“World class”

Seascape Waterfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Quadra Island
“World class”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Resort operators Todd and Reagan sent us on a magic coastal tour full of crab fishing,hiking, absolute west coast beauty and old school hospitality at this world class resort, this will forever be our stop for coastal relaxation, unbelievable service, accommodation, comfort and hospitality! Thank you so much you two for such and incredible experience time and time again! This place is a mist see folks! You won't get a better deal! Unlike other sites, which we frequent, price does not match experience, this is a five star costal getaway for the price of a two star hotel! Thank you for appreciating our down time as much as us!

Love Emma and jess

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jessepayne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lytton, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Or as the manager Regan would say, "gorjeege". The whole resort has a laid back feel while being stunningly beautiful. The harbour is calm, reminding me more of a quiet lake but with seals and crabs galore. The resort is dotted with artistic wood carvings and the ocean view is spectacular. There are canoes and kayaks at your disposal for a tour of the harbour and barbeque spots for a corn roast or a crab bake. Our waterfront chalet was spotless, spacious and comfortable, with two balconies overlooking the ocean, I could have stayed another day just reading and relaxing. The managers, Regan and Todd were fantastic sources of knowledge on Quadra and it's surroundings, with hospitality to boot. Since taking over the position a couple years ago, they have transformed the resort from what a past reviewer thought was "absolutely horrible" to quite possibly the best part of my whole vacation.

Many thanks to Regan and Todd for a marvelous time!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aja B
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

thoroughly enjoyed the retreat on Quadra in these cute cabins.
They have all the amenities and the views are quite charming. Seemed to be a lot of Marine life buzzing around during our stay. What a treat !
Recommend this to nature lovers wanting to get away from the city like we did with our family.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kayaktravels
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was so concerned during the reservation process and miscommunications that happened, that when we finally got our reservation I had a bit of anxiety thinking that it might not be great (if the reservation process was any indication), and was prepared to just turn around and go home if it was unsatisfactory. I even questioned the authenticity of tripadvisor ratings that were given.

When we arrived, it was like a completely different world. Meeting the people that I miscommunicated with was like talking to different people all together. They were generous, laid back and accommodating - and we LOVED it at the Seascape!

My advice to anyone is just get out of the big city, service demanding mentality, and stop to enjoy the experience. In retrospect, for me, booking this room was not unlike trying to book accommodation on many of the small islands in the South Pacific that we have travelled. They are on Island Time, and have a great location, and are great people face-to-face, but are a bit customer service lacking until you are actually there. It took a huge effort to make it work, but it was worth the effort in every way!

If you are looking for the pseudo-rustic luxury fishing lodge type of place with highly polished log cabin walls and gourmet food, and someone there to cater to your every whim - stay away, this place is not for you. If you want to sit back and relax in a beautiful, quiet place with an amazing view, book it!

The grounds and building exteriors are very well kept and tidy. The interior of the rooms are not even 4-star, but the view is 5+-star. The rooms are clean and quaint. There isn't any granite countertops, and the floor in the sleeping loft is exposed, painted pressed board with the nail-heads showing. The furniture is clean and comfortable. I REALLY hate bugs, and although I saw a couple of cobwebs, I never saw any bugs.

I don't think you could have a room with a bad view they way the units are situated. (I think) each unit/building has a studio suite on the bottom level, and the middle floor is the living area for the second unit, with the loft being the bedroom...so units number 3 & 4 are actually on the front row (as well as 1 & 2). We were in unit 3, and it was amazing. In the sleeping loft each double bed is separated by the stair, so although it is an open space there is some privacy. There was also a single bed at the top of the stairs, so it could easily accommodate 5 people.

Tip - bring a blanket to wrap aroud you while you're sitting on the little deck reading your book, drinking a beer, catching the view in between paragraphs.

There is complimentary kayaks available, and although the place was full, I didn't see anyone not get our when they went down to grab one.

There is a nice little fire pit right near the waters edge near the dock with adriondac (sp?) chairs around it...bring marshmellows.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank northwestfun
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My girlfriend and I spent 3 days - 2 nights here on the second weekend of September. We were in one of the chalets right on the waterfront. The chalet had everything we needed and the views from the deck during sunrise and sunset were breathtaking. We went sea kayaking one day (first time) and had a blast with seals all around us playing. We will definately be going back here next year.

Room Tip: There doesn't seem to be a bad room at all. All have beautiful views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank danno5oh
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Seascape Waterfront Resort this past weekend. We had never heard of it before as we had previously stayed at the wonderful April Point Lodge so when a 50% off coupon came up on a deal site I jumped on it.

It's a rustic little place right on the water at Gowlland Cove. 11 little 2 storey cabins all attached together nestled into the side of the hill. We are a family of 4 with 2 small children so the cabin was the perfect size. They say it sleeps 6 but 4 is the max I would have stay in it. They also don't offer cribs or playpens for babies so we had to put a comforter blanket down in the bath tub for our baby to go to sleep. Worked out fine as it gave him his own little quiet room lol.

The loft upstairs is where people sleep. The stairs are very steep so if you are physically impaired it would be pretty difficult to manage. All the beds are in an open dorm-style loft so no privacy. There's a full small sized kitchen. Our oven when in use kept setting off the fire alarm even though we cooked at normal temps and times.

There is no daily housekeeping as they charge extra for this feature. I suggest bringing all your own toiletries as for our entire stay for 4 people they provided 1 sample size bottle of shampoo and no soap.

The wifi only works sporadically and only in certain parts of the cabin. My husband is mechanically inclined but we could not get the cable box to work properly so don't count on it.

As others have mentioned the cabins are a bit outdated (old school boob tube tv) and are in need of some TLC. Ours was full of cobwebs and dead bugs, and a number of the lightbulbs weren't working. But we managed just fine.

Other people mentioned great service but we didn't notice that. They got our booking incorrect; I went in a few times looking for staff but couldn't find anyone even after ringing the bell; No one ever showed us how to access the kayaks that are supposed to be free with our reservation; When I went to check us out at 11am I had to ring the bell a few times and a woman came out in her nightdress with wild bed head and had forgotten the things she was supposed to correct after we checked in. I never once saw the guy that supposedly works there too.

Definitely go to eat at the Heriot Bay Inn. We had wonderful meals there.

Gorgeous views from our balconies and from the docks. Wonderful wood carvings all around the resort grounds.

As I previously stated all the cabins are connected. So when people in the other cabins moved around and went you could hear it in our cabin.

I couldn't imagine paying full price!! But we didn't have a nice time and enjoyed our visit to the island.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank canadianjess
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2012

A fantastic peaceful space. Great for young couples due to meandering walkways and steep stairways. New management seems to want to revamp and revitalize an incredible oceanfront property with so much potential. Best value in the area!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
April Point Resort & Spa
April Point Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Quathiaski Cove

Been to Seascape Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!