Langara Fishing Lodge
All reviewssea lionssalmonfirst classfishing lodgepastry chefpast three yearscoho cafein excellent conditioneasy accessmother naturestaff are greatexcellent tripqueen charlotte islandshelicopter ridenon stop actionmake you feel at homean amazing place
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I would like to say thank you to all of you for the most wonderful time we had here at Langara Fishing Lodge. The lodge itself is fantastic, the food wonderful and the fishing so much fun, especially with snacks and beverages being served to us out on the water. Nice touch. The helicopter rides…..well, lets just say I was able to cross something off my bucket list and that's always a good thing. I also have to mention how impressed we were with how our fish were handled and packaged for us. It was beautifully done.

This truly was a trip of a lifetime and I wanted you to know it was all of you, everyone who works here, who make it so. It's you who make this such a special place with your warm smiles and helping hands. I do hope you know it does not go unnoticed.

So once again, THANK YOU for a forever memory. We smile every time we think of this lovely place.

Bob and Susanne

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sus4255
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a great place. The fishing is the best. The service from the friendly staff is out of this world. The organization from the time you get to the south terminal airport to the island and even your stay there is the best. The accommodations are rustic but clean and comfortable. The pastry chef is so personable and the pastries are fabulous . The service in the restaurant is superb . If you ever get the chance go to langara. They have a pig roast on Mondays really well done with salads and wine and coronas on the tables. The pig was so good. We fished everyday at the end they package the fish all up for you or you can send it to st. Jeans for smoking or canning or lox. It's a easy trip to take as they help you with everything. Loved it.

Room Tip: Room number 12 it's at the end up top and has the juccuzie off it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Hubby and I have now been to Langara Fishing Lodge twice, once last August and we just returned from our second trip. The lodge is tucked away on Langara Island, a short helicopter ride from Masset...charter flights to Masset are 2 hrs from vancouver and are arranged by the lodge from Vancouver airport. You can expect to be on the water after lunch on your first day. The staff and guides are fantastic...everyone is helpful and friendly. And the fishing can't be beat, no matter if you are a novice or an experienced fisherman. Both years, I have competed in the Lady Angler's tournament and last year I even won it...this year many of the same women were back and lots of fun was had. Wonderful meals and complimentary wine at dinner make it even more memorable.

In addition to the fishing, you are bound to see humpback whales, bald eagles galore, the resident river otters under the dock and maybe an orca or sea otter. Apart from the chinook and cohoe salmon, there is ample halibut, ling cod, and rock fish. The lodge promotes catch and release but there is no pressure if you want to keep your fish. They fillet and quarter the fish and vacuum pack it right on the premises. A local cannery is also available for specialty treatment like smoking, canning or indian candy. We have already booked for next year...this has become a new tradition for us! Be sure to inquire about the best time for you to travel as there are special events and tournaments all summer long.

Room Tip: The main lodge seems to have nicer rooms. You may not want a room above the bar!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank superbug_stopper
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I can't say enough good things about my visits to Langara Fishing Lodge. Everything is simply outstanding. The food - first class. I am so impressed with all the staff, they really know how to make the guests feel welcome and special. The fishing is excellent, the area breathtakingly beautiful. My husband goes for the fishing, and although I do enjoy fishing, being being able to observe sea life such as Orca and Humpback whales, sea lions and eagles or just the pristine beauty of the area is something that is really medicine for the soul. We brought our (24 year old) daughter along last year. She said it was the best family vacation ever, and can't wait to return! A visit to Langara Fishing Lodge is an amazing experience if you love to fish, or just love to experience nature at it's best.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MARLENEMARIA
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Very enjoyable. After a absense of 4 years we found this years fishing to be more like we enjoyed in 1988.
Suzzanne as usual was her effcient self and just a great organizer. She is a delight to be with. We also enjoyed seeing John and Ric They do run a very well done trip experience for all. We missed seeing Bill as I think he heard we were coming so he booked a trip out!!
Thanks again for a very memorable trip. See you next year.
Ron Mattison sr. and jr