“We love Merland Park.”

Merland Park Cottages
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“We love Merland Park.”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My family and I have been going to Merland for over 20 years and we have a second generation enjoying our fun time there now each summer. Some of the cottages are still not renovated, but Kevin and Jennifer are working on them. We some times talk about going somewhere else for our family holiday in Picton, but we always end up at Merland, We especially enjoy the pool and the fire each evening when we roast marshmallows, tell stories (sometimes sing) and enjoy the members of our family who can make it for that week, or part of it, each July.

Shirley Bradley

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tripstogoanytime

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at Merland Park the last week of August , I was very fortunate the weather was amazing and this choice for accommodations was EXCELLENT. I stayed in the "Minnow Motel" the room was spotless the bed was comfortable , the floors were carpeted but well maintained , the bathroom was really clean , The room amenities included a "household" coffee maker , which is 100 times better then the one hitter models typically found in motels/hotels. I also had a fridge , a table with 2 chairs, free Wi-Fi , clock radio , color tv with 50+ channels, Common amenities I shared were amazing: , full kitchen, stove, toaster, microwave, bar b- que , swimming pool, plus there was a foozball and a shuffleboard table right on the porch! The balcony had a table and a few chairs and a unbelievable view , As well the owner Kevin and his family are really nice people and very hospitable. If you are visiting Prince Edward County for business or pleasure , this property will not disappoint you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank jimmyrozner
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We visited Merland Park Cottages and Resort the second week of April this year for a little R&R. The proprietors; Kevin, Jennifer and Tyler were very friendly and accommodating. Their sheep dog, Grizby, was a welcome mascot.

Our cottage was spotlessly clean and provided all the basic amenities; i.e., cable TV, internet access, air conditioning, gas BBQ, etc. It was situated on beautiful lake front property five minutes from town.

We had a wonderful, relaxing time and could not have been happier. We look forward to returning to Merland Park Cottages and Resort. It meets our high standards.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank kelly a
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2013

...and it was fairly quiet but it was a few other things also....I actually found my movements restricted by the annoying presence of a large family dog roaming free on their property (it was not tied up & not on a leash) The dog also didn't seem to like me one little bit. I didn't like the look of it as dogs go either.... I had asked for a smaller cottage ahead of time but they gave me a larger one for the price of a smaller one, but in all honesty the fact that there were no curtains in most of the cabins windows seriously reduced its appeal as a place to stay. A no smoking policy in a cabin with stained chairs as furniture doesn't quite work in my book either. I found it not what I was looking for in a cabin rental and I am not that hard to please. There was a large TV but I didn't go there to watch TV. I found I was not even able to sit on the picnic table in front of the cabin due to their dog roaming around-a dog that made a b-line for me-barking all the way- whenever it saw me. I would definitely not recommend tis place to people with small kids, or anyone else for that matter. Maybe it is different in the summer. I didn't bother to ask them if it was & I also left early, confident in the knowledge them giving me a larger cabin effectively nullified any refund on my unused few nights.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank footloose888
Montreal
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Spent 4 days here fishing and enjoying the Bay of Quinte. At the Merland Park there is boat rentals, games, fishing, camp fires, cottages, and of course the host Kevin who is there to make it all work. I caught a few bass and almost snagged a 17 lb Sheephead. Bad news was that Kevin the guide caught the monster a few hours after we left!!!!!

There is a big ice fishing tournament this winter and we will go back for sure. You can bring your pets and our dog had a great time.

Room Tip: These are rustic cottages so don't expect the Ritz. They are clean and fresh. All are facing the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Derwood35
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Had a great time - Picton and area are very nice, Kevin and his wife were great, and the fishing? The fishing was FANTASTIC. We caught and ate some amazing pickerel - nothing like eating fish 30 minutes after catching them.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank DWieler
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed at Merland Park Cottages from July 6th - July 13th 2012 and truly wished we had booked it longer!! The cottage we stayed in was called " The Laker Lodge" which has a fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms and a full bath. Great deck equipped with a gas grill and picnic table. This was our second trip to Merland Park and the fishing was just as awesome as the first time!! Had a mixed bag of fish: largemouth and small mouth bass, pike, perch and even walleye. Our best day we had 40+ fish between three of us. This place is a virtual fish factory. The owners, Kevin and Jen, are Absolutelyyyy GREAT People!!!! Kevin is a great quite, puts all his customers on fish and will point you in the right direction for when you're on your own!! Will also tell you what species are hitting where and what to use. Merland Park offers boat launch, rentals, dock and fish cleaning station. We enjoyed beautiful sunsets over the bay and than relaxed by the campfire. Although, we did not have children with us, the park is very kid friendly. They actually have a moon bounce, playground and pool. We highly recommend Merland Park and are looking forward to getting back in the fall of 2012 ... ;)) You really need to check this place out!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Elainegermano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
Picton Harbour Inn
#8 of 11 in Picton
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
#5 of 5 in Picton

Been to Merland Park Cottages? Share your experiences!