“Brilliant Local Pub”

Ranked #1 of 3 Thurstonland B&B and Inns
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Local Pub”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is really what local pubs should be like. The beer is hand pulled and very well looked after. The food, homemade and very plentiful. I recommend the fish and chips and especially the steak pie...its to die for with great Suet pastry. We have been three times int he last few weeks and it has never let us down and the service always seems really good as well. Great value...give it a try!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Thank you for a lovely few days! Very friendly landlord Richard, excellent meals and lovely warm and cosy rooms, at a fantastic price would definately be returning and would most definately recommended a stay or even just a drink in the very friendly bar thank you and Happy New Year !

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way home after visiting my Son in Scotland. We arrived around 5 o'clock got booked in quickly and shown our room. At the time there was a Christmas party going on so was a bit noisy but the noise stopped around half seven as we were told they had been there since 2 o'clock. We had dinner there as it was a Sunday they stopped doing dinner at 6 o'clock so we got ready and went straight down for dinner. They had a set menu of one course for 9.95 two course for 12.95 and three for 15.95. We had 2 courses (I can never eat 3 course most of the time) I had starter and main and my husband had main and desert. I had prawn and smoked salmon to start and lamb for main. My husband had lamb and lemon meringue. All very nice, this plus a beer and bottle of wine came to £42.00 which we paid for in with our overnight charge. Breakfast the next morning was very good all freshly cooked to order bacon, sausage, egg etc. Very friendly landlord who directed my husband back to the motorway and told him an easier way back to London. Very good value for money would say again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I took my wife here for her birthday meal. I wasnt disappointed with the meals and service was very friendly. I would recommended the rose and crown to anyone for the meals. I had a burger which was gorgeous made with proper meat none of that processed rubbish. My wife and children had a turkey roast they all thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed December 2013
South Elmsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived early but was shown to our room! We were made very welcome. The landlady phoned for us a taxi to our trip we had planned.
When we got back we were again welcomed and asked all about our trip.
The rooms are very comfortable with shampoo, shower gel and tea and coffee making facilities.
The pub has loads of real ales on, which I like to see in pubs. It was a nice quiet friendly/family pub.
The food here is the best thing. We both had scampi and chips, the chips are beautiful. I had a full English the next morning which again was made to perfection, not a bit of grease on it, and the sausage and bacon was quality.

Great stay all in all.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Gazhelen
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Warm welcome, wonderful food, comfy bed... What more can you ask for. Would definitely recommend this place and would definitely stay again. The friendliest place I've ever stayed. I had fish and chips for dinner... Beautiful. Was disappointed that I didn't have time for pudding.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We only had an evernight stay at the Rose and Crown but wished we had booked in for longer. Our room was all we could have hoped for. It was clean, well equipped and comfortable. The landlord, Richard was welcoming, friendly and accomodating. My wife and I spent an enjoyable couple of hours in the bar chatting to other travellers and the locals who were particularly friendly.
Sadly we did not have our dog with us as we had been to the Rugby League match at Huddersield but dogs are allowed in the bar and in the rooms. A hearty breakfast was enjoyed and we resolved to visit this little gem again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thurstonland
Bagden Hall Hotel
Sunnybank Boutique Guesthouse
The Huntsman Inn
The Huntsman Inn
#4 of 12 in Holmfirth

Been to The Rose and Crown? Share your experiences!