“Roadmaster Returns for more!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
The Lodge at Englefield Bay (Westcoast Resorts)
Seattle
“Roadmaster Returns for more!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

HI its Roadmaster! Noting Like going Back Home to Englefield Bay! Cam ONE EYE My

Guide rocks! The Staff are Rock stars! fishing is EPIC all the time!! J Jones Rocks the House!

Greg slapshots Ceasars are the Best top shelf!!!!! Jacked to go Back Home! No one does it

Better then Englefield Bay see you at the airport or on the water soon! my best! dont forget your
massage!

Room Tip: room 21 0r 23 its quiet and best of all you can be apart of the action and relax outside on the dec...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I recently stayed at this lodge and I hope I can make it back someday. The floating lodge is all by itself in Englefield Bay with no human development in sight. You travel out in the morning for 4 hours of fishing, then take lunch, then fish an additional 4 hours in the afternoon. You have the option of having lunch delivered to your boat so you can stay out. If you are adventurous, you can take the boat back out again after your afternoon session (without the guide). My fishing partner was not that adventurous.

The weather and fishing was phenomenal. Each day but one was sunny and pleasant with calm seas (although the guides says the great weather was very unusual). I limited out on Springs and Halibut and was one short of my limit on Yellow Eye and Coho. One guy at the lodge caught a 62 lb Spring and several caught Halibut over 150 lbs. I rotated guides throughout the trip which was nice to get different tips from each of them. I was a rookie fishing for Springs and they can be challenging to bring in, but on the last fishing excursion I was bringing so many Springs to the boat I was having to release them.

The lodge is a little minimalistic, but I did not mind. The food is top quality with an option between a couple of dishes every night and a buffet at lunch. It was the best food I had during my week and a half trip to Canada.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank C0mp0ster
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

What an experience! My wife decided to surprise me for my 40th and book us this trip.

You are catered too the whole time. A short trip from Vancouver via 737 then Helijet. Once you arrive at the lodge you are treated like a king. The staff were really wanted to make your whole trip something to remember. The food was amazing, from Halibut to rack of Lamb and a steak that just melted in your mouth it was tough to choose which to eat. Even this late in the year the fishing was great my wife and I both caught an 89lb Halibut and maxed out on the Salmon, we caught 5 decent sized (7-12lbs) Coho on the last day in an hour and 1/2! tehy fillet and freeze your catch right away when you get back to the dock, talk about full service!! We brought home 241lbs of fish meat!!!

If you're looking for a trip you'll remember this is it!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Doug B
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have been to Engelfield Bay twice, going again in two weeks. The Greatest Fishing Trip you could ever go on. Five Star Resort and Fishing Trip, Staff will take care of all your needs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Terry L
Williams Lake , BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

June 2011 fishing was the best Ive seen. I limited out on Chinooks by the morning of the second day, the rest of the week was all catch and release. I probably released 30 springs in two days, but was having so much fun I lost count. I have been coming to WCR for several years now, never dissapointed. Its a great experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Thanks to Shawna Mckay I had a five day trip to Englefield Bay. The fishing was tremendous and the guide was absolutely awesome. The meals and hospitalily of the crew and staff could not have been better. A truely great experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank john b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
Bridgeport
Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport
City Centre
Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort
Hilton Vancouver Airport
#4 of 23 in Richmond

Been to The Lodge at Englefield Bay (Westcoast Resorts)? Share your experiences!