We had a premium room in one of the two recently constructed buildings. The room and bathroom were both large and well appointed. We even had our own hot tub which was nice. The hotel is located slghtly to the West of Picton at the junction of Highway 33 (the Loyalist Parkway) and Municipal Road 1. It has both a formal restaurant and a pub which also serves most of the food on the menu in the restaurant. We ate in the pub both nights that we stayed at the hotel and were very pleased with the quality of the food. Breakfast was also delicious with ample quantities of bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes and french toast available. The french toast was particularily good as was the home made jam. The location of the hotel is very convenient for visiting Sandbanks Provincial Park and also as a pickup spot for a wine tour. We took the hotels recommendation of Sandbanks Vacations and Tours and enjoyed a very pleasant half day tour in the company of a very efficient and knowledgeable host called Heather during which we sampled 25 wines in five wineries. Altogether a very pleasant trip that exceeded our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rural hospitality meets modern convenience in the heart of Ontario's newest wine and culinary hotspot, Prince Edward County. Choose from 49 rooms and suites in our historical buildings or our new luxurious lodges. Fine dining in Amelia's Garden, casual fare and live music in the Barley Room Pub. Recreational hands-on cooking classes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Waring House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waring House Hotel Picton
- The Waring House Picton, Ontario, Canada