This a great little budget hotel in a fantastic location.
This is frankly very close to a motel given the location of the hotel relative to the parking lot. However, the rooms are structured in such a way that the hotel does not feel like a motel at all. This is because all of the windows face the other way, facing the harbour. There is some parking in the rear, but the harbour is so lovely that the view is still stunning. My room also had a little balcoy which was a nice touch.
The room is a little on the older side in terms of the decor, but that didn't bother me because it was still clean and this is a budget hotel so it is to be expected. The bathroom was a little bit small, but it was clean and had everything that I needed.
In terms of the location, that's one of the best things about the place. Frankly, that's why we stayed there rather than at some fancy B & B. Not only are B & B's in the area really expensive, but they also rarely have a nice view and you essentially have to drive to get anywhere. In contrast, this hotel is right downtown, within walking distance of restaurants, shops and bars in the area. So this allows you to go out and have a couple of drinks wihtout worrying about driving to the hotel at the end of the night.
The check-in process was quick and efficient as was the check-out process.
Another advantage of this hotel is that for some reason, it tends to have more availability at busy times. I suspect this is because the surrounding places are mostly 1-3 room B & Bs. We booked this at the last minute and it was one of the few places with availability in the area.
All of this for about $120 including taxes. Not bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Picton Harbour Inn offers twenty-nine comfortable guestrooms, plus a large family unit, and a three-bedroom furnished apartment. The rooms are simple, many furnished with locally-made oak furniture, and the walls are hung with vignettes of the past in the form of archival photographs of Picton Harbour in bygone days. All rooms have cable TV, air conditioning, and telephone. Some have balconies overlooking one of the most charming small town harbours in Ontario and some rooms have whirlpool baths. There is also imited dockage, with hydro and showers available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Picton Harbour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Picton Harbour Hotel Picton
- Picton Harbour Inn Ontario, Canada