“Always Excellent”

Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: portabella is a CASUAL restaurant in Picton. portabella offers everything from burgers to pickerel and pasta, portabella is not a fine dining restaurant but somewhere to get a good lunch or dinner at a reasonable price.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I always recommend this restaurant to visitors. You can count on great food and great service with good prices. We have eaten lunch and dinner here many times. Never disappointed.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The pecan chicken was moist and the dijon cream went well with the nutty flavours. The pickerel was also cooked well; not over-cooked.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and i have been coming to Picton for years. We used to eat at the Glen Bridge restaurant but it is long gone. I seemed to remember a second restaurant with the previous two owners so we thought Portabella was it. I wa right. Our light dinner was amazing. The service was wonderful and the ambiance perfect. I would recommend making a reservation if wanting to dine after 7pm as the restaurant was getting full around 6:30pm and I can see why.

1  Thank hazcat1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went here with my parents and my boyfriend last week whilst staying in Picton. We'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor and wanted to check it out. We booked but didn't need to that night because it was fairly quiet due it being just after the long weekend. The food was delicious. I had the portabello pasta and it was so good! My mum has the teriyaki which she also enjoyed. My dad had fish and my boyfriend chicken, so we really sampled the whole menu and we liked it all.

The service was also really good. The manager had a nice chat with us about the food and wine, and we never felt rushed, which was a comment I'd read in some other reviews. I would definitely recommend the restaurant but I would certainly advise you book in advance. The manager told us that it does get super busy in the high season and I'm guessing that walk-ins would rarely get a table.

Enjoy! :-)

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is not fine dining, but it is definitely good value for the money with friendly service and a good ambiance. The menu is limited, but what they serve is very good. If you are looking for a nice family restaurant, then this place certainly does the trick.