“The Perfect Mother's Day Weekend Dinner”
Review of Gazebo Restaurant

Gazebo Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 74 Restaurants in Picton
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located just below the winery, nestled amongst the vines, overlooking the lake is the Gazebo Restaurant. The Gazebo Restaurant offers an open air patio or climate controlled dining room, full service bar, fresh, locally sourced ingredients and professional service. Our Chef will be happy to create special dishes for those with allergy considerations. The Gazebo Restaurant also offers full service catering for your party, wedding or special event.
“The Perfect Mother's Day Weekend Dinner”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Two of my sons and a future daughter-in-law came to stay with me in PEC to treat me over the Mother's Day weekend. When they had asked me to pick my choice of restaurant for dinner and had suggested one of the wineries for Saturday night, I was at a loss. I discovered that most of the wineries were not serving dinner on the Saturday evening. Another son, on a tour of PEC, had driven me by the Waupoos winery and restaurant a few years ago but we had not visited. The memory of the beautiful location of the winery by the water sounded perfect. My sons phoned to make the reservation and found that this was their season opening for dinner. What luck! As we were early and it was not busy, we were seated by a window with a gorgeous view of the water. My sons, the wine afficionados, ordered 2 bottles of red during the meal. They were very pleased. We were served fresh sliced baquette (right out of the oven, I think!). Both sons ordered the fresh wild mushroom soup. to start. My future DIL ordered the seared scallops and I ordered the smoked salmon. The appetizers were outstanding as we traded tastes (politely) around the table. My 2 sons ordered the steak with a leek butter while my DIL ordered the chicken. I ordered the veal chop with wild mushroom sauce (somewhat reminiscent of the delicious soup starter). The vegetable accompaniments (very important to me!) were perfectly cooked. Unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Our waiter was pleasant and gave us excellent service and attention although the restaurant was not busy. As we prepared to leave, my sons made it clear that they would definitely return to The Gazebo at Waupoos. (And I hope they take me with them!)

• Visited May 2014

Kingston, Canada
“A real treasure tucked away in Waupoos”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Chef is an artist. Attends to detail. Soups and salads are perfect. Service attentive and professional. Wines are a treat.

Visited May 2014
Cobourg, Canada
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My daughter, husband and I were doing a little wine touring and I decided to book us into this restaurant for lunch. It was Thanksgiving Sunday so was not sure who was open in the area. We were so glad I chose this. Sitting by the window looking out on the water...great spot!
For an appetizer we decided to order the cheese plate. When it came out we had the feeling things were going to be good. It was great. 5 cheeses from all over the world, berries, fig jam etc. Perfect for sharing. My daughter ordered the chicken pot pie. She just loved it. I had the burger and I have never had a more delicious juicy burger. My husband had the fish special (Perch) and loved his as well. The portions were a good size and we were quite satisfied but what is eating out without trying dessert? My daughter ordered the fruit crumble. Best crumble topping either of us have had.
After lunch we walked down to the water where there is a lovely area to look out on the water or sit and relax for a bit after a big meal. It was a perfect spot to stop and relax a bit before heading out to local wineries and cheeseries

• Visited October 2013
Orillia
“A wonderful, relaxing lunch”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We arrived for a tour of the Waupoos Winery Estates and found the Gazebo Restaurant there by chance. We had a great view of Lake Ontario from our table while we had wine and a very nice meal on a lovely sunny day. The waiter and waitress were both very pleasant and knowledgeable. I found the atmosphere very relaxing and I hated to leave to go back to our hotel. On our way out, we shopped in the winery store for bottles of wine to bring home to enjoy and now have a list of cases of wine they will deliver anywhere in Ontario.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank OrilliaAnnie
Kingston, Canada
“Lovely location, Food Ok.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had dinner here July 2013. The atmosphere, the view are wonderful...unfortunately, the food did not measure up. Neither my husband or I enjoyed our appetizer or the entree. Everything really fell below the mark. I also ordered a rather expensive glass of red wine and I'm clearly not
a fan of the local wine(this may be just me). I honestly could not swallow it.
This is a wonderful location but we were oh so disappointed in the food. I really hope this was an isolated experience because the location was simply beautiful.

• Visited July 2013