“Excellent Food at a Small Ecclectic Restaurant in Picton”
Review of The Painted Peppercorn - CLOSED

The Painted Peppercorn
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 6 June 2014

One of the nice things about Picton is that it lacks the mid-range chain restaurants that dominate so many cities. It forces people to check out some different places. The Painted Peppercorn is one of those small gems in this small town. It is located off Main Street in the heart of the City around the corner from The Bean Counter - the street entrance being on Elizabeth Street. It offers limited seating and a small menu - get there early to get a seat because it's popular! The website does indicate a seasonal patio but considering the cool air, I didn't bother to ask. I enjoyed a wonderful mushroom ravioli pasta dish with brie and a carrot and kale soup. Service was terrific and the atmosphere very nice. The prices are good considering the quality received. The restaurant also offers local beer and wines. Hours do vary so do check prior to going.

2  Thank Tazaemon

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Special healthy lunches. Special care in their food preparations. I like the food and the people there.

2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Situated behind the BeanCounter restaurant, Old wood motif.
Service was quick and courteous. I had a glass of local apple cider that was very refreshing followed by a turkey tortierre which was ok but the crust was not as crisp as i would have liked but good none the less,i got the idea it was heated in a microwave rather than a real oven.

1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We enjoyed a late, fall lunch here this afternoon and really enjoyed it. I had the tomato soup of the day with the pork tourtière and my wife had fresh salad and the chicken curry. We both thought the dishes were really tasty. I particularly enjoyed the seasonings in both the soup and the tourtière. Also finished with a nice local white Riesling. Service was very friendly and prompt. Would go back here again readily. Nice to see quality places that serve fresh, local food doing so well.

2  Thank psmith45
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stumbled upon The Painted Peppercorn by accident - we were hungry, looking for a lunch spot, and it was the closest one.

We ordered the pork tourtiere and cauliflower soup. I had expected a salty creamy mess, but instead I got a delicious, wholesome soup full of flavour. My wife ordered the pork tourtiere, which had a rich medley of fall spices; every bite was delectable.

The food we got was healthy, low in sodium, and full of fresh ingredients. Highly recommended.

3  Thank TorontoCanadaEh