“Not Good!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Like many other reviews on this site, the free water taxi boat ride was fun and the restaurant "looked" like it might be great. All serving staff appeared to be very young and perhaps not well trained. We were largely ignored. I ordered a strawberry dacquiri. It arrived without a sipping straw. I asked for a small straw (the kind that bars everywhere have!). Had to ask twice - she forgot. When I got my large dark brown straw, it was the type one would use in a milkshake. We cut it down (honest!). I ordered Pork Tenderloin. That was not a good choice. When my meal arrived (after 45 minutes), I could barely cut into it because it was so marbled and tough. The inside was pink. I have never eaten pink pork and I do not plan to start. We called our server and she said it was no problem to have it cooked well done "even though we are allowed to serve it pink in BC" she said. My meal returned back to me. Not a whole lot darker and just as tough. I complained and she said there would be no charge. I ate the 3 puny little potatoes and half raw vegetables and that ended up being my meal. They have the gall to charge $24 for that pathetic plate. She apologized and offered a free dessert which we said "ok" to and said we would share a cheesecake. It never did show up. When we finally got up to leave and pay so we could catch the next boat back, she met us at the till and offered to "put the cheesecake in a box for you". We said "no thanks" and we were very disappointed. The total cost was $69 and that was without me eating or being charged for the pork tenderloin. We had 3 drinks and 3 appetizers which were the smallest portions one could possibly serve without total embarassment. I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone. The scenery and setting there is beautiful and has tons of potential to be THE place to eat but not as it is now. I

Christine F, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

I am sincerely sorry your dining experience did not meet your expectations, or mine. I have discussed your review with my manager. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My friend and I decided to take the free water taxi over from Painter's Lodge to April Point this afternoon. We were stopping over for dessert and a drink, and April Point did not disappoint! Views are beautiful from the large deck and seating plentiful. Service was very friendly, attentive at just the right amount, and so, so much better than the service we received previously at the sister lodge Painter's, in the pub.
I believe one of our servers was Mia and another lady but unfortunately I don't remember her name!
We ordered creme brule and a chocolate torte with raspberry sauce - amazing flavors, fresh berries on top, just a perfect way to end our day. Oh and the mojitos are made with real ingredients, none of that nasty mint syrup stuff that some places use to cut corners. Drinks were a good size too. I will be back this summer for sure!

Thank you so much for your review. I’m so glad you enjoyed your time at April Point. Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Liked the water taxi ride from Painters Lodge. Beautiful location. Expected a good lunch and service but it was less than average. Was friday at lunch on a long weekend. (june 28)
Only 2 tables in the whole place. We asked waiter what kind of fish in the fish and chips. He didn't know (huh???) 2 people in our party had fish chowder. Very ordinary. The waiter was hanging around at the other table. Seems they were friends or family. Overall disappointed.
Won't come back. Have had a similar experience at Painters. I think we are done with these 2.

I am disappointed to hear about your experience at April Point. I assure you we strive for more than just average service and I promise to fix the issues you brought up.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

What a great location! The boat ride from Painter's Lodge was fun, and this is a lovely location set on the water with pretty grounds. Everyone working there was helpful and pleasant. Three of our four meals were terrific.... two seared tuna, fantastic; one spaghetti/meatballs, great; the pork loin tough,not good. All desserts good. Overall a great night.... saved by the dessert! We would go there again.

Thanks for your feedback. We’re so glad you enjoyed your meal. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We booked a time to eat and listen to jazz, and were unable to enjoy this because large tables were placed directly in front of the players - the late noisey arrivals did not have a reservation - so music was not in any way enjoyable.

I’m sorry your experience at April Point was not up to your standards, or ours. I have discussed your feedback with our dining room staff to ensure this doesn’t happen again.