“The worst resort I have ever stay at.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isaiah Tubbs Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Toronto
“The worst resort I have ever stay at.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

We stayed at Isaiah Tubbs for a meeting. I called up the front desk to ask some question a few days before the stay and found the receptionist was not polite. When we checked in, we were not informed that a dinner was included in the charge. The decor of the room was outdated and requires major renovation. We called the front desk to borrow iron and an ironing board, but they did not have an ironing board.

At the meeting, we had breakfast and lunch in the meeting room and BBQ dinner at the restaurant. Breakfast and lunch were very disappointing. For a dinner, my friend ordered grilled salmon. Inside of salmon was raw.

My boss paid $370 for a night. This place is overpriced. I will never come back again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank beaver2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

We arrived early at the resort as we were told the day before that perhaps our room would be available early. When we got there the room was not available and that was okay . One person at the reception desk did attempt to call housekeeping to see what the status of our room was but there was no answer. We were told to try a litle later.

When we tried later we had a very sassy receptionist who could say nothing but that room availability was not guaranteed before four. I asked her if perhaps she could try calling housekeeping to expedite cleaning our room as we had arrived. We were told
"we don;t like to bother our cleaning staff". I asked her if she had many requests such as ours today and she told me that we were the only ones that requested early availabilty.
She made absolutely no effort to accomodate us at all.

My husband later mentioned this to the manager who reiterated "Room availablity is not guaranteed before four". Our room was $306 with tax and gratuities. The day was beautiful and we had hoped to enjoy the beach. Too bad for us . They mention in their flyer that if there is anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable, to just ask them. Well, don't bother. They don't care. Small minds always follow the rules.

Whatever you do, DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY!
What Micky Mouse Management .

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bambie07
PictonLanMart, Manager at Isaiah Tubbs Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2009
Guests are always informed of our check in and check out times, but are also offered free use of the resort amenities including the beach and pool. A Sandbanks Park pass would have been offered as well for them to use for the day at the beach. A day at the beach would have been much more enjoyable then standing in the office waiting for a room that was still occupied by the previous guests upon their 10 a.m. arrival. We obviously can not check in a guest when there is still a guest in the room. Our Guest Service department is very accommodating and we have always had comments about how lovely they are, of course, after a few hours of pestering attitudes may change. We could not help with the request any quicker then we did, but not for lack of caring.
I would also like to mention that the rate paid including dinner and breakfast and accommodations in a lovely Beach Suite.

Travellers are raving about these Picton hotels

amherstburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at the resort for our annivesary. I was told on the phone that we would receive the deluxe jacuzzi suite when I arrived we did not receive that room and we had to move to another room of which they informed us we would have to pay 50.00 more per night. When we got in the room it was very musty smelling the door to the pool was locked by a key to which we did not have. Another trip back to the front desk to find out this room had not been used in awhile. Upon returning from our day we went to use the fireplace and it did not work maintenance was called and after returning twice he could not fix it and said so and left. At this time no one called to offer another room or apologize. We decided to use the jacuzzi but could not because of the bugs in it.

In the morning we had to go to the front desk at which time they called maintenance about the fireplace againg and they said very clearly on the radio that the fireplace had been broken for a month and a call was placed awhile ago to fix it. I began to explain also about our jazcuzzi and the visit we had for dinner at the restaurant the night before. When we went for dinner which was included in the price we were told that the servers were to busy and that we would have to leave and come back in an hour there was no host at the door and no bartender to have a drink on the patio. After fumming for about ten minutes outside I proceed inside and convinced he male server to give us a drink and let us sit on the patio until a table was ready. 45 mins later we got served they did not have the wine we ordered our appitzers were cold and I got the wrong meal all of which was not compensated for or apologized for.
After explaining to the girl who was sympathetic she tried to find us a new room but was having trouble. I told her we were leaving for the afternoon and upon our return we would like a solution. When we returned they could not fix our fireplace and only had one other room which was not on the pool side. We decided to stay in our room and they comped us for the second night. Again nothing was said about corrections in the restaurant. When we checked out they still charged us an extra 50.00 for the first night I informed them that was not the price we were quoted and I did not think we should get charged for a jacuzzi and fireplace we technically did not have. The girl stated that they comped our second night due to this. I still felt that we should not have been charged a premium price when we did not have the premium amenities.

On a good note the pool was heated and the view of the sandbanks from the patio of the bar was very nice. FYI the beach they advertise is about a two minute walk only.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christina4066
PictonLanMart, Manager at Isaiah Tubbs Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2009
I believe we did everything possible to make these guests happy. We unfortunately had to get a new fireplace installed in the initial guest room they stayed in. In the morning when the guests came to report these issues, another room was held for them but they decided to stay in the same room for another night, which we did not charge them for. An additional $50 was never charged for the first night, just the initial rate quoted. I feel that we did our best to compensate these guests, and I was under the impression that they were satisfied. I'm very sorry that they left with a negative memory of their anniversary.
Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2009

We stayed at Isaiah Tubbs Resort for Maple in the County weekend. Upon entering our room, the bathroom had at least 30 flying ants all over the floor. Upon further inspection, we discovered several flying ants throughout our room. We called the front desk and made a complaint. We were told the maintenance staff would not be in until the morning. At 8:45 am the following morning, the maintenance staff knocked on our door. He came in and put some liquid ant killer under the bath tub. He said that they had tried this before and it hadn't worked. We went out to enjoy the events for Maple in the County. When we returned to our room, there were at least another 30 flying ants in the bathroom again. We called the front desk and were told the maintenance staff would come back. He offered to show us the only other room available that weekend. It was a room with only one double bed. My family of 4 was staying, so this was not acceptable. The maintenance staff told us that this problem had been ongoing prior to our stay. We remained in our room since we had no other option. The icing on the cake was Sunday morning when I went to brush my hair and found a live flying ant in my hair brush. When we went to check out the following morning, the front desk staff was quite rude about the situation. They said that we had been offered another room, but did not take it. I said it wasn't enough room for my family. She said the reservation only showed 2 adults. I had booked the room in February for my family and told her that they had made an error. We had reserved a suite with 2 bedrooms for this reason. When I asked the front desk staff what she would expect if this happened to her, she indicated that she would want a full refund. I said that is what I would like. She told me she was not able to give me a refund and that a meeting would take place on the Wednesday to determine if I would get a refund. I asked her for the owners contact information and was told that she is not allowed to give that information out. I said that was really terrible customer service. When I returned home it occurred to me that I should check our bags for more flying ants. I'm glad that I did because I found several in our bags. Later that week, I received an email from the general manager stating that they would offer us a free stay to make up for it. I indicated that I would like a refund instead and as of April 8, 2009, I have not received this refund. I have send several messages to the general manager since his first offer and have yet to receive a response from him. Another staff member sent a message stating that these things are beyond their control and suggested that I should take the free stay they were offering. The maintenance staff had indicated that this problem was already there before we came to stay. I have never had such a bad experience at a hotel and would definitely not recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Liketobehappy
PictonLanMart, Manager at Isaiah Tubbs Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2009
Many emails and telephone conversations have been had with this past guest, who has been to our resort many times before this, and has enjoyed it. As I'm sure everyone has experienced, in the spring, flying insects do start to become active again after the winter. This room did have a problem with ants, it was treated, and at times a second treatment is required. Due to a sold-out resort and a very busy Maple In The County weekend, we had only one other room to offer these guests. The number of guests in our reservation was two, I'm sure just to avoid paying for additional people, so the room we had to offer was not suitable since there were actually 4 people in the room. These guests could have checked out, but decided to stay for the weekend. The offer of a refund is not an option when the guest used the room for 3 days. An offer of a complimentary weekend with meals was given, but not accepted. We would much rather a dissatisfied guest return and have a lovely weekend, but we do feel that since the room was used for the entire weekend, therefore should not be refunded. You can't expect a refund for a meal that you ate, so why excpect to use a guest room and then not think you should pay for it? They were here to enjoy the fantastic maple weekend, and I believe the did that. Sometimes staying in a rural area is just not for everyone.
Kingston Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

We have read most of the Previous reviews and figure either they've done alot of improvements or we're just not as Fussy as some people seem to be! Our Room was #116 and It was quite roomy and clean it had both a shower stall and a Jacuzzi, We had a King size bed which was a Little Firmer then We are used to but was a nice. We also had a Gas Fireplace that worked very well in our Room. I wasn't thrilled with the selection of channels on the TV as there weren't many and the ones we did have didn't have any good programs on at the time. We did have a working DVD player and by chance we also had some movies with us, Good thing! There were also a Frig and Microwave located in our room and the usual stuff as well, Coffee maker, Iron, Hair dryer, Etc. The Restaurant was very nice and the Food was also very Good on our Visit, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffet's Definately no reason to be left hungry! The shower had decent water pressure in our room also and the Jacuzzi worked well too! Over All We had a very nice time at the Isaiah Tubb's Resort and are really thinkin about returning there in the Summer for another Weekend retreat and maybe take afew Grandkids along with us as well!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Karonhiio
sohip
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

We booked our wedding with isaiah tubbs for the lovely location and for the fact we could have a weekend event. While the wedding was beautiful, the staff, the rooms, and the cleanliness could have been better.

We had no housekeeping all weekend. We were staying in one of the beach suites for two nights. The room was left empty from 9am until nearly 2pm on the day of the wedding. I thought the bridal suite would be a priority but housekeeping decided not to attend to it. A friend saw someone driving by with a cart of linens when he approached them and asked if the room was to be cleaned. The response from the staff memeber was "Oh, we didn't get around to it." Granted, the room wasn't a disaster, but I didn't want the photographer to come in a take pictures in a messy room. Those are some photographic memories I can't get back.

We had our reception in the The Restaurant on the Knoll. It was beautiful and a great space. Unfortunately we were never informed that it wasn't air conditioned, an important detail they just happened not to tell us. It wasn't that big of a problem because we asked the staff to open a few of the windows. We were given attitude by the staff an the windows were never opened. At one point we opned a sliding glass door to which a staff member came over and rudely closed it without telling us why. Upon further investigation, our party was too noisy for the rest of the guest. It's a wedding reception!

We were also never informed that The Restaurant would be open to the other guests at the resort. This is another detail I would have loved to know about especially since the other patrons decided it was okay to walk across our dance floor to get to the patio and at one point decided it was okay to help themselves to the buffet. We were appalled. The staff didn't do anything to help.

The part that bothered me the most about our wedding weekend was that we were schedule to have a Bride and Groom Sunday Brunch. I was told the resort office would have a sign up log for the brunch (our guests could sign up when they checked in), and the number of attendees would be given to the Restaurant to make a reservation.
Guests who knew about the brunch (that I had told them about earlier) came up to me and said that they were never never asked to sign up. I thought it was strange because I was told so many times that is how it would happen.
So Sunday when it comes time to brunch. We are excited to see our guests one last time before we leave. My family had prepared a small speech to say over brunch. When we got there we were told there were no reservation. They didn't know who we were. We had to sit at four different tables across the room. I was steaming mad because we were told that everything would be taken care of which it apparently wasn't.

I really expected more attention-to-detail from the staff. Unfortunately these issues will always stick out in my mind. It put quite the damper on our wedding weekend. I wrote an email to the staff at isaiah tubbs shortly after the wedding, but never received a response.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sohip
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2009

And if you like a restaurant that "forgot" to put your order in and "forgot" to bring the wine I ordered. The website for this place makes it out to be nice and modern and fun. In reality the rooms are shabby and need an upgrade, the staff is rude, the food is second rate, and the lake is unfit for swimming.

My first room was facing the dirt parking lot and the road. I had to open the windows because the air conditioner was hardly working. Which would have been ok if there wasn't a cloud of dust that blew in the window every time a car went by. In the morning i asked for a different room. The desk clerk tried her hardest to get me to stay where i was, but the threat of leaving without paying made her change her mind. The next room wasn't much better. I had a view of the swimming pool. But the air conditioner still wasn't working right, the room looked like it hasn't been updated since 1975, and there were ants on the floors and a big black bug in the tub. We had originally planned to stay a few more days, but the next morning we packed up and left. I complained to the person at the desk, and while she was apologitic, she didn't even offer a discount on the rate, or any other kind of appeasement.

This place is old, tired and in dire need of major renovations. Or a bulldozer to plow it all under and turn it back in to a campsite.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slowlyseeingtheworld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
Travelodge Hotel Belleville
The Queen's Inn
The Queen's Inn
#3 of 5 in Picton

Been to Isaiah Tubbs Resort? Share your experiences!