“Exactly what Durrington needs!!”

The Stonehenge Inn and Carvery
Ranked #2 of 2 Durrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Have eaten here three times now since it opened in April. Durrington has been lacking of a good venue for good food for a long time and this is no longer the case with the opening of the newly refurbished Stonehenge Inn & Carvery. The Stonehenge Inn & Carvery can be highly recommended in my opinion. The staff are very customer focussed and hard working.

The food and puddings are lovely and the food is fairly priced. We will become regulars of that I am sure. The introduction of a loyalty card would be a big hit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BEXMARK26
Liz97, Owner at The Stonehenge Inn and Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are delighted you are regulars to our new pub and appreciate your support. Our new loyalty cards have been ordered and should be ready to launch next month.

There are newer reviews for The Stonehenge Inn and Carvery

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This as our first visit to the newly refurbished Stonehenge Inn & Carvery, we were greeted by a very friendly and polite member of staff and shown to a table where we were asked what we wanted to drink while we pondered over the menu to choose our food.

We chose the carvery which looked extremely inviting and of course we were not disappointed and the Yorkshire puddings were to die for. The chef was extremely helpful and friendly. If I was to be critical, it was only at the last minute as I inspected the two bowls of gravy that I learned which one was meat gravy and which one as vegetarian gravy and as it happened I would have got it wrong because the vegetarian gravy looked the best of the two which I wish I had chosen as the meat gravy looked a bit bitty and weak. It would be advisable to have the gravy serving points labelled.

But on the whole we had a very good meal and would definitely return again, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and meal

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NigelR537

Thank you for taking the time to feedback and I appreciate your lovely comments about our carvery. The gravy is labelled, but on the column next to it, rather than on the lids which are moved and washed and we would not want any labels to come off in the food. As a vegetarian, I do think our gravy is really nice compared to others I have tasted.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Walked in and immediately attended to ( good start ) Shown to our table, asked if we would like a drink while browsing the menu, we opted for the carvery,3 types on meat on offer,good portions of meat and you can have as much potato and veg as you like ( wish I'd brought my own plate ) As for the food,good tastes in all areas,not too hot or cold,slightly disappointed in the quality of the meat but the price I paid I shouldn't expect top draw meat. Service was very good,fast and friendly staff. Hygiene again very good ,clean and tidy,I even saw the carvery chef probe checking the meat and noting the time and temperature ( good sign that ) This was at a busy time that we visited,but you wouldn't know it,as a local (ish) this was our first visit,it won't be out last. Overall Good food and service at a good price.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank sjwred1892

We are delighted that you enjoyed your carvery - thanks for the great feedback.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Visited on a Sunday lunchtime- about 2 p.m. and quite busy but quite happy to find us a table. Lovely polite staff but would be nice if they could look as though they were enjoying working there!! Took a while to receive our drinks and then had to wait for the chef to come to the carvery to serve our meat. Meat well cooked but Yorkshire puddings slightly undercooked and so huge they almost filled the small plate we had been given. Lovely selection of vegetables - cooked well. Lovely and hot. Unfortunately no-one came to ask if food was to our liking. Enjoyed food but sad to see staff so miserable. Average prices. Would use again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for the feedback and I am really pleased you enjoyed your meal and will come again. I was surprised to read you thought our staff were a little miserable, we are actually quite a close knit team and do have a laugh when we are not busy. I am sorry if we didn't give that impression.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Went to visit restaurant with my husband & son accompanied by two friends and their little boy.
Visiting area for a bank holiday weekend :)
We pre-booked table, when we arrived all was all laid out with high chairs, crayons and a picture to scribble on for little ones.
Our drinks order was taken. Wild elderflower bubbly went down very well.
We ordered: Two DOUBLE burgers complete with cheese and bacon, Veg fajita, carvery and I had a single burger with cheese and bacon.
Burgers were AMAZING! They were wonderful! Meat was moist and not dry. Just about managed them :)
Veg fajita went down well with our friend. Carvery went down well with our little man- Yorkshire puds light as air (had to try some myself!) and gravy looked lovely!
All food was hot and delicious. All on hot plates so food was still hot during eating not just for 5 mins!
Service was great. Nothing was a problem extra sauce or a glass of water. No problem in us paying bill for our own meals separately.

Very children friendly. Both boys having fun playing at table, making usual noises/ behaviour of a 2yr i.e. laughing and chatting loudly as well as getting up from seat.
We had such a lovely evening meal.
Shame we couldn't fit in pud :(
Next time when we're in the area we'll work backwards to have pud :)
Well done keep up the great food and atmosphere!

Stayed: May 2014

Thanks for the lovely feedback - I am pleased you enjoyed our burgers so much, as well as the carvery and fajitas. We are pleased you found us child friendly as we market ourselves as a family friendly pub. I appreciate your lovely comments.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went for a meal with family food was fantastic we sat in the bar area we was attended to by a young welsh lady can't remember her name think it was sharn what a very nice lady very accommodating made sure we got everything we needed and was well looked after the other staff were very friendly to overall will be going back for great food and great service

• Stayed: May 2014
Liz97, General Manager at The Stonehenge Inn and Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Fabulous review - thank you so much!

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 15 on Saturday nite and had a very pleasant evening. Staff lovely making a good atmosphere. Food was good. Plenty of seating inside and out. They have a covered smoking area seperate to the other outside seating area which is good for us non smokers who also like to eat outside. Thank you for a good evening.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Lovely feedback, thank you. I particularly like our outside courtyard, it is a lovely suntrap and our shrubs, herbs and bedding plants are beginning to mature nicely.

Liz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrington
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Milford Hall Hotel
Milford Hall Hotel
#5 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to The Stonehenge Inn and Carvery? Share your experiences!