“Breakfast great”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of April Point Resort

April Point Resort
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Breakfast great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Dinner is pricey and the menu is limited. The food is excellent. The breakfast is reasonably priced and well done. The service is slow but everywhere we ate had slow service

Visited August 2014
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at April Point. We are working extremely hard to ensure every dish we serve is of a very high quality, so I appreciate your comments. I do apologize for the service you received. I have talked to my staff and make sure that moving all of our guests our served in a timely manner. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch was a disappointment.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had read some bad food reviews, but 8 of us finally tried it for lunch one day - it was as poor as we had been warned. Not just me, but all 7 guys I was with had sub par meals (and we weren't expecting much). April Point is a super fun resort to be at if you are fishing, but it is surprising they don't take more care in making the food as enjoyable as the rest of the experience.

Visited August 2014
I’m disappointed to hear about your meal at April Point. I assure you that the quality of our food is a very high priority for me. We went as far as completely renovating our kitchen before the start of the season and coming out with a new menu to make sure the quality of our food continued to improve. I appreciate your feedback and will continue to keep an eye on the food being served in our restaurant to ensure it meets my high standards.

“I'll pass...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

On my trip I went there on 2 separate occasions. The first time we had sushi. The wait for it was lengthy and ended up with the wrong order. No offer to have it removed from the bill. The server told us we should have told him but he was no where in sight for long periods of time and we were hungry. Second time we went over we had lunch. A couple of us got burgers and my daughter got chicken tenders, pretty simple stuff. Both my burger and my husband's was dry and covered in charcoal layer. His bun literally just had mayo on it. The fries were hard and crunchy too. My burger was not what was described on the menu either. Daughter didn't even finish hers, which is a rarity with a teenager and she said the chicken tenders were too hard and dry to finish. Again we didn't say anything because it took so damn long that we just inhaled it. The prices were standard but I was disappointed overall in the fact that what a spectacular opportunity to do something fantastic in that location yet the food is less than what I'd expect for that place. You have people come through there from all over the world, you may want to up your game.

• Visited August 2014
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I’m sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant. I assure you that the service and quality of food you received during your visit is not the norm at our establishment. Our goal is to deliver a dining experience that equals the immense beauty that surrounds our restaurant. I’m sorry your meal did not live up to those standards and I hope you will give us another chance.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great location, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

There was a reasonable choice on the menu and the food was well prepared and presented. The service cheerful and prompt

Visited July 2014
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I’m so glad you enjoyed your meal in our Dining Room. The staff and I have worked incredibly hard this year to continue to improve both the food and service in the restaurant, so I appreciate your kind words. Come back soon!

Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We Took The free Ferry from Painters Lodge to April Point for lunch .I had Fish & Chips, the portions were so large that I ate the fish first & had very little room left for the delicious French fries. My Husband had the Club House & he said it was very tasty & so large that he had trouble finishing it. We would go there again.

• Visited June 2014
OakBayMarineGroup, General Manager at April Point Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I’m so happy you enjoyed your lunch at April Point. It’s one of my favourite spots to eat, both for the food and the amazing view. We’ve put a lot of work into the restaurant this year, including completely renovating our kitchen, so I’m glad everything was too your liking. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant and I look forward to your next visit.