“Book elsewhere !!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Edgewater Family Campground
Ranked #12 of 14 Speciality Lodging in Picton
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at Edgewater for the Aug long weekend, and it was the worst part of our long weekend.
Campground outbuildings need alot of work, garbage is piled up in one spot and just looks horrible.
Bathrooms are disgusting, sign states that they close from 1-2 for cleaning but I think all they do is mop the floors with a mop that has seen better days.
The beach was horrible and not at all kid friendly.
The rules of the campground are enforced for some and not others,ie number of tents per site , dogs and quiet time .
We also encountered a "staff member" who was less than professional to say the least.
The best part of Edgewater is how close to Sandbanks Prov Park it is.
Stay elsewhere if wanting to go to PEC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KaydensNina

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Pros - You can't beat the location. It is awesome! It's a 5 minute drive to the Sandbanks Provincial Park. The couple that owns Edgewater are quite friendly. We also really liked that the Westlake Waterpark was walking distance and they offered a discount for guests of Edgewater. The Cons - I have to agree with the other reviewers - the washrooms need a MAJOR facelift. They are disgusting to put it nicely. I heard Donna and her husband had a cottage up so sale for $400K - hopefully they'll use some of that money to build new washrooms. We would definitely come back......if the washrooms were replaced.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank madi3carlson
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were looking for a place in Prince Edward County for the August long weekend as a bookend to a camping trip to a couple of Provincial parks. Sandbanks was full and we were looking for something quiet, however close to the beach. Doing a search on the Internet, we found Edgewater Family Campground and it appeared to fit all of our requirements. Working via email was very smooth and we got all set up.

Check-in was smooth and we were soon setting up in a lovely tree-filled site that offered our Tent trailer good privacy given the normal aspects of a private campground. Grass covered and spacious, we had both power and water. Walking around the campground, the seasonal residents were very friendly, and there were lots of activities going on, run by the Social committee.

The issue, which has been pointed out by others, is the outdated bathrooms. The Men's room had a window that the urinals could be seen from the outside, and through the door. The bathrooms were cleaned each day between 1 and 2pm, however I was unsure what was done. There were four sinks in the men's bathroom and the one electric hand dryer had a layer of dead bugs on the top that was never cleaned off in the three days we were there. The floors were always muddy, the shower curtain had mold on it and the place always felt damp. There were signs up not to wash dishes in the sink, however people were still doing it as the bits of food left behind showed. The final straw was on the last day, all of the stalls in the women's bathroom were out of toilet paper, long before the office was to open.

Unfortunately the bathrooms were bad enough that we won't be back, which is unfortunate as it is close to the Park, Bloomfield and Picton which gives you lots of options for activities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you're looking for a crammed, disgusting, HORRID campground where all you're looking at is the back of old trailers, then Edgewater's the place for you! We showed up there hoping for a great family-friendly campground where everyone is smiling. What we DIDN'T expect is a squished campsite with no picnic table! When we asked for another site, she gave us another horrible one that, even if I tried, I could not get our pop-up to fit in (or our truck). Our trailer is about 20 ft. opened and the site was 12 ft.
My wife tried to get our money back and they simply refused and, I quote, "Go back to where you came from! We don't want your type of people here, anyways!". After half an hour of pleading (and verbally assaulting my wife), we got 1/2 our money back.
BTW THE BEACH IS OFF LIMITES
YOU HAVE TO WALK 1/4 MILES FROM THE SITE
FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are VERY disgusted with the campground and we will NEVER come back. Next time think twice about what you say to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D=
-Family from QUEBEC

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rhiannon G
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I tried to call Edgewater 5 times throughout a course of two days with no answer every time I called. I finally decided an email would be a better option. I emailed Donna my name, group size and the dates I was looking to book. After I few hours I was thrilled she replied, but once I read the message I was not so thrilled. Her message basically said the only way you can book a camp site is if you are a church group, or having a family reunion and that she would need to know the age range to even consider having us because its a family park. This is ageism at its finest. All I have to say is that this is very unprofessional business to say the least.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kaittlyn
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked with Donna over the phone for the long weekend and told her I have three kids and a tent trailer and I wanted a nice quiet site. She booked me on a site 'over looking the lake'. This site was sardined in between two big permenant trailers.The first night was horrible as the seasonal residents next to us showed up at 11:30pm and were up parting till 4am. Edgewater Family Campground rules clearly state that quiet time starts at 11pm. The next morning, I requested a new site and Donna offered me a beautiful fully grassed site with trees where other families had already set up camp for the weekend. Her only excuse was she wanted to me have a view of the lake which means she was trying to sell me a site for the season. I had to waste 3 hours of my Saturday to take down and set up again. The next two day/nights were good with other families who were super nice and quiet. Donna's husband stopped by after finished set up and commented we should been in family camping for all three nights and not with the seasonals.

Overall the bathrooms and waterpark are ok. Garbage area is a mess and not picked up very often. Not returning. Asked for refund for first night and was denied.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank James T
Reviewed 1 July 2013

When we first arrived to our campsite I was impressed with our campsite which was large area,surrounded by trees and covered with grass but unfortunately we soon discovered that this place needed a major facelift. The beach seemed ok but we decided to go to Sandbanks which was 15 minutes way and it was alot better. The kids playgound was there but the equipment was minimal and needed to be worked on.Now the washrooms....I wasn't expecting a 5 star washroom but aleast one that doesn't have cracked mildewed tile, exposed pipes and roting wood frames around the shower stalls. The floors were muddy and wet especiallly in the shower stales, where you had to do some serious yoga moves to keep your pant bottoms from getting soaked. They need to clean the washroom more often and throughly because it seems everytime I had to go there it always looked dirty. Overall it had a nice camping area but their facilities needed a major overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family