Yes, the resort is under new ownership and is just getting going for the season. There is lot's of potential here, and as the owners have experience with other resort properties this one should quickly find its feet and settle in as well. The property is quite lovely and the accommodations are overall very nice, luxurious even, and well maintained all round. Our room on the top floor was spacious and well appointed, with a nice deck overlooking the marina and spa-waterfall.
There were just a few guests around during the couple of days we stayed, but it was also mid-week. The pub was the only option for dining at night but, with a limited menu, but the food was well prepared and very tasty. It can only improve with respect to menu variety and other dining options once they are staffed accordingly for the summer crowds. All indicators look good at this point, and you have to give the management the opportunity to show what they can do with this wonderful property.
All the staff we encountered (front desk, food services, spa, housekeeping) were exceptionally friendly and helpful. If this is an indication of how the place will be run then it bodes well for future guests. We would definitely like to stay here again.
There are very limited other dining options on Pender Island, but there are a few finds worth looking for. There's a great cafe next to the market store on Schooner Way, with good coffee and fresh baked goodies, dosas, sandwiches, etc. The Sushi Restaurant at the golf club near the ferry is also quite good (and is a local hangout).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Poets Cove Resort & Spa is the Gulf Islands' premier luxury resort. Tucked away in Bedwell Harbour on Pender Island, there is a luxurious combination of 22 Lodge Rooms, 9 Villas and 15 Cottages. We offer a full-service 110-slip deep-moorage marina and a Canadian point of entry customs office for CanPass users. Our stunning Aurora Restaurant and casual Syrens Lounge serves the best local fresh ingredients and our activities range from exciting kayaking adventures to rejuvenating spa treatments in our award winning 'Susurrus' Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Poets Cove Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poets Cove Resort And Spa
- Poets Cove Hotel Pender Island
- Poets Cove Pender Island