The hotel consists of a few buildings scattered on a very large property. We stayed in one of the newer buildings. Room was huge with a very comfortable bed, large sitting room and large bathroom. Large sitting area in the lobby of each building. Decoration was sort of reproduction of an older era, lots of floral and a few fake flowers.
The office, restaurant, bars and cooking school are across the parking lot. Not much else on the property, which seemed a shame for such a large property; no pool or gym or even nice gardens with sitting areas outside. There was a sitting area outside our room, some nice chairs looking out to open grass.
Pub was busy each night, obviously a popular spot with locals and sounded like some good bands. Food was ok, not much we liked from the pup menu. Restaurant was better, and while the breakfast menu was good, the service was very slow. Very polite waiter, but a few waitresses standing around so we had to get up and ask them for coffee.
Nice place, just seemed like something is lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rural hospitality meets modern convenience in the heart of Ontario's newest wine and culinary hotspot, Prince Edward County. Choose from 49 rooms and suites in our historical buildings or our new luxurious lodges. Fine dining in Amelia's Garden, casual fare and live music in the Barley Room Pub. Recreational hands-on cooking classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your The Waring House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waring House Hotel Picton
- The Waring House Picton, Ontario, Canada