“Everything was first rate!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
Queen Charlotte Safaris
Kamloops, Canada
“Everything was first rate!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I feel I must write a review after my second trip to QCL, just in case last year's experience was an anomoly. However, after visiting again this year I am pleased to report another great experience. These folks have invested in a very thoughtfull process to enhance your experience in every way. This includes great fishing tackle, great boats and premium service on and off the water. We went unguided but still received amazing on the water support for bait restocking, equipment malfunctions etc. The only complaint - is some of the rooms are separated by log walls that have zero sound insulation. On my first trip my buddies were next door so it did not matter. On the last trip were some younger party types who annoyed us. If the partition walls were sound proofed to any degree, it would not have been an issue.

Room Tip: Don't choose of the rooms with a log wall partition. You will hear every word spoken in the next...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
GA
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is a great adventure for a group of guys (a few gals were there). The fishing is great, the guides are great, food was great and the hospitality was fantastic. This is a dream trip for a dad and their boys. Rooms are basic, with a queen and a full or three full beds. You'll only be there to sleep, so no biggie. This is a first class operation. I cannot say enough about this place!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Spokane
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Valerie is a great hostess and Joe is a fantastic cook. Our meals there were absolutely wonderful. the staff and skippers are true wizards when it comes to knowing where to fish for the big ones and what lures to use.
My brother and I went there to celebrate our birthdays ( his 70th my 60th). We came home with about 80 pounds of salmon each plus many many pounds of bottom fish (halibut, cod).
My brother and I are planning a return trip as soon as we can.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank tjacob8516
Niagara
Reviewed 3 October 2006

Queen Charlotte Safaris is one of the few charter boat fishing lodges that caters to the wife that wants to travel with her husband but doesn't want to spend the whole day in a boat reeling in huge salmon.
Valerie, the owner , got me a low rate for a rental car and gave me 2 ferry passes so that I could tour the Queen Charlotte Islands and look at Haida totem poles and beautiful rain forrest scenery with ocean views.
We took home 80 lbs. of salmon etc.
This is a brand new lodge, located across the road from the marina in the town of Sandspit.
Food was excellent.
Most of the guests were repeat visitors.
We hope to return.
Donna

• Liked — friendly, excellent fishing, good food
  • Disliked — very new,extras will be added next year
  • Tips/Secrets — book early
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank DPree

Been to Queen Charlotte Safaris? Share your experiences!