“All around excellent!”

Herons Restaurant @ Heriot Bay Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Servers were super friendly! Menu was excellent with many vegetarian friendly options! Service was fast and food was well presented. The location couldn't be better - right on the marina! Was highly impressed and hope to return!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We enjoyed lunch on their terrace outside on a warm sunny day. Nice view on the harbour and some bald eagles flying by. Service is quick. We had the bruschetta and the hummus. Both were of very good quality and very tasteful. I would absolutely recommend this place!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Being from Vancouver Island my wife and I decided to tour Quadra Island, and before we left checked things to do and places to eat. All hand made food, fresh local no gmo's etc. I'm in as I have allergies and they advertised this on their web. I could enjoy a salad, every choice was sorry that has msg, or sorry that has packaged spices and full of chemicals our very nice waitress brings word back from the kitchen. Disappointing for sure. What I did get was salad, my wife got the nacho's that were fresh made every morning, well I could have gotten that from Red Robin's. The tall hostess was a bit of a snoot also. Being a person with allergies to additives they sure didn't deliver from the menu. Our waitress was great though and tried very hard to find me something to have, and personally I think the kitchens hands were tied with bad ordering by someone else as the chef new exactly what to look out for and gave great advise on what to avoid, which was pretty much everything except the salad.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We spend part of every summer on Quadra Island, and we love going to Herons for breakfast. The smoked salmon here is out of this world. They serve it as salmon Benedict as well as putting it on bagels with cream cheese, red onions and capers; either way, it's a must-try. Service is very friendly, and the setting is beautiful, but it's the food that brings us back!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The inn has a relaxing old world feel to it, and its location is marvellous. We arrived for lunch and were warmly greeted by a smiling waitress. The menu was fairly limited, with very little selection of wines by the glass. I had a pulled pork with salad on toasted foccaccio, and the meat was very tasty and highly spiced. My partner's nachos were disappointing, with very little in the way of sauce. Two of the group enjoyed the vegetable curry soup.