“Disappointed stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isaiah Tubbs Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Whitby, Canada
“Disappointed stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We booked in advance their best room #117. On out arrival day we were bumped to a lower grade room with the story that the carpets were soiled. That evening we noticed that someone else was using the room because we could see the tv an lights were on. Not only were we bumped after expecting a nice nigt away in 10 years but we were lies too as well!!!

The rooms are outdated and tired. Carpets are worn, some fixtures and blinds need replacing. The only redeeming feature was that the food wasn't too bad and the restaurant atmosphere was pleasant. The waitress there was very nice and that saved it for us.

My company spent several days at this resort and spent a lot of money. I will make sure our managent is made fully aware of the way my husband and I were treated. I would not recommend to anyone and I will not return. I will repeat my story to many.

• Stayed February 2014
7 Thank Mommy888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Carrying Place, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed one night at Isaiah Tubbs last weekend. I can't thank Cathy enough for the wonderful room she gave us. We enjoyed every aspect of it from the fireplace, Jacuzzi tub to our king size bed. We have stayed numerous times, and each time it just gets better and better.
We had dinner at the restaurant and ate in the pub side this time, the bar tender was our waiter and the service and food were both excellent.
Thanks again to the staff, especially Cathy for making our night memorable.

Room Tip: We were in the corner unit to the west of the office, would recommend this side to all.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BMSmith2013
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Terrible experience;bed linens were dirty,toilets filthy,staff unco-operative and extremely rude
Isaiah Tubbs is a write off for me.I would never return.
Never have I been treated so badly.
Vacationers beware!.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank Cathy D
Nepean
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights during Countylicious in a couples suite within Beach House 2. These suites are in a fabulous location on the resort, right on the beach. The view of the Sand Dunes across West Lake is amazing. The reason I say it needs a bit of a face-lift is because the furniture and decor are a bit dated and tired looking. The shower had some black mold in the corners that I thought should have been taken care of before now. The jacuzzi tub had issues with the taps as the hot water barely came out and to fill it took at least 30 minutes (I did let them know and I am sure they will fix that, so no big deal). We were really impressed with how fast maintenance came out after we called because there was no hot water. The fellow had the hot water tank turned up and resolved quickly. The suite has the bed upstairs in the loft but just a warning, the washroom is downstairs which might pose an issue for someone navigating the stairs during the night. The girls at reception were so nice and helpful along with the staff in the restaurant. Our Countylicious dinner was fine at the Knoll but nothing too spectacular. Again, the man serving us was great and made the evening special. This is the 4th accommodations in Prince Edward County that we have stayed at during this time of year and although it is a bit out of the way, it is a special area to visit.

Room Tip: The suites are great for a special weekend with someone but if you have an issue with a washroom on...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enjoy_life52
Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

This review is long overdue. I stayed at Isaiah Tubbs for 3 nights following the Victoria Day long weekend and it made for a dream-come-true vacation. After passing the beautiful fountain out front and checking in at the receptionist desk inside one of the front buildings, we drove down the path that led to our room. We passed lush green fields, tall trees with welcoming shade and then we saw the lake, its sparkling surface just peeking out at us.

It was confusing to figure out how to get into our room but we finally realized that there's a main door leading into a hallway that then branches off into everyone's separate "suite," I'll call it. As if the property weren't enchanting enough, our room was beautiful and cozy; it tugs at my heart just to remember it! Stones cover the wall surrounding the fireplace; a small, convenient kitchen is tucked in the corner; and the screened-in porch provides a comfortable place to relax, play cards, read, or walk through on your way to the beach.

And the beach...! Our room was right on the beach. I couldn't believe we'd gotten such a beautiful place for such a great price (I'm not sure if the hotel gave us a special deal or if it was seasonal, because a friend stayed at Isaiah on my recommendation in July and paid a lot more). The water laps onto the shore like ocean waves while you walk along the sandy bank. We took pictures under the trees and on the gazebo, enjoying the view. On our last night there, I ran outside to take pictures of the sunset and somehow my new camera made the sunset even more gorgeous! Gorgeous is the best way to put it. (I've attached a picture.)

The property is a 5-minute drive from Sandbanks, which you must visit (in fact, you can see Isaiah from Sandbanks beach and vice versa) and a longer drive from Lake on the Mountain and Belleville, which are some places you might want to visit while here. That is, if you can bear to spare a moment away from relaxing in your suite, walking along the beach, exploring the grounds and soaking up the beauty and paradise that is Isaiah Tubbs.

I want to come back! And hopefully get that special customer rate again. I loved my stay here so much!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Picton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The location of this 'resort' is superb. The grounds are extensive and the views over West Lake with the sun setting behind the massive sand dunes is nothing but awe inspiring! There is a sand beach all along the property and because West Lake is shallow it is so much warmer than the water of Lake Ontario located on the far side of the dunes. The 'resort' itself is tired and needs very much to be updated. Some people have referred to it as rustic but I would refer to it as worn out. The buildings need to be repaired. The furnishings in the rooms are decrepit. There is not a feeling of cleanliness. We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi off the bedroom and I wouldn't even think of using it - let alone touch it. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned properly. The restaurant is not bad and the food we had was good but the service is very much 'hit and miss' - it depends on the server you get and who is preparing your meal, I guess. We felt that we paid too much for our stay. It would be good if some hotel or resort chain would take ownership of the place, renovate and upgrade both it and the services to make it the jewel it should be. We will go back to eat on the patio overlooking the lake but we will not stay there again as it is. Sorry for the mostly negative review but it disturbs me to see a place that could be so superb being let go. The only reason I gave it the rating I did was because of the location and grounds.

renovate and upgrade it to make this place a

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Singenue
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Brom family celebrated our parents 60th wedding anniversary at the Isaiah Tubbs Resort. It was a perfect location for the children, grand-children and great grand-children to share this wonderful weekend event. We all stayed in Lodge 1 which had wonderful views of West Lake. The rooms were clean, spacious and cosy with gas fireplaces, kitchenettes and screened in porches, which made our gatherings a blast. We took advantage of the meal plan option and everyone was very impressed with the quality and variety of food choices. All the resort staff were very friendly, polite and went out of there way to accomodate us. The celebration turned out to be a huge success largely due to the assistance of the resort's event planner and it's quaintness. We highly recommend this venue and are looking forward to all meeting again for our next family gathering at the Isaiah Tubbs Resort.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
Travelodge Hotel Belleville
The Queen's Inn
The Queen's Inn
#3 of 5 in Picton

Been to Isaiah Tubbs Resort? Share your experiences!