“Wonderful spot!”
Review of Heron House

Heron House
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I took a chance to get away to Quadra Island for 2 nights and were lucky to secure the cottage at Heron House. I have not felt that relaxed in ages - better than hours of massage! This place is beautifully situated with spectacular views and conveniently located near a grocery store and the Cortes Island ferry terminal. You can sit on the deck for hours admiring the ever-changing scene of mountains and ocean.

This place is for those people who like cozy, comfortable, funky places. Linda is lovely and gives her guests total privacy. As other reviewers have said, if you are looking for a straight-up, regular place then go elsewhere!

I will definitely return to Heron House for a longer visit as Quadra Island has much to offer. If you are looking for a place to completely relax and enjoy all that the BC coast has to offer, then this is the place for you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaanki

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We didn't plan this trip. We decided on a Saturday afternoon in early May, to go to Quadra Island, a family of 4 (all adults), with no idea of where we would stay. We were on the ferry when we got Linda on the phone, and knowing we were stuck, she offered us 2 lofts that she had available. My first thought was, oh well, it's better than nothing. After being there 5 minutes I realized we'd scored! The sprawling house is amazing. The waterfront and view is absolutely incredible. We ended up staying 3 nights. Linda is incredibly friendly and helpful and makes you feel right at home. We enjoyed oysters and clams from the beach and fresh sole that my son caught while out in one of Linda's kayaks. We shared music and food with other people staying there but also enjoyed nice time with just our family. I couldn't recommend this place more highly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I arrived in late afternoon of a rainy day and were greeted by a warm and generous hostess who placed us in a comfortable room which had a spectacular view and access to a living room which also looked out onto the water. Our stay at Heron House was made memorable by the remarkably interesting conversations we had with our hostess and with other guests who arrived while we were there. A totally enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We spent 3 nights at Heron Guest House my boyfriend and I last week end and it was awesome!!! The view is amazing, Linda is the kindest person and we felt really welcomed. I could not have wished for more than what Heron House offers! Quiet, peaceful, beautiful, relaxing. There was a shower outside under the tree and a bathtub outside. It was so awesome! I would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claude_792
Reviewed 27 March 2014

As I walked under an archway made of driftwood with shells and real fisherman's netting hanging off I knew this was going to be a unique experience. Heron house is a cool and funky retreat right on the ocean on Quadra Island. There's a main house and a number of guests houses on the property. My room was in the main house upstairs in the corner with a private bath and deck right above the water. In the morning, before I even got out of bed I could see dolphins swimming by in the bay - amazing. Linda Inrig, the proprietress, is a charming and interesting woman who does tours in Africa during the winters months. I was there for 3 days and two nights and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Peaceful and authentic it was just what I needed to recharge my batteries.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked the Boathouse for our stay but after checking it out and seeing the blustery September weather forecast we upgraded to the cottage. The Cottage was perfect for us and had lots of character. The place has great character and the owner was friendly and accomodating.Great value and a comfortable stay. It is exactly what we hoped for and had a great weekend storm watching and hiking in the rains.

Room Tip: Much of the accomodation on this property would be classified as "fancy camping". The main...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren S
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I went over to Quadra for a get away weekend this labour day. Knowing that Quadra is a very relaxed and laid back community, we expected to find a very earthy and simple place. What we found was extremely interesting and genuine. This cute little property is very organic with all of it's homemade type accessories, simplicities in technology ( but necessities for cooking etc) The décor of the place was one that reflected the life style of remote west coast islands, lots of sea items, pottery, rocks, shells, drift wood and the need to feel able to simply relax from all of the haywire paths that life throws at us on a daily high tech basis.

We brought our boat, we fished, prawned, came home and cooked up our homegrown seafood feasts, sat back with a glass or 4 of wine and relaxed immensely.

This is not a place for those who are looking to be pampered with fine china and pristine accommodation, but rather one to leave that all behind and realize what it is like to simply be quiet and slow down in a time that doesn't over load you with stimulation.

Thank you so much Linda for your accommodation and for always being very frank about defining "rustic or funky" before we arrived. Some of the units were not exactly what we would have enjoyed, but there is much for all to enjoy by different levels of the simple but good life here. Your property was absolutely unique and truly a relaxing get away for us!

Room Tip: Be aware that some units are so natural that there are out houses and patio showers, on the other ha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple