All reviews long weekend campers camping facilities dock fishing cottage
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to relax. Family of 5 with three girls, 19, 15 & 10 years old. Also brought our yorkie's. Owners are very nice and most people very friendly. A few of the regulars seem to be in a little bit of a battle. One night heard quite a bit of bantering back and forth with very poor language being used. Otherwise a nice place. The "beach" is extremely small, not really classified as a beach in my books. There is no good fishing unless in a boat. Property is quite small. Really nothing to do for the kids but if you enjoy just sitting around and relaxing this is the place for you ! I would still rate this site a three star. I honestly think I would try other places instead of going back but I did like the fact that everyone was asleep by 9pm and it was super quiet.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017

It is a great camping, really quiet. The sites are tiny, the owners wanted to maximize the space... Between 2 trailers there are less than 4 feet... Inside our trailer, we could hear what was said in the other one, even if they were quiet. The pool is small, almost a residential size. I can't imagine using it during hot days with many kids. The first step to enter the pool is really shallow, and when I say shallow, I mean at least to 2 feet. For me, it was difficult to exit the pool.

When we arrived, the owners told us they were happy to see us as we were their longest guests of the summer, 23 days. Except for the seasonnals of course. But during our stay, they did not bother to salute us, they only talked with the seasonnals.

At the middle of our 3rd week, my husband received a call that he was needed at his job so we had to leave earlier. My husband asked for a refund for 2 days and the answer was no. She told us as an example that a pregnant woman had to leave earlier because she had a problem with her pregnancy and they refused to refund her. Wow, that was not a good example.. This is NOT my definition of a family campground or a comprehensive attitude. Things happen in life...

For this reason, we will not go back to this campground even though we go to Prince Edward county every year.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Babushka_Qc
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We spent 2 nights at Smugglers Cove, the owners are very nice and make sure you have everything you need, The downside for us, while we where there, is the amount of dogs and barking all day long, don't get us wrong,we love animals but we go camping to have some peace as well, Perhaps they should be a restriciton to how many dogs per campers should be admitted,

We noticed that a lot of campers had more than one dog,
so do the calculation if 100 sites x 2 dogs= A lot of Barking

Deborah

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank deborahtaillefer
Reviewed 27 August 2017

When going to a private campground I find you ar taking your chances, despite your research. Well, Smuggler's Cove was a very pleasant experience. The owners, Ed and Donna are very personable and easily accessible if you have any questions or concerns. The pull through site was large and nicely shaded with mature trees. There was a small but quaint beach with a dock, an in ground pool, camp store, wood delivered to your site and and escort to your sit and by 11 it was very quiet. It is 15 minutes from Sandbanks PP, and close to many wineries, breweries, antique shops, galleries, cheese shops, historic sites and spots to appreciate nature. And quite reasonably priced. The only downfall is no wifi, but considering you are camping, this is a welcomed break. I will be back net year for sure.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed in the cottage for two nights. Newly renovated except for the bathroom. We soon discovered that there were mice. There were numerous mice turds on the open shelf above the sink and counter which held the dishes. Also they ran around and scratched in the attic all night above our bed. We had to make sure all the food was locked up as we could leave nothing on the counters. We approached the owners and requested mouse traps. They claimed they weren't aware of the mice.!!??? They gave us one trap and were suppose to get another but they never did. We did catch one mouse. At $400 for two nights, they offered no compensation except for “I'm sorry.” So if you don't mind mice running over your dishes, leaving turds, setting your own traps and having to secure all your food, it is a decent place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2017