiful white sand beaches and..... Sunsets to die for!!

This fun relaxing, wonderland is a family run business with so much going on...Trailer Park for seasonal campers, camp grounds with water and hydro hook up for the "Die Hard" summer campers, an amazing Water park for the kids where you can also picnic for the day, rent jet skis or a pontoon boat to relax on the beautiful "Warm waters" of West Lake!

Best of all if you get hooked which i know you will...and want to make it a yearly adventure, to become part of the summer community there are also Cottage Rentals available at:

... and if that's not enough there is an amazing "Kids Camp" for your little ones where they will be so well cared for that you will have nothing to do but relax and enjoy the serenity of this amazing place!!

Check it out on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Westlake-Watersports-Kids-Camp/227667970581672?fref=ts

..Wow,,,,so much to do you really can't not take the time to come and visit...once you do I guarantee you that you will make it "The" place to be on a beautiful hot summer day!! So go ahead and check out the links attached..

The trailer park ..on Facebook

The Park Site: http://www.edgewatertrailerpark.com/

and....

For the whole family ..you have to check this out!!!

and to really get the whole effect check out the video link on youtube...make sure your kids are watching and if you don't have kids this will definately bring out the "kid in you"!!

My husband and I have been here in this park for 4 years now and I have to say when we leave the city for the first trip back after a very long winter i can feel the stress level lowering the closer I get to our "Second home"!

This is no ordinary place, it is a place where people come together all looking for the same thing ..relaxation, sun, sand, and a breath of fresh air.....!!!!

Hope to see you this summer....after all ...how can you resist!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank OceanboundCanada
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We are going back again this summer, the kids don't stop talking about the fun they had at this Family Camping Resort. They are hoping that a new family of owls has taken up residence in the area where we tented last summer. So cute, and if you sat still they would come down and sit on the picnic table and watch you. The are looking forward to attending the West Lake Willy Water Park that operates on the beach and I might just surprise them with a short jet-ski ride this summer. You can take the jet-ski over to the Sand Dunes and play over there for a while and the ride is only 2 or 3 min. We've been thinking of graduating to a tent trailer and might ask if Edgewater would let us leave it there on our favorite site for the whole summer....so much easier to leave it there and we our site would be guaranteed. We love it there, we're hooked if they will have us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family