“Do not recommened staying.. not worth it!”

Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Picton
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed for one night due to a wedding. I will never stay there again. I booked a two bedroom room and when I got there it is was a double bed and a pull out couch with the cushions shoved under the couch. The bathroom plug ins did not work. We left a bag of garabage consiting of chips and cans of pop because there was no where to throw it out and was charged $125 clean up fee. The staff was not friendly and accused us of making guests leave at a time when we were not even in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank 9nicole9
PictonLanMart, Manager at Isaiah Tubbs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2009

I was very confused by this posting and the statement that you were charged a "cleaning" fee. As was discussed during telephone conversations you were charged for a noise complaint causing other guests to leave their rooms and move at 4:00 in the morning due to your loud party.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

I will never step foot at Isaiah Tubbs again. We were told there was wireless internet in each room, something we needed as my husband needed access to some things for work online. Well it wouldn't connect, so we called front desk and she said hers was working but the guests wireless service was not. Upon checkout I even asked for some kind of discount for the internet issues we had and she she said no. She said the service was down all the way to Kingston....... Still in fairness she could have taken some money off my bill since they advertise something that was not offered during my stay!
The decor reminds me of 1970... The wall paper is peeling, no iron in the room so bring one along. The air conditioner looks like its also from the 1970;s... Its loud and it barely works! Thankfully I packed a fan in case....
Bring rubber boots if its rainy, the parking lots become big mud puddles and we had a wedding to go to and my shoes are ruined.....
Not many channels on the tv so bring some movies.....
The hallways in the lodge are in big need of a paint job. The paint is peeling on the walls in the hall.....

I cannot believe the room was 335.00!!!!!!!! I stayed at the Hilton in Toronto that was bigger than the lodge room and it was only 135.00 a night.....

Also upon checking out I overheard another lady with an ANT PROBLEM!!!!!!

2  Thank brenbabey

The issues with our inernet was not within our control and is a free service. This is not charged to the guest therefore a discount was not applicable. A computer is provided in our Registration Office for guests to use and is always offered in these cases. It is totally understandable that this was annoying to guests, but this was an issue with our internet provider.
Irons are given out upon request and a quick telephone call to our Guest service department would have solved this issue. Our resort is built on a sandy base, there for we can not pave the parking areas, very sorry that it rained on your vacation, but it does happen. Our sattellite provides 25 channels, we don't find this to be a problem for most guests on vacation.

Reviewed 18 June 2009

We stayed at Isaiah Tubbs for a meeting. I called up the front desk to ask some question a few days before the stay and found the receptionist was not polite. When we checked in, we were not informed that a dinner was included in the charge. The decor of the room was outdated and requires major renovation. We called the front desk to borrow iron and an ironing board, but they did not have an ironing board.

At the meeting, we had breakfast and lunch in the meeting room and BBQ dinner at the restaurant. Breakfast and lunch were very disappointing. For a dinner, my friend ordered grilled salmon. Inside of salmon was raw.

My boss paid $370 for a night. This place is overpriced. I will never come back again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank beaver2009
Reviewed 18 June 2009

We arrived early at the resort as we were told the day before that perhaps our room would be available early. When we got there the room was not available and that was okay . One person at the reception desk did attempt to call housekeeping to see what the status of our room was but there was no answer. We were told to try a litle later.

When we tried later we had a very sassy receptionist who could say nothing but that room availability was not guaranteed before four. I asked her if perhaps she could try calling housekeeping to expedite cleaning our room as we had arrived. We were told
"we don;t like to bother our cleaning staff". I asked her if she had many requests such as ours today and she told me that we were the only ones that requested early availabilty.
She made absolutely no effort to accomodate us at all.

My husband later mentioned this to the manager who reiterated "Room availablity is not guaranteed before four". Our room was $306 with tax and gratuities. The day was beautiful and we had hoped to enjoy the beach. Too bad for us . They mention in their flyer that if there is anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable, to just ask them. Well, don't bother. They don't care. Small minds always follow the rules.

Whatever you do, DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY!
What Micky Mouse Management .

2  Thank Bambie07
PictonLanMart, Manager at Isaiah Tubbs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2009

Guests are always informed of our check in and check out times, but are also offered free use of the resort amenities including the beach and pool. A Sandbanks Park pass would have been offered as well for them to use for the day at the beach. A day at the beach would have been much more enjoyable then standing in the office waiting for a room that was still occupied by the previous guests upon their 10 a.m. arrival. We obviously can not check in a guest when there is still a guest in the room. Our Guest Service department is very accommodating and we have always had comments about how lovely they are, of course, after a few hours of pestering attitudes may change. We could not help with the request any quicker then we did, but not for lack of caring.
I would also like to mention that the rate paid including dinner and breakfast and accommodations in a lovely Beach Suite.

Reviewed 17 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at the resort for our annivesary. I was told on the phone that we would receive the deluxe jacuzzi suite when I arrived we did not receive that room and we had to move to another room of which they informed us we would have to pay 50.00 more per night. When we got in the room it was very musty smelling the door to the pool was locked by a key to which we did not have. Another trip back to the front desk to find out this room had not been used in awhile. Upon returning from our day we went to use the fireplace and it did not work maintenance was called and after returning twice he could not fix it and said so and left. At this time no one called to offer another room or apologize. We decided to use the jacuzzi but could not because of the bugs in it.

In the morning we had to go to the front desk at which time they called maintenance about the fireplace againg and they said very clearly on the radio that the fireplace had been broken for a month and a call was placed awhile ago to fix it. I began to explain also about our jazcuzzi and the visit we had for dinner at the restaurant the night before. When we went for dinner which was included in the price we were told that the servers were to busy and that we would have to leave and come back in an hour there was no host at the door and no bartender to have a drink on the patio. After fumming for about ten minutes outside I proceed inside and convinced he male server to give us a drink and let us sit on the patio until a table was ready. 45 mins later we got served they did not have the wine we ordered our appitzers were cold and I got the wrong meal all of which was not compensated for or apologized for.
After explaining to the girl who was sympathetic she tried to find us a new room but was having trouble. I told her we were leaving for the afternoon and upon our return we would like a solution. When we returned they could not fix our fireplace and only had one other room which was not on the pool side. We decided to stay in our room and they comped us for the second night. Again nothing was said about corrections in the restaurant. When we checked out they still charged us an extra 50.00 for the first night I informed them that was not the price we were quoted and I did not think we should get charged for a jacuzzi and fireplace we technically did not have. The girl stated that they comped our second night due to this. I still felt that we should not have been charged a premium price when we did not have the premium amenities.

On a good note the pool was heated and the view of the sandbanks from the patio of the bar was very nice. FYI the beach they advertise is about a two minute walk only.

2  Thank christina4066

I believe we did everything possible to make these guests happy. We unfortunately had to get a new fireplace installed in the initial guest room they stayed in. In the morning when the guests came to report these issues, another room was held for them but they decided to stay in the same room for another night, which we did not charge them for. An additional $50 was never charged for the first night, just the initial rate quoted. I feel that we did our best to compensate these guests, and I was under the impression that they were satisfied. I'm very sorry that they left with a negative memory of their anniversary.

Reviewed 8 April 2009

We stayed at Isaiah Tubbs Resort for Maple in the County weekend. Upon entering our room, the bathroom had at least 30 flying ants all over the floor. Upon further inspection, we discovered several flying ants throughout our room. We called the front desk and made a complaint. We were told the maintenance staff would not be in until the morning. At 8:45 am the following morning, the maintenance staff knocked on our door. He came in and put some liquid ant killer under the bath tub. He said that they had tried this before and it hadn't worked. We went out to enjoy the events for Maple in the County. When we returned to our room, there were at least another 30 flying ants in the bathroom again. We called the front desk and were told the maintenance staff would come back. He offered to show us the only other room available that weekend. It was a room with only one double bed. My family of 4 was staying, so this was not acceptable. The maintenance staff told us that this problem had been ongoing prior to our stay. We remained in our room since we had no other option. The icing on the cake was Sunday morning when I went to brush my hair and found a live flying ant in my hair brush. When we went to check out the following morning, the front desk staff was quite rude about the situation. They said that we had been offered another room, but did not take it. I said it wasn't enough room for my family. She said the reservation only showed 2 adults. I had booked the room in February for my family and told her that they had made an error. We had reserved a suite with 2 bedrooms for this reason. When I asked the front desk staff what she would expect if this happened to her, she indicated that she would want a full refund. I said that is what I would like. She told me she was not able to give me a refund and that a meeting would take place on the Wednesday to determine if I would get a refund. I asked her for the owners contact information and was told that she is not allowed to give that information out. I said that was really terrible customer service. When I returned home it occurred to me that I should check our bags for more flying ants. I'm glad that I did because I found several in our bags. Later that week, I received an email from the general manager stating that they would offer us a free stay to make up for it. I indicated that I would like a refund instead and as of April 8, 2009, I have not received this refund. I have send several messages to the general manager since his first offer and have yet to receive a response from him. Another staff member sent a message stating that these things are beyond their control and suggested that I should take the free stay they were offering. The maintenance staff had indicated that this problem was already there before we came to stay. I have never had such a bad experience at a hotel and would definitely not recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Liketobehappy
PictonLanMart, Manager at Isaiah Tubbs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2009

Many emails and telephone conversations have been had with this past guest, who has been to our resort many times before this, and has enjoyed it. As I'm sure everyone has experienced, in the spring, flying insects do start to become active again after the winter. This room did have a problem with ants, it was treated, and at times a second treatment is required. Due to a sold-out resort and a very busy Maple In The County weekend, we had only one other room to offer these guests. The number of guests in our reservation was two, I'm sure just to avoid paying for additional people, so the room we had to offer was not suitable since there were actually 4 people in the room. These guests could have checked out, but decided to stay for the weekend. The offer of a refund is not an option when the guest used the room for 3 days. An offer of a complimentary weekend with meals was given, but not accepted. We would much rather a dissatisfied guest return and have a lovely weekend, but we do feel that since the room was used for the entire weekend, therefore should not be refunded. You can't expect a refund for a meal that you ate, so why excpect to use a guest room and then not think you should pay for it? They were here to enjoy the fantastic maple weekend, and I believe the did that. Sometimes staying in a rural area is just not for everyone.

Reviewed 22 March 2009

We have read most of the Previous reviews and figure either they've done alot of improvements or we're just not as Fussy as some people seem to be! Our Room was #116 and It was quite roomy and clean it had both a shower stall and a Jacuzzi, We had a King size bed which was a Little Firmer then We are used to but was a nice. We also had a Gas Fireplace that worked very well in our Room. I wasn't thrilled with the selection of channels on the TV as there weren't many and the ones we did have didn't have any good programs on at the time. We did have a working DVD player and by chance we also had some movies with us, Good thing! There were also a Frig and Microwave located in our room and the usual stuff as well, Coffee maker, Iron, Hair dryer, Etc. The Restaurant was very nice and the Food was also very Good on our Visit, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffet's Definately no reason to be left hungry! The shower had decent water pressure in our room also and the Jacuzzi worked well too! Over All We had a very nice time at the Isaiah Tubb's Resort and are really thinkin about returning there in the Summer for another Weekend retreat and maybe take afew Grandkids along with us as well!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Karonhiio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
Best Western Belleville
Best Western Belleville
#2 of 8 in Belleville
TownePlace Suites Belleville

Been to Isaiah Tubbs Resort? Share your experiences!