All reviews beach house west lake small fridge and microwave screened in porch get away fire pit fireplace tubing dunes gathering
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Decided to try the restaurant here and totally enjoyed our food .
Large portions and excellent service.
The parking lot could use some work and you need to be careful of some stairs as I do not think that they meet code anymore .
Also could use some paint around the outside .
Overall it is a nice place for a great meal and I will return .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlafalcia
Reviewed 5 August 2018

It is important to consider this property's star rating - tripadvisor has it classified as 2-star. It may go as high as 3-star, but it would be unfair to compare it to a Deerhurst or Blue Mountain. Given this, it is very good (but if tripadvisor would let me do half stars I'd give it a 3.5, not 4 as I did). But that is not to say that everyone will like it. I will try to summarize why we liked it, and you might, by listing pros and cons:
PROS: private beach on West Lake (rocky with a "squishy" bottom, it nonetheless provides decent swimming and a lovely place to sit or eat by at the restaurant); Lodge 2 room was spacious with a separate bedroom, big living room and screened in porch that made it feel like a cottage; 2 minutes to Dunes Beach at Sandbanks and free pass happened to always be available when we requested one from front desk (this is the real reason you go - Sandbanks); tranquil spot that felt truly comfortable and laid back; excellent staff - always quick to help, cheerful, professional. CONS (and much why others give it weak reviews): somewhat shabby (tap in bathroom blasts water, lightbulbs burnt out, microwave from 1983ish); poor soundproofing in Lodge 2 - was woken each of the several nights we stayed, some nights or early mornings more than once a night due to footsteps and bathroom use above (needs sound insulation); queen beds in majority of accommodation styles (I cannot return to same room due to this - sleeping in a King for years has ruined me for queen beds); inadequate kitchenette - easy to install a counter with proper sink and update microwave (suspicion is that they prefer you to eat in restaurant - they allow you to choose between a bedroom or a kitchenette, despite more than ample room for kitchenette in our suite); restaurant is nice with great feature of a relaxed patio overlooking West Lake complete with sunset, and some staff are excellent - others, particularly the more seasoned ones, acted as though you'd interrupted their work and were surly and smug, and when busy the service is very slow (quick solution - hire more of those young, vibrant staff who were so positive and keen!). Also, stay away from shrimp as it is frozen and mine was thawed by water (they were saturated with water). OVERALL - I do hope that they try to make improvements and not increase rates, because they are charging 3.5-4 star rates (similar to Blue Mountain or Deerhurst) for a clearly 2.5 star resort. For us, we really liked the people and the feel, and may try a beach house next time, despite the idiosyncrasies - for others these may not outweigh the benefits.

Room Tip: Avoid lower level Lodge rooms due to noise (footsteps, flushing toilet, etc.)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ChillinGirl
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Stayed here 1 night during a weekend trip to PEC. Good location, helpful staff, lots to do in the area. Great home base if you're looking to explore the surrounding area. Rooms are certainly outdated, but spacious and provide just what you need - don't come here expecting luxury. Great place for families and couples. We enjoyed the private beach. Only downfall during our stay was the awful experience at the restaurant. Service was terrible, host was downright rude. We waited 2 hours for dinner and ended up cancelling the order all together.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheena K
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Isaiah Tubbs Resort
My wife and myself were on the unplanned portion of our vacation in July of 2018 the previous 5 nights we stayed in the Niagara region and had a fantastic time. I read a little about Sandbanks Provincial Park and decided to check it out. Sandbanks is beautiful place great for camping, the beach is large and ideal for children. We didn’t have a reservation and got a recommendation from a local for Isaiah Tubbs Resort located nearby and is an easy commute to Sandbanks. We called and they had a room available for 2 nights which we were thankful for. I thought the price was a shade expensive but that is what happens with a last minute booking. The room was clean but dated we were OK with that and the bed was comfortable. We did have a few lightbulbs out and the shower faucet was tricky to turn off it needed some maintenance. The WiFi needs added bandwidth works best early in the morning. The restaurant needs some work umbrellas were torn,the prices were a little steep, the servers were very nice. The first meal we had was very good, but the breakfast buffet was cold and it took a while for us to get a glass of water I had to track the waiter down. Later in the evening we came back for dinner and our order took over an hour before we got served others who came after us got their meals first, I had to track my waiter down. Our order was just for a chicken tubby sandwich and a large salad it shouldn’t of taken that long the sandwich and salads were good once we got them. The wrist bands were a little weird the room key should of been enough.

I would recommend Isaiah Tubbs Resort and I would come back but book it on-line for a better price, the resort just needs a tune up. The employees are nice and it’s a good location.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean resort needs a little maintenance but it’s Ok good location. Book ahead of time.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 22 July 2018

The first thing I must say is that the staff at the desk and the restaurant were fantastic ! They were very helpful, cheerful and patient with some people who were not so polite .
The picture on the advertisement for the resort was very deceiving . I thought from our room we would see the lake in front and the pool in back ., not so . the pool was right in our court but we couldn’t see the lake . A long walk if you are carrying beach stuff to the lake . We knew the furniture etc was rustic ...and that was ok . ! We had the room with the loft ,two bathrooms . Very nice rooms . But the first morning we had no hot water in the shower and everything in the fridge was frozen . But that was fixed during the day . Loved the location ! Easy drive into Bloomfield ...loved the shopping there in quaint little shops ....and close to the wineries and breweries .

Room Tip: When we arrived and was disappointed at the location of the room the person at the desk said we should phone and ask about rooms .
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends