Malahat Bungalows Motel
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
US$222
HIExpress.com
US$79
US$112
TripAdvisor
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
US$72
Travelocity
US$160
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscabinwifiduplexhighwayvictoriatv
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night as we were passing through.
The location is a lovely place, a little clearing in the woods with a lovely feel to the place.
They booked us in last minute which was very nice of them.
The couple are very nice and generous people, we were hungry and was trying to call for a pizza delivery but unfortunately they were closed, so the lady made us some toast and coffees, to keep us going till morning.

The room was basic but cosy, we had a double bed and a bathroom. The bed was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom looked new, and was clean and tidy.
Television worked excellently and the room was clean.

:-)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jasmine C
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My family and I recently took a trip to Vancouver Island and we are very happy we found this place. We stayed in an independent bungalow with two rooms, which felt like home with plenty of space. I found the place to be very tranquil and relaxing.

Upon arrival, the bungalow was already heated up and there were firewoods for us to use for the fireplace. It was cozy and wonderful altogether. I loved the place during the Winter time, so my family and I will definitely plan to come stay here again in Summer. Highly recommended for family holidays!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Love Love Love this place. Rustic cabin with old pine walls. Stone fireplace that works. The nice owner came and built a fire for us. There is nothing like a fireplace on a cold, rainy night in Canada. The fireplace is not the only source of heat. The owners were so thoughtful they turned the heat on before we got there. It was toasty warm when we arrived. We stayed in bungalow #7. I would stay there again. Heck, I wish I was there right now! The kitchen is cute and functional. The bathroom is clean with a powerful shower. The bedrooms are big enough and clean. Although the beds are hard. All the windows open in the cabin to let in the Canadian fresh air. Smells like fall with a nice fire going. They are charming old-fashioned windows that are pretty. Just a beautiful cabin. The place is right next to the Trans-Canadian Hwy. We did not hear the noise from our cabin. But please be careful on that road. It is so dangerous. We heard of several fatal accidents when we were there. If driving to Malahat going north do not pull left across the Hwy into the bungalows. You have to cross busy traffic at 60km/hr. Big Danger! Just drive a little more north and turn at the stop light to U-Turn back into the Malahat Bungalows driveway. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lilyroses
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It just feels like home. It is nothing like a high rise fancy 5 star hotel, but I felt so grounded staying there. Very peaceful and clean nice cabin like...especially with a fireplace. I highly recommend every viewer to check the place up. A family owned business treats you like family. They are very nice people who are willing to make you feel at home. The entire complex has been renovated or at least in the process of getting remodeled by the gentleman owner.

For the price, we couldn't complain for the lack of amenity facilities, but I wish they had a pool. The entrance was a bit confusing because there was a campground right next to the motel entrance. Especially, when you make a u turn, you would easily end up entering the camp ground. Overall, it was a nice stay for us.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that more than 6 people stay using their double beds and a sofa bed. There were an extra charge per person but it saved us money tremendously.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony J
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I dont think I have ever stayed in such a disgusting place, ever!!
Too start off, my friends and I were staying there and booked 3 rooms. They never bothered to have them close together. When my one friend and I checked in to our rooms, my room smelled of mold and my friends room, when she pulled down the blankets, there were mouse droppings on the pillow. We went and complained and we were then given a 2 bed suite with a fireplace that was supposedly remodeled. It was gross and freezing cold, even though the heater was on full blast. We tried multiple times to get the fireplace going, even going so far as to get the owner to try to start it, but it would not catch and would just fill the room with smoke. We are still washing our belongings to get that stench out!!! Finally gave up and requested a portable heater to heat our ice cold room with. The people are nice, but really need to update the place to at least a minimum standard!! Now, trying to sleep on those horrible beds was a whole other story. I was very quick to get up at 7am and leave so I could sleep in my own bed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lisa F
MBungalows, Manager at Malahat Bungalows Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your time and effort to write the review.
I am sorry that you couldn't enjoy your time at our motel as other guests have.

The rooms we have at our motel are not the typical side-by-side suites, but they are individual cabins in limited numbers; if we have other cabins occupied by other guests, we unfortunately cannot have 3 rooms door to door. We apologize we couldn't meet your level of expectations in terms of convenience, as December is usually quite busy for us.

We try our best to keep our cabins in their best shape and cleanliness.
I hope you understand that the cabins were not ready to have you stay, as you had switched cabins. We apologize we couldn't keep you warm as soon as possible, but as you said the portable heater helped so we are glad to know.

Thank you again for your time and effort to write the review, we appreciate your business.