“Basic”

Macaulay Mountain Conservation Area
Ranked #16 of 46 things to do in Picton
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The trails were poorly cared for - it was the end of April already and surely some crews could have been out clearing brances and laying gravel on the sodden areas!!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place is typical of most Ontario Conservation Areas. Pleasant walking trails showcasing the local flora and fauna. A picnic area, pond with small fish, frogs, etc. In summer kids can join summer day camp programs which arfe fun and informative. Whattam's Funeral Home sponsors a memorial walkway with trees planted in memory of loved ones.

A pleasant place to get back to nature in any season.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stopped by for some mountain biking on the way home from the cottage. A branch broke my dérailleur and I only got 30-minutes of biking in. From my limited time out there, the trails seemed poorly maintained and not marked. That kind of made them interesting but, I would have liked to see a sign letting me know where I am headed. However, it is free and I can't be too demanding.

After the bike broke, we spent another 15-minutes wandering the Birdhouse City. An odd spectacle indeed.

Neither is worth the trip to Picton but, if you are already in the area and feel like a hike.. go for it.

1  Thank AdventureArt
Reviewed 13 September 2012

great place to go for a hike. also take a look at birdhouse city. some of the most lovely and most elaborate birdhouses there