“Cozy beachfront cottage”

Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We spent two nights in a beachfront cottage. The cottage had two bedrooms a fireplace, kitchen, jetted bath tub and a beautiful view. The wifi didn't work in our cottage and the cottage didn't have a TV which wasn't really a problem as we brought a dvd player to watch a movie at night. The location is just a 10 minute drive from the ferry . The staff were helpful and gave us a map of the island. Rebecca spit is a beautiful beach area at the other end of the island, a must see. We heard about Main lakes provincial park and wanted to go kayaking there. We couldn't find it and when we found a map with it , we realized it is way down at the other end of the island. These cottages are the perfect getaway ! The ferry cost $45 return for two of us and a car.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichelleGee8

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Booked an ocean front cabin. Excellent location, good clean accommodation, kitchenette was very functional lucked out on weather. Ocean access was great for our 3 year old. Beautiful views out the windows. We will return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BigRedCanoes
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We just got back from a weekend on Quadra Island. The beach front cottage was great. It was private and quite, had everything we needed to be self sustained. Even though it was raining sideways... we enjoyed the beach and the bountiful forests. Can't wait to come back during the summer months.

Room Tip: Stay in the beach side cottages.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Softshoe11
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just spent two nights in one of Tsa-Kwa-Luten Logde's oceanfront cottages. Even though the wind was blowing the rain sideways we loved our holiday. Watching the storm from our living room while we sat by the gas fireplace and relaxed. Beautiful location, incredible beach and property. The cottage was cozy and clean and the staff were friendly. I only have one small complaint and that is the size of the bed in the main bedroom...it was a little small. Overall great a great place and I will definitely book there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan V
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Note: I stayed in the cabins rather than the lodge and this was the absolute off-season (over Christmas) so the lodge and associated services, as well as almost everything else on the Island were not even open. I planned for this so was not impacted.

This is a great location to get away from it all. The four cabins are right on the beach and very quiet. The cabins are cute, clean, and have everything you need to make your own meals and be completely self sufficient. I stayed for 8 days over the Christmas holiday and couldn't recommend it more. I did make all my own meals and mostly hung around the cabin, went for walks or drove up to the north of the island on some of the logging roads for views of the water. Most of the time I was the only person on the property save for the single lodge keeper whom I could have contacted should I have needed anything. The kitchen is small but had a two burner stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, toaster oven and a coffee maker. The beds were comfortable and the place was very clean. I loved having patio doors that opened up almost onto the beach and a bedroom window that, if I moved the bed a bit, allowed me sleep looking out at the stars and the beach. I had my own family of bald eagles who practically lived in the tree right behind my cabin so I got to watch them interact all day as well as watching the seals fish off the beach and the deer on the lawn in the morning. The fireplace made it easy to add some heat in the chilly evenings after spending the afternoon sitting in the sun on the porch. There's a short walk to a lighthouse or a longer walk to a nearby small settlement and a whole lot of beach walking to be had.

As quiet get-aways go this was perfect and I'd go back in a heart beat. If you go in the off season I can't stress enough that the whole island is pretty dead so, although there is a grocery store, don't plan on lots of places to eat or hang out. I did none of that on this trip. Also, I was planning to do some of the hikes in the north part of the Island. After talking to the locals (at the one coffee shop and the Heriot Bay Inn gift shop) they recommended STRONGLY against heading to the north part of the island to hike alone. Apparently there's an active wolf pack that's coming farther south each year as well as multiple cougar sightings even in and around town. I did drive up north but stayed really near the car. It didn't take long to really be out where there aren't a lot of people and some roads that got squirrelly fast (especially in the winter). I'm just saying that you should know what you're getting into and don't just waltz up there thinking you're in a city park. There was no cell service once I got about a mile north of town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Highflung
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A 10 minute ferry ride and a ten minute drive brings you to this beautiful log building. The lobby is three stories high with huge windows and ocean views. You can spend your time here without having to drive any where. A good on site restaurant. Many nature trails on the grounds and a walk to Cape Mudge lighthouse. My only negative is the fee for wi fi in rooms. It is free in the lobby. A good thing is no TV or phones in the room.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TomConstable
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We recently were married at the Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge on Quadra Island and could not have had a better experience! Carol Pierce, the General Manager, WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND her job expectations and hospitality during our full wedding planning experience after the previous GM stepped down from her position a few months into our planning. Carol was by far the highlight of our entire experience, but she had an exceptional venue to add to the overall weekend. We stayed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night both on the RV grounds and the Lodge. Fog kept many guests from making their reservations on time, however the staff was very understanding and patient while guests arrived late at night. The accommodations were very nice for all of our wedding guests. The Grand Hall was set up beautifully by their staff in between the outdoors ceremony and reception. Food was also DELICIOUS provided by the kitchen staff of the Tsa-Kwa-Luten. They were great hosts and we would HIGHLY recommend this location for any overnight stay, and especially wedding receptions. Thank you Tsa-Kwa-Luten for making our wedding weekend the best experience possible!

Room Tip: The 'Guest House' located on the RV Park had an UNBELIEVABLE view and location for a nice we...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Quathiaski Cove
Painter's Lodge
Painter's Lodge
#3 of 16 in Campbell River

Been to Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge? Share your experiences!