“Everything was Perfection”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Picton
Claramount Inn & Spa
Ranked #22 of 41 Picton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2013

A one night getaway. Spent the day in the Spa and would highly recommend the Sampler Spa package, also comes with lunch. Very professional services and good value. The room and food were under the Countylicious Special and for the price it was the room, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.Would definitely return to the Inn. Excellent service and great food.
Room # 5 in the main house is delightful and very large, Victoria style, lovely antiques, King Size bed, lovely lines, housecoats, separate dressing room, huge bathroom, overlooking the Bay of Quinte

Room Tip: Room # 5 in the main house is delightful and very large, Victoria style, lovely antiques, King Size...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Norah R, Owner at Claramount Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Hello Joanne from Kingston, thank you very much for staying with us and for writing about your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and it is shared with all here at the Inn.
We are glad you enjoyed it.
Joanne, if you like to stay in touch with us, you can like us on facebook or subscribe to our e-blast on our website.

thank you again and please visit us again soon.... we also have Gift Certificates available for both the Inn and the Spa.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

During the weekend of Oct. 26th, we had family and friends come from around Canada and the US to join together for our wedding at the Claramount Inn & Spa. This location was chosen for its location, but as well as the beauty of the property and its functionality.

When we made arrangements, back in July, we had wanted to rent the whole Inn for the weekend (including the two ‘cottages’), however there were already three bookings that precluded this from happening. I mention this, only as both my soon-to-be wife and I, had wanted to stay at the Inn on a couple of occasions when the decision was made to hold our event there – but each time, it was fully booked, so were a little disappointed that we could not get a ‘feel’ for the Inn before the event, but in any case a very good sign.

As mentioned, arrangements were made in July, and from the very start, the assistance provided could not have been any more thorough. On the first meeting (for which we were an hour late – I refer to the soon-to-be wife for that), Candace Boudreau was gracious and ensured that we had all that we required to begin putting together our plans. Once that was done, she then introduced us to the Chef - Lyndon B. Johnston (yes, I made the same jokes). Lyndon was wonderful – friendly, humourous (but with that name….), and more than flexible relative to what we wanted to do for our guests, over the event weekend. So from that day, forward, the communication with the Claramount Inn was clear, concise and timely. We knew exactly where we stood, going into the weekend event.

The weekend of the event, was everything that we had expected. The rooms were incredible! Each had its own ambiance, with a specific look and comfortable feel, and every guest was more than thrilled with what was presented to them. Additionally, each room had more than sufficient space, which provided each guest their own personal space without feeling claustrophobic. Not one of the guests had any issue with their accommodation – and all were provided warm, friendly and personable service upon check-in.

The menu for the reception was thorough, with a selection to satisfy all palates, even, of course those who were vegetarian. From the appetizers, through to dessert, once again, the Claramount Inn did not disappoint. Lyndon and his staff did a fantastic job in ensuring that my guests were more than satisfied with their choices – and they truly were satisfied; as regardless of choice, my guests raved about the chicken dish, the fish dish or the beef dish - or even the vegetarian dish. No on had any criticism of what they had chosen for dinner. Of course, wanting to ensure that my guests were satisfied with their meals, I, through the course of the evening,

The weekend went by very quickly, however with the support of the staff at the Claramount Inn & Spa, along with the exceptional facilities of the Inn, the main objective of the weekend was achieved (beyond the wedding, at the Inn, itself): all had a relaxing, stress free and peaceful weekend to enjoy each other’s company. The Claramount Inn & Spa, with its attentive, diligent staff far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FreeRose2
Norah R, Owner at Claramount Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Scott,

thank you very much for holding this most important event here at the Claramount, it was a great pleasure to serve you and look after all your needs.
and thank you also for posting this on Trip Advisor, while we have made some mistakes in the past, we are trying hard to improve on our services and product.

On behalf of all of us here at the Claramount, thank you very much!!! all the very best to you and your bride

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I booked in to the Claramount Inn on my way back from Montreal and was very impressed with the place. It was in a great location ( quite yet only a 15 minute walk to downtown ) and very easy to find from the highway. The room we stayed in was larger than some condos i have been in in Toronto, with a large bedroom and sitting area, large bathroom with towel heaters and even a dressing room. We had a private staircase to our room and a nice balcony over looking Picton Bay and the grounds. The only fault I found was the dinning room service in the morning, very slow and they actually forgot our order, there was only 10 people at the time in the room. The heated salt water pool was a bonus and very relaxing. The staff were very friendly and helpful with tips about what we should see in Picton and the surrounding area. I will definitely be back next time I am in the area and I know I will once again enjoy the Inn.
Steve S

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve S

Dear Steve,

thank you very much for staying with us and for writing about your experience. I am sorry that your experience for breakfast was not the best. We always try to improve on our services and product.. I am not sure what happened on that particular morning.

thank you again, and I hope you will visit us again soon

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Recently visited the friendly staff at Claramount for a overnight stay. We had actually won this stay through a contest and had no expectations about what would happen. The grounds were lovely as was the Inn. You couldn't say enough good things about the hospitality of the staff. The dining room made you feel like you were eating at an extended family gathering. We like to meet new people while we are on vacation and you could converse easily with other diners or stick to yourself. The food by Lyndon was great and my gluten free meals were no problem. We loved the way the rooms were set up with a sitting room, a king sized bed and a fantastic bathroom with a large soaker tub. It was a nice walk back in time with the antique style furniture and decor. Some painting touch ups and outdoor painting in the near future would be good to keep this beautiful Inn shining! A special shout out to Candance who looked after us so well. Thank-you so much for this wonderful break!

2  Thank vettech65

HI Vettech thank you very much for staying with us and for writing about your experience
I know you enjoyed at stay at the Waring House as well, so it is great that you experienced both of our places.
We are very proud of all here at the Claramount and at the Waring House and your comments show that we are very blessed having them.

again thank you very much and I do hope you will visit us again

Regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We took advantage of a last-minute deal for a mid-week break. With the previous poor reviews I was at first reluctant to choose this location but for one night we thought let's give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed the Inn. The room was spacious, beautifully decorated, clean and the bed so comfortable. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Next time we will book 2 nights and take advantage of the pools and spa along with the many events and highlights of the County.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 on the second floor....large sitting area, huge soaker tub and separate shower...

Hello Barb,

thank you very much for staying with us and for writing about your stay. Yes, some reviews can be a little misleading sometimes.. they are helpful, but again... ..
I am very pleased that your stay was a very enjoyable one.. I do hope you will come back and experience the area again.. we have many specials, either through Ontario Finest Inns or you can also call us directly.
and !! until November 24th we are featuring " Countylicious"... you can either dine, a 3 course meal is only $ 35.. or you can buy an overnight package.. either way, it is fun in the County..

Visit us soon

Owner.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was a second stay at the Claramount Inn. Like the first time, we found the meals served at Clara's exceptional. The service was friendly and helpful and the dining room had a lovely waterfront view.

We were booked for room 1 but when we found it was on the main floor near the entrance and front desk we ask for other options. The third floor was the only other option. There are no elevators so you have to be able to climb three flights. The room was huge with a king size bed which was very comfortable. This room was very quiet.

My only issue was with how bright the room is in the morning. There are lovely skylights, but no way to block the morning sun. If you're an early riser - no problem. If you want to sleep in, bring some shades.

Room Tip: rooms 3 and 4 are on the second floor and I would recommend them.

Hello PJWray,

thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.
I am very glad that you did enjoy your stay with us... and unfortunately there is no elevator at the Claramount... and I noticed your comment about the light early in the morning.. yes, we will look into it.. to see if we can do something.
We are offering right now many special packages, either direct at the Inn or you can also book through Ontario Finest Inns and Spas..

please visit us again soon

\

Reviewed 23 October 2013

It's been five years between stays and the Claramount hasn't changed much. This is good and bad. Good because the rooms are more generous than any you'll find anywhere else in this price range and bad because well, the carpet is still the same only slightly more worn and stained.

It's a stunning home that you instantly feel comfortable in even if old luxury isn't your style. The staff are friendly, the grounds beautiful and the amenities thoughtful. The B&B is pretty quiet as it is set well back from the roadway and guests are not the rowdy type.

I've read some recent reviews and can't agree with most of the comments. We stayed with our parents who came down on the second night and everything was exactly as agreed to the month beforehand. They even gave us a discount when they lowered the rate a few days before we arrived (I would never have known).

The dining experience was very good but not the best. Portions are a little on the small side for suppers and breakfasts but nicely prepared.

The home needs some TLC. Throw rugs to cover the old wall to wall, someone to remove the dirt, dust and insects from the outside walls and windows and make the place a bit happier.

If it was me, I think I'd raise the rates a bit and use the extra income to perform these upgrades. I wonder if they're on a slippery slope of reducing prices to get more guests but alienating those guests because the experience isn't meeting expectations?

Bottom line is we'd stay here again. The grounds are amazing to walk around on, the upstairs common area was a nice place to spend the evening playing cards and the beds are large and comfortable. Give this place a try, enjoy Picton's cheeses and wines and get a good night's sleep in the cloud-like beds and linens.

Room Tip: In the summer, get a room on the lower floors so you can enjoy your private balcony (they finally in...
1  Thank BestViews

Hello Bestviews from Ottawa,

thank you very much for staying with us and for writing about your experience.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.... and yes, sometimes feedback can be seen a little different.. some guests have different expectations as others and yes, sometimes we need to be reminded what we can improve on.
I noted your comments on the meal portions and on the housekeeping items you mentioned.
In this not so good economy it is very difficult to increase rates, even if it is just to provide better service or improve on the product, we are all very price sensitive... but I do thank you for that comment.

thank you again and we are looking forward to your return visit.