I had booked to stay at the Yotel but they moved me here due to them getting work done on their roof. I didn't think it was ideal as Yotel is in the terminal but I loved Citizen M.
Check in was so efficient with a girl waiting to see me as soon as I came in the door. She was very pleasant. The rooms are on the small side but it's exactly what you need if you are just there for a short stay. You enter and the shower was on the right and the toilet directly across from it on the left. If you're staying as a couple, that might be slightly weird but as a solo traveller, it was completely fine. The shower doesn't work if you don't have the doors shut so no chance of wetting the entire room. The shampoo / shower gel smells amazing!
The bed is extremely comfy and the addition of the cuddly toy is cute. There are automatic blinds which is a novel feature. The mood lighting in the room is also an excellent idea and is great when you are lounging around in the evening and want a dimmer light or in the morning when you want it a bit brighter.
I didn't go to the bar for drinks or food but it looks extremely well stocked and there are lots of seats on the ground floor.
I would definitely return here if I was coming back to Amsterdam - probably choosing to stay out here rather than in the city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connected to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, citizenM offers affordable luxury for the weariest of travellers, with 355 rooms. Just a two-minute walk from the airport terminals, citizenM is a welcomed pit stop for the savvy and time-pressed guests. Business nomads also have the ease of booking at citizenM's newest societyM: a unique solution of creative meeting spaces. At societyM guests swap bleak conference suites for meeting rooms with innovative design, hi-tech hardware, plush Vitra furniture - even wipe-free walls. For the jet lagged mobile citizens, there's always high pressure rain showers, a XL king-size bed, mood lighting, and bespoke amenities. Enjoy free movies, stream your own content to the TV, and check out the genius MoodPad tablet that controls every detail of your room from temperature and blackout blinds to personalized music. 24/7 dining and cocktailing is also available at canteenM, whether you crave a hot breakfast or a cold beer. It's your call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your citizenM Schiphol Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citizenm Hotel Amsterdam Airport Hotel Schiphol-Rijk
- CitizenM Schiphol Airport Haarlemmermeer