“Our Saviour!”
Review of Blue Vista Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mayne Island
Blue Vista Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mayne Island
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Our Saviour!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This place saved us! After our first night on the island being a horrible one we found this to be amazing! You truly saved our girls weekend and we will be back for more! The owner was personable and approachable. The set up of the cabins gives you that home away from home feel. Cabins are nicely kept, full of all the supplies you would need, pots/pans, cutlery, towels etc. Cozy fireplace, all rooms airy (we came end of summer). Loved staying here and looking forward to coming back next time!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank EW_1315

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2012

After a mishap at where we were booked to stay we contacted the owner of the Blue Vista (way too early in the morning) and she arranged to meet us at the cottages to check us in. She was so gracious and understanding of our situation.
The cottages are a little home away from home in regards to everything you would want and yet it really is set up to make you feel like you've escaped.
Our experience was so wonderful we have decided to make this an annual adventure!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jenn M
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Carmen, ( the operator ) set me up in a clean ,cozy cabin with a fireplace to take away any cool dampness from the out side elements. I had picked up a few groceries locally and I had everything I needed. Pots and pans cutlery ,nice bedroom. Such a super hostess and always busy making sure everything is spic and span. So peaceful , i made my supper and sat back and played my guitar for awhile and slept so well.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Reg F
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I came to Mayne looking for a quiet, out-of-the-way, deep-in-the-winter retreat and this is exactly what I found. The cabin was cozy, with a lovely wood fireplace to ward off the winter storm. I don't know about nearby amenities because I wasn't looking for them; I came primarily to be left to my own for a few days and that's what I got.

My chief quibble - and I've said this about other places I've visited - is that exaggerated claims make me annoyed. Blue Vista's website makes a couple of claims: one, that they have WiFi and two, that some of the cabins have "ocean views." The WiFi signal is weak - so weak that my iPad regularly dropped out. Either add another router or don't claim that you have WiFi. Do people go to cabins based on the ability to connect to the Internet? I think it's a nice extra to have, but I wouldn't base my decision about whether to visit a facility on whether it had WiFi. As for the "ocean views" claim, it's on the website's price list and is a bit of a stretch. You can see the water from some of the cabins, viewed across the road and through a stand of pines. My point is, the cabins are good value, well appointed, in a lovely location on a nice, quiet island. I think it makes more sense for facilities to celebrate those clearly positive benefits rather than pretending you're something you're not.

I don't want to be all negative-Nancy, however. This is a great place and I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Fernwoodian
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Highly recommended: my husband and I stayed in this resort on New Year's Eve and had a wonderful time in our bright, warm, cozy and spotless little cabin. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, which was a definite plus as we both have back problems. The cabin was equipped with everything that we needed to make our stay enjoyable and there was a generous supply of tea bags and coffee at our disposal. Finally, we found the owner very helpful and friendly and she gave us all the information that we needed to make our stay pleasant and stress free. Before we left, on the morning of January 1st, we went for a long walk on quiet roads close to the resort.

Room Tip: The Blue Heron cabin is perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shalwego
Wasa, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We just returned from a pleasant adventure to Mayne Island, BC at the Blue Vista Resort-definitely five star! Nine charming cabins, fully equipped and clean. Our cabin was roomy, comfy kingsize bed, big fridge, lots of mirrors and lights, big bathroom, wood stove ready to light, electric heat, tastefully furnished. The front yard has a playground with picnic tables, each with a barbecue. Family oriented! The hosts were gracious, generous and friendly. We enjoyed touring around the island to the old lighthouse, beautiful Japanese garden and the quaint shops and eating spots. The hostess met us at the ferry terminal and returned us to the ferry at the conclusion of our visit. We came home feeling happy and relaxed and would definitely like to repeat this unique experience!! Rea and Dale from Wasa, BC

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Readale50
Britisch columbia
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We-my Husband and I- went in late Sept./Oct. to Mayne Island to stay in the "Blue Vista Resort" and that is no the 3. time we been there. We enjoy ourself tramendesly,because it is so need there. It is quiet and relaxing. We stayed this time in the Cabin "Sean Lion".it was very frindly, cozy and very clean. We enjoyed our long walks or strolling around on the Beach. We even tried a little fishing,unfortunately,we had to grill the Steaks on the B.B.Q,which is also suppleyd right by the Cabin.We also like the little Stores,the Restaurant right on the Ozean and more so,we like to chad with Carmen,the Owner,who is always very helpful in any Way.
We are thinking of going back for a long weekend,as soon Spring has sprang ! E+ M

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank huntingboots
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayne Island
Hastings House Country House Hotel
Hastings House Country House Hot...
#1 of 3 in Salt Spring Island
#1 of 1 in Pender Island
Wisteria Guest House
Wisteria Guest House
#7 of 44 in Salt Spring Island

Been to Blue Vista Resort? Share your experiences!