“Can't find the words...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
The West Coast Fishing Club - The Clubhouse
Surrey, Canada
“Can't find the words...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The most amazing vacation I have had in any country at any time. After my wife successfully battled ovarian cancer earlier this year, we celebrated with a return trip to Langara Island, our favourite place in the world. We caught dozens of fish, wined and dined and slept like the dead in a luxurious room with cotton sheets and duvet. The staff outnumber guests and anticipate your every wish. The boats are all Boston Whalers, safe and reliable. Haida Gwaii is the very best outdoor experience that Canada has to offer. The Clubhouse (and its sister lodge, the Outpost) offer the ultimate marine wilderness experience, but with all the comforts of a five star boutique hotel. We met people from all over North America, many of whom make annual pilgimages here. Lots of familes and friends making lifelong memories. There is not a more unique experience to be had. Thanks to Terry Cowan and the Clubhouse staff for everything.

Room Tip: Opt for the second floor to avoid the creaking footsteps of early rising anglers. Ocean view rooms a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

If amazing food, first class service, and world class fishing is not for you, then you should probably look elsewhere. The west coast fishing club has a spectacular reputation for a reason and it is more than well deserved. I was fortunate enough to spend 4 days with my father up at the clubhouse in June. This is the place where memory's are made. Upon arriving to the lodge you descend on what is one of the most undisturbed, serene locations you can find and are immediately greeted by the staff's smiling faces. The level of service is unmatched, you truly feel welcomed into "their home". Never is a glass empty, or does a request go unanswered. Out on the water, our guide (Ian) took two inexperienced salmon fisherman and made us "experts" by the end of the trip. If your considering a trip out to Langara Island, look no further...this is your spot.

1 Thank felixdahousecat101
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had the good fortune of spending four days with the staff of the West Coast Fishing Club. I was blown away by the service and experience at all levels. The lodge is incredible, the staff is a ten out of ten, the guides are the finest in the market, and the fishing is the best on the globe. I caught a 38 pound tyee and will never forget the experience of bringing that fish in with my guide Mike. I have traveled the world and been very fortunate in my life, the time at WCF ranks in my top five and my bucketlist is that much closer to being complete. If you want to experience mother nature at its finest I highly recommend WCF, from the moment the helicopter lands you will never forget your days ahead. Matthew

Room Tip: Bring lots of layers it can be 28 degrees of very very cold on the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

What an incredible facility! My buddy and I went for a 4 day fishing trip. We have not a thing negative to say. The service, the food, the accommodations, everything was amazing. The staff went above and beyond to be sure we were happy and content in every situation! Our fishing guide Matt, was fabulous. Thank you to everyone there for such a great trip! We enjoyed every moment of it and would recommend you to anyone!!! Way to go!

Norwalk CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to fish with the West Coast fishing club at the end of last season. I was part of a six man small group who attended their last week in September before they closed. The only words to describe the experience are "first class".

The staff are amazing and very attentive to your every need and want. I never had an empty glass and staff knew what I wanted to drink before I asked.

The food was absolutely amazing every meal was an experience. My personal favorite was the boat which brings you food out while you are fishing.

The fishing was some of the best I have ever done in my life. Overall one of the most memorable trips I have ever had in my life.

Stayed September 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The guides are first class and very good at finding fish while keeping you comfortable on the water. You determine how you want to fish, rough or smooth. The food is as good as any restaurant in Vancouver and the view is better by far, the staff make sure any need is looked after and don't be afraid to ask them about anything you require.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and everyone is tired from great fishing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a first class operation right from their chef to their guides. The equipment that the guides have to use is top notch.the guides that we had were knowledgeable and knew how to fish! The food that we received was world class We never went without anything as far as food goes. The staff was very helpful and made us very comfortable

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
Northern Shores Lodge
Northern Shores Lodge
#4 of 4 in Sandspit
The Lodge at Hippa Island (Westcoast Resorts)
The Lodge at Hippa Island (Westc...
#8 of 23 in Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands)
Hiellen Longhouse Village
#2 of 16 in Campbell River
Fraser River Lodge
Fraser River Lodge
#1 of 2 in Agassiz

Been to The West Coast Fishing Club - The Clubhouse? Share your experiences!