All reviewsfresh apple juicefarthing cornerfull englishcooked breakfasttrimmingsensuitewedding
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Arrived from New Zealand to visit my daughter who is staying locally, to be met by Liz in the beautiful garden. Spent a wonderfully comfortable night in ensuited bedroom upstairs, (huge bed!) with lovely views of the garden and pond. Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed watching the hens roam the gardens outside while discussing the visit of the local deer in the evening. I also recommend the freshly made apple juice to start the day! Local pub is welcoming and cosy, we enjoyed our stroll around West Tytherley village. Thanks Liz for such a pleasant break, relaxing,luxurious and thoroughly enjoyable!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank antip0dean1
Reviewed 3 October 2011

From the moment we arrived at Farthing Corner we were treated as special guests. Hostess Liz could not have been more welcoming. The cottage is so picturesque is looks as though it stepped right out of the pages of a fairy tale. The inside is just as beautiful with lovely antiques and fresh flowers from the garden. Our bedroom was quite large and very comfortable. We were invited to explore the beautiful grounds and I spent a happy morning enjoying the gardens and wildlife and watching the antics of the resident hens and rooster! Breakfast included fresh eggs, homemade apple juice, jams and breads, homegrown vegetables - all delicious. Liz was happy to share her extensive knowledge of the area with us (even lent us her atlas for the day). We took her advice and had dinner at the local pub and we were not disappointed. I only wish we could have stayed a few more days and will plan on doing just that if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

After a long drive down beautiful country roads we arrived at The Farthing Corner and stepped into a fairy tale. The owner Liz made us feel welcomed and tended to our every need even making me a fresh mint tea that fixed my queasy stomach in two sips. The bedrooms are well appointed and as the house, beautifully decorated. Comfortable beds with crisp linens and ample bathroom with great showers and deep tubs. The grounds are magnificent and the apple tree bursting with deliciously sweet apples makes you feel like quitting the city for good and becoming a farmer. The hearty full English breakfast with homemade apple juice and sausages was perfectly served and reminds you of how much better home cooking really is. The B&B is only a few minutes drive from Salisbury and its magnificent Cathedral home to the best preserved copy of the Magna Carta and also close to Stonehenge, so if you are planning to visit either of those places do yourself a favor: stay at the Farthing Corner and you will thank me.

Room Tip: Don't miss the fresh apple juice!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My brother and I visited this property in August. The property is very well maintained by the owner, Liz. She is a remarkable host who is also chair of the local village committee and strong supporter of the local pub next door. I also recommend her fresh apple juice!

Beds
Very comfortable, much better than what I have slept on at 5 star hotels.

Breakfast
Breakfast is amazing, serving locally sourced produce. I enjoyed her scrambled eggs very much, not too dry.

Overall
I would recommend this property to any visitor wishing to explore the countryside.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank iwishiwasonvacation
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Truly Farthing Corner is a special place. Liz is the perfect host, the place is absolutely lovely, breakfast is very enjoyable (Liz makes the jams and juices herself with stuff from her garden), and the house is a stunning example of english cottage, incredibly confortable and memorable. We spend there the best three days of our 2 weeks of travelling south England. The quality of Liz's accomodation is simply overwhelming. Even the nearby pub is perfect! No doubt our first and only choice in the region.

Room Tip: Simply ask for a room... no tricks, no tips here... There's one bigger and with a double bed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple