Stayed at the citizen M on a stopover in Amsterdam in July, and then on a return stopover 2 nites ago in August. My husband was leary, because the first nite in Amsterdam we stayed in the city to see the sights, and booked a room at the citizen to be close to the airport for our early morning flight to Copenhagen (where we picked up a cruise). The manager at the downtown hotel asked our plans and when we told him we weren't leaving til the morning but staying at the citizen, his comment was "well, just realize it will be only 2 meters wide---so be prepared for VERY small room". My husband worried about that the whole taxi ride. But he began to have misgivings as we checked in...there are about 8 kiosk as you step in and check yourself in with a touch screen computer...all it needs is your last name and a 5 year old could follow the directions. You grab a plastic card and make your own room key by pressing it up to the computer, and you choose, city view or airport...I had read reviews about how quiet it was, and as we stepped on the elevator to go to the 4th floor, we both were getting a bit excited to see this room. Your room key placed on the face of the doorknob automatically opens the door...and yes it was small, but truthfully larger than the hotel room we had stayed in the nite before in Amsterdam city.
WONDERFUL, wall to wall king size bed (nice and firm), great linens, QUIET view through the window of planes taking off and landing, and large screen TV on the wall (free movies on demand etc)...fun, fun, fun remote, that controls everything...lights, window blinds, window shade that makes the room pitch dark (stays light until very late), fun colors to change the lights to in the fabulous shower and toilet (which also was out in the open but had a half moon, smoked glass doors you close for privacy)...shower is about 4 ft from the bed, and is a futuristic glass tube which we both enjoyed ( and the citizen shower wash in 2 scents were both fabulous)...small, tall upright modern sink on wall with toilet, that had storage underneath. Not for the shy or faint of heart, but for those wanting something super clean, modern, fun and functional and at a good price, this is the best hotel! No closets but you just find a spot for your suitcase and under the king bed is a tremendous drawer that held extra pillows and any carry on items (purses, backpacks and small bags). There was an area to hang a minimal amount of clothers (3 or 4 hangers) and a good wall safe. Best of all it was a 3 minute walk to the Airport under cover...baggage carts outside of hotel so you don't have to drag your suitcases over the cobblestone walkway...load em up and push them there. Shipol has a ton of restaurants, shops and grocery places, plus a great restaurant on the 4th floor. So if you don't want to eat at the hotel (there is a 24hr. bar with alcohol, coffees, teas, and sodas, and breakfast, lunch and dinner items to heat up) you can walk over and have anything you want at the airport---fast food (Burger King etc) or restaurant food. GREAT value for the money and especially the convenience of being able to sleep longer and walk over to the airport for those early morning check ins...my flight left at 10:30am for houston so my husband walked me over at 7:30 to return home, and then went back to the room until 11 since he didn't fly until 3 to Iraq...KIDS would love this hotel...the downstairs has all sorts of little areas with unique, modern, comfortable furniture for them to climb on...and the 4th floor of Schipol has a play area with the restaurants, with flight simulators and a real KLM plane to clamber through...don't miss this hotel if you are ever in Amsterdam...i can't stop telling even strangers about it...they are building 2 in NY and one in England in 2012...
Probably not a room for more than 2 people
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer