“The perfect end to a great day !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Portabella

Portabella
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Picton
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: portabella is a CASUAL restaurant in Picton. portabella offers everything from burgers to pickerel and pasta, portabella is not a fine dining restaurant but somewhere to get a good lunch or dinner at a reasonable price.
Toronto, Canada
“The perfect end to a great day !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a game of golf, where better to go than to Portabella. Another fantastic meal. We had the cranberry goat cheese salad and shrimp stir fry. Presentation was appealing and both were delicious. In most restaurants you have to look for the shrimp, but not at Portabella. Lots of shrimp and a light sauce with a touch of heat. The perfect combination of flavours. The service is great and the owners take time to visit your table and ensure you are enjoying your meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Janet N

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I always recommend this restaurant to visitors. You can count on great food and great service with good prices. We have eaten lunch and dinner here many times. Never disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
Markham, Canada
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The pecan chicken was moist and the dijon cream went well with the nutty flavours. The pickerel was also cooked well; not over-cooked.

• Visited June 2014
Oakville, Canada
“A great light dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and i have been coming to Picton for years. We used to eat at the Glen Bridge restaurant but it is long gone. I seemed to remember a second restaurant with the previous two owners so we thought Portabella was it. I wa right. Our light dinner was amazing. The service was wonderful and the ambiance perfect. I would recommend making a reservation if wanting to dine after 7pm as the restaurant was getting full around 6:30pm and I can see why.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank hazcat1
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Scrummy food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went here with my parents and my boyfriend last week whilst staying in Picton. We'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor and wanted to check it out. We booked but didn't need to that night because it was fairly quiet due it being just after the long weekend. The food was delicious. I had the portabello pasta and it was so good! My mum has the teriyaki which she also enjoyed. My dad had fish and my boyfriend chicken, so we really sampled the whole menu and we liked it all.

The service was also really good. The manager had a nice chat with us about the food and wine, and we never felt rushed, which was a comment I'd read in some other reviews. I would definitely recommend the restaurant but I would certainly advise you book in advance. The manager told us that it does get super busy in the high season and I'm guessing that walk-ins would rarely get a table.

Enjoy! :-)