“Another excellent vacation at Merland Park”

Merland Park Cottages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having struggled to find fish on the Bay of Quinte we have found success after a charter with Kevin Lavers. Limits are not a problem now. Size 3 to 5 lbs. Fish cleaning shack second to none.
Comfortable night sleep in a air conditioned, spotless cottage get to ready for the next day of hard day of fishing.
Thanks Jen and Kevin for a great holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bsully3

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Planed a trip with the boy to do some fishing, did not have to much time on Friday July 25 2014, because needed to be back in Toronto before 5:00 pm, I call early Thursday afternoon to book the boat rental, I asked how much and what time we could take the boat out, the reply was $125 and 7::30 am, about a hour later called back and spoke to Maryann, I asked her if it would all be possible to take the boat out earlier because we née to drive 3+ hours to make it up there and I need to be back before 5:00 pm, Maryann said okay, just ring the bell in the morning and someone will help you, we arrive at 6:35 and ring the bell and we go inside and start to do the paper work, and my cousin asked what type of dog they had being the dog lover that he is, the man replyed enough with the question, due you have credit card and boat license reply was yes, he starts to make out the paper work and wrights down $125 +$45 total of $170, I ask what was the $45 dollars was for he replies tax, tax?? How did you get $45 tax he says oh sorry that's for fuel cost, I said when I call I was told $125 for the boat rental, he replies no one charges only $125 for a boat rental, I show him 3 websites on my phone were every one only charges $125 + tax for boat and tank of gas, he replies then go some were else and rent it, we just drove over 3hours to get there after calling to makeing reservations, the man was looked to be hung over from the night before and care for customer service, the purpose of our trip was to take my cousin that has Brain Cancer or fishing for the day because owner days are numbered with him, Thank you Merland for the unpleasant day we had

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Isaac M
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just returned from Merland cottages with family and in laws. We spent a week in various cottages. My family stayed in the "Muskie Mansion". I found the cabin to be very clean and loved the fact we had air conditioning when we needed it. Very handy location with ease of accessability to the town of Picton. Lovely place for a fishing vacation. The only draw back is that there is no beach area for swimming. The water looks very inviting but the docks are for boats only with plenty of weeds. The pool came in very handy for our children. The owners and their son were very friendly and we would gladly recommend this place for a quiet relaxing stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tomco99
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My family and I have been going to Merland for over 20 years and we have a second generation enjoying our fun time there now each summer. Some of the cottages are still not renovated, but Kevin and Jennifer are working on them. We some times talk about going somewhere else for our family holiday in Picton, but we always end up at Merland, We especially enjoy the pool and the fire each evening when we roast marshmallows, tell stories (sometimes sing) and enjoy the members of our family who can make it for that week, or part of it, each July.

Shirley Bradley

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tripstogoanytime
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at Merland Park the last week of August , I was very fortunate the weather was amazing and this choice for accommodations was EXCELLENT. I stayed in the "Minnow Motel" the room was spotless the bed was comfortable , the floors were carpeted but well maintained , the bathroom was really clean , The room amenities included a "household" coffee maker , which is 100 times better then the one hitter models typically found in motels/hotels. I also had a fridge , a table with 2 chairs, free Wi-Fi , clock radio , color tv with 50+ channels, Common amenities I shared were amazing: , full kitchen, stove, toaster, microwave, bar b- que , swimming pool, plus there was a foozball and a shuffleboard table right on the porch! The balcony had a table and a few chairs and a unbelievable view , As well the owner Kevin and his family are really nice people and very hospitable. If you are visiting Prince Edward County for business or pleasure , this property will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank jimmyrozner
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We visited Merland Park Cottages and Resort the second week of April this year for a little R&R. The proprietors; Kevin, Jennifer and Tyler were very friendly and accommodating. Their sheep dog, Grizby, was a welcome mascot.

Our cottage was spotlessly clean and provided all the basic amenities; i.e., cable TV, internet access, air conditioning, gas BBQ, etc. It was situated on beautiful lake front property five minutes from town.

We had a wonderful, relaxing time and could not have been happier. We look forward to returning to Merland Park Cottages and Resort. It meets our high standards.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank kelly a
Reviewed 15 April 2013

...and it was fairly quiet but it was a few other things also....I actually found my movements restricted by the annoying presence of a large family dog roaming free on their property (it was not tied up & not on a leash) The dog also didn't seem to like me one little bit. I didn't like the look of it as dogs go either.... I had asked for a smaller cottage ahead of time but they gave me a larger one for the price of a smaller one, but in all honesty the fact that there were no curtains in most of the cabins windows seriously reduced its appeal as a place to stay. A no smoking policy in a cabin with stained chairs as furniture doesn't quite work in my book either. I found it not what I was looking for in a cabin rental and I am not that hard to please. There was a large TV but I didn't go there to watch TV. I found I was not even able to sit on the picnic table in front of the cabin due to their dog roaming around-a dog that made a b-line for me-barking all the way- whenever it saw me. I would definitely not recommend tis place to people with small kids, or anyone else for that matter. Maybe it is different in the summer. I didn't bother to ask them if it was & I also left early, confident in the knowledge them giving me a larger cabin effectively nullified any refund on my unused few nights.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank footloose888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
Picton Harbour Inn
#8 of 13 in Picton
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
#5 of 5 in Picton

Been to Merland Park Cottages? Share your experiences!