“Wish we could have stayed longer!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
The Manse Boutique Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Spent one night here on our way home from a long weekend and it was perfect. The Manse has been lovingly and beautifully restored. It has all the charm of a heritage property and the comfort of a newly built inn with a lovely pool, hot tub and pond with waterfall. It's hard to believe you're right in town. We were very happy that Chef Chris was serving dinner that night which was a fantastic three course meal and a good selection of wines served on the patio beside the pond, pure bliss. We also enjoyed a delicious breakfast the next morning. Kathleen and Chris are excellent hosts and obviously have a passion for what they do. We will definitely return and have no hesitation in recommending a stay and dinner at The Manse, even if just for one night, but preferably for longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We recently stayed at The Manse in Room 5 for our mini-honeymoon. It was perfect. Room 5 is on the 3rd floor and is worth the extra set of stairs. The bathroom was spacious unlike some of the other bathrooms at The Manse. It had a deep bathtub separate from the walk-in shower with multiple shower heads! There was a counter in the bathroom and a window to allow lots of natural light in.

The room was spacious enough for us. Because it was on the top floor, the ceiling was angled in some areas. It was impeccably clean and came with a wine cork screw and 2 wine glasses to assist us in drinking our PEC wines! The queen bed was very comfortable and the room had a flat screen TV. The room is on the pool and hot tub (both of which we used and loved!) side so we did not hear the church bell throughout the night. We also closed our windows and turned on the AC.

The best thing about The Manse for me was the in-house chef. I had contacted Chef Chris prior to my arrival and discussed with him my many food intolerances. He assured me he would be able to accommodate me, so we booked dinner with The Manse for Saturday night (very reasonable rate that included a starter, main, and dessert). I was not disappointed! ALL of my food issues were addressed and NONE of the flavour was sacrificed! This is probably the first 'restaurant' style experience I have had where I didn't feel like I was missing out. I was even able to have a dessert (grilled peaches with mango gelato DAIRY FREE!! and local). My husband's meal straight off the menu was also amazing.

Thank you Kathleen and Chris for making our mini-honeymoon to PEC a wonderful, relaxing and comfortable experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor - larger room and bathroom. Also, the rooms overlooking the pool are not...
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here a year ago and the place was quite nice. I was eager for a return. No doubt it still is nice and the recent reviews attest to this. But I feel I have to remark on my latest unsuccessful attempt to secure an evening of accommodation. I used the "Quick Contact " button on the website and requested a room. Fair enough if the place was booked, my request was admittedly last minute and I was prepared to be disappointed , But I got no reply whatsoever to my enquiry. I followed up with a phone call a day or so later and was told curtly : "I have nothing for you". Maybe I am a little too sensitive but in a high end place like this I expect a little common courtesy ---- like an answer to a web reservation request, even if it is negative, and an apology before being curtly turned down over the phone. ( Better still how about a recommendation on another place to try ---good for someone else's business ?? ) Stuff like that leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. Maybe the Manse has had a little too much success and is adopting what I am coming to recognize is PEC bad attitude. I have run into it recently in other places in the county. Perhaps my 20 year love affair with the county, traditionally a warm, friendly and inviting place, is coming to an end. Success has spoiled them.

6  Thank nairene
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We had a reunion and birthday celebration with six couples and had a wonderful stay.
Everything was perfect ...Chris, the food was amazing....the rooms were quainted but stylish...the grounds were fun ( swimming and hot tub ) and we enjoyed our happy hours in the gazebo. Kathleen you had everything well organized and we will definately be returning. Thank you for making this memorable weekend so perfect.
The 60's club from Ottawa,Vancouver and Florida

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I just finished our second staty at the Manse and have already planned to go back for another. We stumbled upon the place from a reference by a local citizen and while checking it out while on aother stay somewhere else we met Chef Chris. After speaking with him and checking out their website we decided to give it a try. Boy have we ever lucked in. Both of our stays have been the BEST 2 day getaways we could ask for. The atmosphere, the ambiance, the peacefulness, the food and of course the hosts Kathleen and Chef Chris make this an ideal get away for us. We can't wait to go back and just wish it was sooner.
Lorne and Gail

Room Tip: We have tried a coupel of rooms, but Room #1 is our favorite. It has a shared balcony and overlooks...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We just had the best 2 days at the Manse! The hosts went so far above & beyond to make our stay comfortable. Wonderful room with a nice shared balcony & the bed was so comfortable. The grounds & pool area are immaculate. We had the romantic dinner package & it was absolutely worth it. The chef is fantastic! Breakfasts were so tasty too. everything fresh and homemade. Wonderful experience, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for room 1 or 4, they have the balconys
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Absolutely loved it. Pool, hottub, food, rooms, service were all impeccable. Dinner on the patio was to die for. Great wine selection. We would have stayed longer if it had been available. This inn is in the heart of Picton and close to Amenities if you need them. We will definitely visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank lizzybumbit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Picton
The Waring House
Twin Birch Suites & Cottages
Twin Birch Suites & Cottages
#3 of 13 in Wellington
Jackson's Falls Country Inn

Been to The Manse Boutique Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!