Scotland Lodge Farm
US$112
  • Breakfast included
US$55
Travelodge
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$133
US$127
Priceline
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$154
US$92
PremierInn.com
US$119
US$165
King's Head Inn(Salisbury)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great stopover on way from London to Devon/Cornwall as well as good for exploring the area. We've stayed many times and always pop into Stonehenge. Downstairs rooms are great for a family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

As already stated in the title, I do not have anything negative to write about this B&B.
This is as good as it gets. Ideal location if you visite Stonehenge.
Next time I'll travel to the Bristol area I might as well have an overnight stay here again.
I was also very charmed with the lady's cutlery and china. All the way to my being:-)
Highly recomendable.

The only remark that I can come up with is that in the attic they have a boiler wich generated a 'dripping' sound during the night. I am a good sleeper, so no problems here, but I can imagine that for some people this might be a minus. But I'll guess this is a temporary problem anyway.

Room Tip: Maybe try not to be on the first floor, due to dripping boiler sound in the attic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Difficult to find - and once found if you leave on foot have to walk the long way round the farm to avoid upsetting the owner's daughter and her horses. Make sure your suspension is sound, there is a huge hole and dangerous dip in the turning off the main road - fine if you are driving a land-rover, tough if you have a sports car.

Lovely house, garden and breakfast cannot be faulted. However, I prefer to be left to my own devices and will ask if I need advice/help/assistance - I did start to feel like myself and partner were being treated like teenage children, also was not keen on being engaged in conversation all the time.
Couple were extremely friendly, and very (over) helpful, but it you prefer to just get on with your break unaided this is not the place to stay.

Breakfast advertised as from 7.30am, but when we requested it at this time on the Sunday we were informed it was a bit early! We would have liked an early start, but had to agree on 8.30 in the end (because there were other "horsey" guests staying.

Our closet contained overspill clothing from the family - which I found disconcerting, as had not been informed that this would be the case, and felt the need to be very quiet in the room as it was next door to their living accommodation, "en suite" was in fact next door, and the central heating boiler/immersion heater starts up at 11.30pm and grinds away behind the headboard until the early hours of the morning, heating your brains to boiling point. We now refer to that weekend as the one where we stayed at Wiltshire's Fawlty Towers.

If you like feeling like part of the household then this is the place for you, excellent service, great eccentric owners, and offers of fetching you from the pub........brilliant breakfast and lovely gardens - just not my cup of tea.

Room Tip: I really don't think it matters which room you stay in - though upstairs means you are further from the front door.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank iliad33
zoe52, Owner at Scotland Lodge Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thanks for your comments and the pot holes were filled in shortly afterwards - heavy milk tankers use our drive and they are responsible for keeping the drive in good condition.
With regard to the "overspill of clothes in the closet" - there are 2 large double wardrobes in the upstairs double room and the first one is empty (apart from dressing gowns) and is for guest use. The other one does have a bolt on the front of it and this is where my extra clothes live.
Apologies for the boiler noise we will see if there is anything we can do about it.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

This place was our stop-over from Dover to Bath in order to see Old Sarum, Salisbury, Stone Henge and Wood Henge. The owners were exceptional hosts and most welcoming. Breakfast was substantial and set us up for a good day of sight-seeing and travelling ahead.
A beautiful home. I would love to visit again when next in the UK.

Room Tip: The upstairs room is best but is accessible by a narrow, steep stairway. Fine for us, but may be a concern for the less able bodied. The down stairs room would be better for those requiring easier access. The owners would advise of this I am sure.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My friend and I spent three restful, comfortable nights at Scotland Lodge Farm. What a wonderful place to stay! Our twin room was immaculately clean and the beds were so comfy I actually didn't want to get up in the mornings. The grounds are absolutely stunning, I fell in love with the garden. Can't sing enough praises about the place! Love the fact that it is pet friendly, wandering the grounds to see the horses and the two lovely little dogs was a daily must for us. Every morning we had a variety of choices for breakfast including fresh fruit. The owner Catherine was fantastic, so welcoming and friendly. Catherine was a fountain of knowledge when offering advice on places to visit! All in all....a perfect place to stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends