“A great suite in the heart of a great Ontario town”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
The Chatsworth Suites
Ranked #24 of 44 Picton B&B and Inns
Livonia, Michigan
“A great suite in the heart of a great Ontario town”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I wanted a romantic, private week-end getaway, and we found the perfect spot. The Empire Suite at the Chatsworth Suites was everything we were looking for, and more. We had heard about Prince Edward County and Picton from other friends who'd been there, so we knew it was a great place for dining, wineries and beaches. And the Chatsworth Suites, also recommended by friends, turned out to be simply the best place to stay.

The Empire Suite was pure luxury: beautifully appointed room, super-comfy king-size bed, HD TV, A/C, refrigerator and microwave and a great shower! We knew we were going to dine out a lot, but be able to have a self-catered breakfast in private in the suite was great. The proprietor, Kevin, keeps a good stock of breakfast items for just about anything you'd like: cereal, toast, fruit etc. We had our choice of just eating in the room, or going out to the table in the gorgeous, private garden. We did both, depending on our mood.

Kevin also knew all about the "things-to-do" in the County: restaurants, wineries, Sandbanks Park. Our favorite dinner out was at Blumen, which Kevin recommended highly and booked for us. Truly fine dining. We also had more casual meals right on Main Street in Picton, which is an easy one-block walk from the suite. For live music and casual food we went to The Acoustic Grill, also an easy walk. And we spent a lovely afternoon on the beach at Sandbanks, on beautiful Lake Ontario, with a pass provided along with the suite as a nice little additional perk.

And after a nice night out, just coming back to the great room to relax was a treat in itself.

All-in-all it was a great place to stay, not to mention a great value for all you get.

We'll be back, and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Room Tip: The Empire Suite was perfect for our romantic getaway. We've had friends who wanted to do more c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frank D
Kevin B, Owner at The Chatsworth Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hello and thanks for commenting on The Empire Suite. We are very happy that you liked the Suite
and our location. It was great having you stay with us, and we appreciate you telling your friends about The Empire Suite. We hope to see you later in the year..

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I love this place! I saw the suites on their website and booked two nights. I was prepared to accept that things wouldn't be as lovely as they appeared in the photographs, but I was pleasantly surprised. Everything exceed my expectations. The Empire Suite, the more luxurious of the two suites, was just what I wanted - a king size bed, ductless air conditioning & heat, hardwood floors, a rainshower head in the shower, HD TV/PVR,lots of great ingredients for a super breakfast that I enjoyed in the beautiful garden.

Kevin was genial and helpful. He shared his knowledge of the County to make my experience there unforgettable.

I've already booked a return visit.

Room Tip: The Empire Suite is my favourite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kevin B, Owner at The Chatsworth Suites, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hi Marcy,
We are glad you loved The Empire Suite. Thanks for taking the time to comment. We try to make all of our guests feel welcome to our Suites, and The County. It will be nice to see you again on your next visit.
Kevin
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked both suites because this was trip that my boyfriend and I were taking with my parents, who were visiting from England. None of us had ever been to PEC and we'd definitely go back!

Finding The Chatsworth Suites was really simple and as soon as we got there Kevin and Kathleen made us feel very welcome. We were offered the Sandbanks Park pass which we used the following day (and it was wonderful) and Kevin offered us advice on where to eat and what to see. We were also given a wine tasting pass which we used and we bought some gorgeous wine as a result of that trip.

In terms of the suites I think all of us agreed that the better of the 2 is the one with the Queen bed. This suite has a full kitchen and the bedroom is sort of separated off which makes it a slightly better lay out than the king room which feels more like a studio apartment. My parents also found that the king bed was perhaps too big for it's position in the room and was hard to get around. Other than that though the rooms were great. The bathrooms were clean and toiletries were provided.

The breakfast items are already in your fridge and we had no complaints about the choice! There were 3 or 4 choices of cereal, bread, marmalade, jam, eggs, juice, milk. If you were in the Queen room you could buy some bacon, sausages or whatever, if you wanted something a bit heartier but that's not really our preferred breakfast anyways so what Kevin had offered us worked a treat! There was also a coffee pot in our room (as opposed to a kettle in the king room), and different teas. We loved it.

The garden is also another treat! There is room to sit out and eat and it's well positioned.

Yes there are dogs but we met the bigger of the 2, whose name I can't now remember, and it was lovely and friendly.

I would certainly recommend The Chatsworth Suites to any visitor to Picton.

Room Tip: I would always pick the queen room over the king room. It's bigger and has a full kitchen.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank littlemiss0703
Kevin B, Owner at The Chatsworth Suites, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to comment. We are glad you enjoyed the Suites, and your visit to The County. We always try to make our guests stay a pleasurable experience. Bear enjoyed meeting you very much.
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We just returned from a three day stay at Chatsworth Suites. A friend who stayed a few months ago raved about this place. Friendly, accommodating but totally private. My partner and I loved the garden, as well as the amenities and decor in The Empire Suite. It didn't seem as if we were in the heart of Picton, but we walked to dinner at The Merrill Inn, Blumen and Portabella. The owners even let us use their pass to Sandbanks. We'll definitely be back. For a moment, we thought we shouldn't share this place, but good places at great prices should be known!

Room Tip: The Empire Suite has a king-size bed and is worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erich C
Kevin B, Owner at The Chatsworth Suites, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to comment about your stay in The Empire Suite. It was great having you stay with us, and we hope you can return again. I am glad you found our location was in walking distance to many lovely dining establishments in Picton.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This my first trip to Prince Edward County and I'll be back. I saw the Chatsworth Suites website and booked a three day stay. From my arrival, I was made to feel welcome. The owners were friendly and helpful - they gave me maps, wine tasting tickets and even made reservations for me and my partner that night at a top-rated restaurant. The suite was impeccable. Every detail was thought of. There was generous, quality food to put together my own breakfast. The garden, I discovered, has been included on garden tours and no wonder. It's huge, with nice seating options to sit and read or just watch nature. There are friendly dogs and the owners take great care in making sure you're comfortable with them and keeping everything tidy. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cecile M
Kevin B, Owner at The Chatsworth Suites, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look foreword to having you stay with us again. We are glad your stay was all you had hoped for.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just got back from a week long trip exploring Ontario's wine regions. Our home in Prince Edward County was at Chatsworth Suites : great location right smack in the middle of Picton, on a beautiful old tree lined street. Very private (we had our own parking and entrance), full kitchen (minus a fan - so no real cooking possible in the suite) and spacious living quarters. Our generous hosts gave us many free wine tasting coupons and great restaurant advice (Blumen IS a must), as an access to their BBQ (really appreciated !).
But ...
Two really big no-nos prevent me from giving an "excellent" rating to Chatsworth Suites : dog poop everywhere in the garden and really dirty windows and patio doors in the suite. I do not comprehend how the owners can have overlooked such important aspects of their otherwise nice lodging offer. The garden is specifically designed for guests. How can two dogs be let loose to do their business there without very close monitoring and scooping ? A picture window in the bedroom opens on this same garden. How can extra dirty windows be left uncleaned during high season ? This is a mystery to me. At 110$ a night, I am used to better.
Oh, I almost forgot, the breakfast : a loaf of cheap supermarket bread, 12 eggs, a quart of milk and orange juice, two saucers of commercial jams in the fridge and three already opened cereal boxes in the pantry and a bowl containing bananas, oranges and apples do NOT offer "An escape from the everyday", the inn's catch phrase.
Sorry !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Urbainedesbois
Kevin B, Owner at The Chatsworth Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your opinion, and apologize for not meeting your expectations. The cleaning staff has been notified about your comments, and will endeavour to rectify the situation. As per breakfast groceries, we are happy to help visitors with special dietary requests. Most of our guests have commented on the quality of selection, and ample quantity. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the use of our BBQ, and several of our other amenities during your stay. Thanks for your comment.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at Chatsworth for two nights (Aug. 4 & 5). We were very happy with the accommodations and all of the "little things" they do to make guests comfortable and for a pleasant stay in Prince Edward County. Kevin is a great host - he gave us a tour of the facilities and also gave us helpful tourist tips and coupons. I agree with another reviewer: "This is the way a B&B should be". They are located in the centre of town, which is a good location for most activities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Martha200
Thanks for taking the time to comment. It was great having you stay with us.