“The service never gets better”

The Golf Club Grill
Ranked #29 of 80 Restaurants in Picton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I like the View restaurant because of the spectacular view, and being able to watch golfers come in off the 18th hole. This is one of my favorite spots as a local. I've eaten breakfast, and lunch at this restaurant, as well as had beverages on the patio, many of times. The service never gets better! We stopped in for a work lunch last week. We were the only ones inside the restaurant, and there were two tables outside. Personally I find the lack of attention by the wait staff very annoying. Having worked in the industry myself for many years, I tend to pay attention to the little things. We were not told of any lunch specials, yet I over heard the two workers speak amongst themselves about what they were. People were seated at a table outside that had previously been used, yet when they sat down, the waitress never cleaned off the table for them, she served around the mess. Our service was slow, and lacked enthusiasm. I find no matter how many people there are/aren't in this restaurant, the service is always a bust! I've heard great things about the new owners and the buffet they put on, yet I have no desire to go due to slowness of wait staff.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

This restaurant has one of the best Views in Prince Edward County and even better food with great service. Today at the Golf Club member Opening. We were served Bill and Marnie's a fantastic buffet. That will be served on Sunday's by Bill and Marnie. We will be back to have a beverage on the deck or dinner after a round of golf.
Public welcome!

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We had not been to this restaurant in quite some time, but were told we simply had to go to try the burger. We were not disappointed! One of the best burgers I have ever had. And the view was spectacular.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

The view of the Bay of Quinte is absolutely stunning, However, it took 2 hours to get our meal. The food was acceptable when it arrived. This experience does not encourage us to return.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I frequent this restaurant often and find it to be great value Service is pleasant and efficient The restauant has the best view of Picton harbour Try it
During our last visit there were problems The main courses of three guests were not available One would hope steak would be easy to have on hand, Then the special was over sold and we were the first guests to arrive
However the Server and the Manager stepped up and offered extras and complimentary meals A game winning save Well done - staff