“Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary”

Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Ottawa, Canada
“Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Brom family celebrated our parents 60th wedding anniversary at the Isaiah Tubbs Resort. It was a perfect location for the children, grand-children and great grand-children to share this wonderful weekend event. We all stayed in Lodge 1 which had wonderful views of West Lake. The rooms were clean, spacious and cosy with gas fireplaces, kitchenettes and screened in porches, which made our gatherings a blast. We took advantage of the meal plan option and everyone was very impressed with the quality and variety of food choices. All the resort staff were very friendly, polite and went out of there way to accomodate us. The celebration turned out to be a huge success largely due to the assistance of the resort's event planner and it's quaintness. We highly recommend this venue and are looking forward to all meeting again for our next family gathering at the Isaiah Tubbs Resort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a 5 star Toronto Sheraton Hotel then keep on going...but why are you going to the county anyways?
Isaiah Tubbs has been a landmark here in the county for a long time and when my husband and I saw a weekend getaway pkg for 2 plus 3 course dinner at a charity event we put a bid on it and were quite happy to win.
We tucked it aside for a special event and then the Red, White And Blues all
Weekend Concert Event came up in the county at the winerys and we booked.
I then looked at trip advisor for reviews and was horrified at what I read and thought " oh God what have we booked" so it was with great trepidation we arrived.
We were booked in Lodge 2 first and upon driving in we did notice the roof and fireplace flue needed replacing but went in to the room, the room was spacious clean, had a wood burning fireplace in Living room and the bedroom was nice size with ceiling fan and tv.
I then noticed the my absolute favorite part a screened in large porch, I have NEVER had that in any city hotel room! Just beautiful!!
The bathroom was large with beautiful size table for setting up your supplies.
Now as the pics will show the furniture is not brand new but it is clean and not worn, you have to realize what you are getting
(A) some of the most beautiful beach front minutes away SandBanks Provincal Park
(B) the beach at the resort is beautiful
along with grounds
(C) The dinning at The Inn On The Knoll Restaurant on the property, we had over our stay french onion soup, soup of the day, mussels,ceasar salad,sirloin tip steak with mashed, lava cake not to mention others but I must admit that everything listed was just excellent and I am very picky on my french onion soup(I normally like cognac in mine), ceasar salad and steaks.
We then spent our days in between the concerts enjoying shopping at the Antique Festival and all the wonderful shops in Bloomfield and Picton.
We had such wonderful times in the evening curled up in front of fire we decided to extend our stay an extra 2 nights and they happened to have a special on for 2 nights for $139. But we had to move our room as they were redoing that roof and chimney I mentioned, so they moved us to Lodge 1 right on the water in a identical room except a gas fireplace....Could it get any better!!
The staff went out of their way to make everything perfect for us.
What this is really is like cottages (a little rustic)with most of your hotel amenities except not pay per view, you can get dvd at front desk.
This is where you go to get out and enjoy the outdoors and nature but also small shops and some antique shopping while a visit to a winery is a must.
If you go here leave your city standards in the city and you will be quite fine and have a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

One night at this location felt like a giant rip off. Last minute to find something in the area. One night in a 'beach villa' ended up being over $300. We decided to enjoy the restaurant but the menu was average at best and we couldn't enjoy the patio as there was a wedding party so we left. The fire pits that were shared were already 'taken' by other families. The villa should have its own pit at least for the price you pay!! The beach was nice but for one night this just wasn't worth it. The only good thing at Isiah Tubbs was a giant tub in the midst of our living area. Seriously.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Carolyn C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just spent two nights here with my company. As we have to "double up" on rooms was not looking forward to it, I was surprised that my colleague and I had a "suite that had two rooms and a sitting room. My room was sparsely furnished, dim and musty - the blinds were very hard to open and the window with the air conditioner in had a piece of plywood where the glass should have been! My colleague's room was a lot nicer with a TV in it and a king size bed. The bathroom was big but could do with updating, almost fell in the bathroom when getting out of the shower as tub is so high off of the floor - need a sign to advise!

The location is fantastic, the grounds are well kept - Staff are very nice and helpful - but as people have said it could do with an update.

I would go back with my husband and give it a try next summer as I love the location, and maybe they would have updated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LorraineStR

Travellers are raving about these Picton hotels

Stirling, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Lots of positives about this place. The grounds, the location, the restaurant. Really liked the pub and the deck overlooking the water. However, the rooms are terribly dated, and a very much overpriced. Although this is mentioned time and time again, it looks like ownership doesn't care.
A little calcium on your gravel roads wouldn't hurt in keeping the dust down either.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ivansine
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very run down property. The location is lovely, right on the lake, but unfortunately wasted with this resort. The rooms were dark, musty and mouldy. The walls and floors so thin we were awoken numerous times by the neighbours simply moving around upstairs and beside us.
To make matters worse it is extremely overpriced.
The restaurant was not bad however and had lovely views of the lake.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank 7tm
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just got home from there today. I'm not the type to stay at a place like this, I prefer 4-5 star hotels so I kind of lowered the bar of expectations. It did however exceed my expectations. As mentioned before if they invested some money into reno's it could go along way. I do believe the prices are on the high side. We paid $230 a night for a Jacuzzi sweet over the labour day weekend. I'd say it's worth 150-170 but we waited till the last minute.

Compared to the other resorts I'd say it's a good size. Remember your paying for the location and a lot of those resorts/hotel keep that camp feel to it. We got lucky and had a nice Jacuzzi room which worked out perfect as it was on the ground floor and had a door to walk out to the pool. Which was fun one drunken night watching tv in the Jacuzzi and than jumping in the pool as there weren't hours for the outdoor pool. For future vistors don't ruin that by becoming drunk and loud at night and making them post pool hours.

There was also free bags of ice available daily and a free guest pass to the park which will save you $16. I never tried the restaurant, we actually found this really cute craft brewery and restaurant just pass picton that was amazing.

The last night we grabbed a 6 pack and sat down near the waterfront and just watched the shooting stars. Overall it's a decent resort and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBlanchard79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
#1 of 7 in Belleville
The Queen's Inn
The Queen's Inn
#4 of 5 in Picton

Been to Isaiah Tubbs Resort? Share your experiences!