citizenM Schiphol Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Hotel Herbergh Amsterdam Airport(Badhoevedorp)
  • Free Internet
5,539 results
All reviewscitizen mshower and toiletfree moviesmood lightingmood padremote controlself servicerooms are smallwall to wallwindow blindshigh techhuge bedself servefrosted glassschiphol airportgreat conceptsushi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This place is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Trying to be trendy but it doesn't work one bit. Very tacky all around and the rooms are absolutely horrible. The toilet and the showers are in the middle of a tiny studio (very unhygienic). As a Management Consultant I have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world, this is my worst experience. Avoid this place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Olean17
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for one quick (and short night) at the end of a long business trip. The room was great, very practical and simple but had everything one would want or need. Great bed and linen and very quiet. A bit of a walk from the airport...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Slight problem finding the hotel at first, we exited the terminal incorrectly via the train station area. The easiest way to find it, is to exit by Starbucks from the arrivals hall, at the far end of the arrivals area (right as you come out of the baggage reclaim). The hotel is then a two minute covered walk away.

Check in was easy via an automated machine, but staff are on hand to assist if necessary. Given our early arrival we elected to pay EUR20 as an early check in fee.

Rooms are compact and functional. The double bed fitted exactly between the two walls, directly in front of the window. We asked for an airport view, and despite the apron being directly in front of us we suffered no noise.

The rest of the room was small but well designed. Little space if you have lots of luggage. The only drawer space was a pull out under the bed.

The shower and WC are both built into pods with frosted glass for modesty

Free in room safe and wi-fi. Wide variety of free movies and TV. A small table is slotted between the shower and bed.

We chose not to have breakfast in the hotel. Plenty of quick options back in the arrivals terminal. Just opposite Starbucks was a small supermarket that sold warm pastries, juice etc at reasonable rates.

The Citizen M is definitely a different hotel concept. Ideal for a few nights if space is not required. Amsterdam Central Station is approx. 15-20 mins from the airport, so an ideal base for a city break if you wish to avoid the centre.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I've been staying at CitizenM twice during 2013. Both times I travelled with my sister and we shared one room. The hotel is pretty close to the main aiport buildning, you don't have to take a shuttle bus, which is pretty nice. The hotel is very modern and stylish and they have self check-in machines in the reception, so there's almost never a queue to check in or out. When you check in you can choose if you want an airport view or a city view and you can also choose which floor you'd like to stay on, thats good! There is also a stylish bar / food shop on the ground floor, but I think it's a bit overpriced. It's better to walk a few minutes to the airport buildning and there you have both Starbucks and Albert heijn close to the entrance, much cheaper and better food I think. The rooms in the hotel are very small. That's not a problem for me but the think I really don't like is that the toilet and the shower has no privacy at all. Both the toilet and shower is located in the middle of the room and the shower has only a see trough curtain to make some privacy with. The toilet has like a cyliner glass door around it but you can almost hear and see everything. Don't know why they do this, of course it looks very modern and stylish but who wants to see or hear someone in the toilet or the shower? Since I travelled with my sister it was OK but I would never go here and share room with someone I'm not truly comfortable with.

Room Tip: Airport view is nice!
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrslawler
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I love CitizenM Amsterdam Airport. It was my first time, I had to catch an early flight and didn't feel like getting out of bed at 4AM at home, so I stayed at the CitizenM.
VERY nice people, VERY nice room, GREAT bed. The automatic check in with the computers work perfectly and hassle-free, but there is someone to help you if you don't understand.
The room was very clean, the bed was really big and I slept like a baby. The mood pad is nice, you can change the lighting and also close the window shutters. The shower is perfect.
Don't sleep here with someone you don't know, BUT there is a curtain so you can't see eachother if you are in the shower.
Breakfast was good.
It was perfect for me and I had a good night's sleep before my early flight. It isn't too cheap, but I think it was worth it.
Only thing I missed: a little fridge or minibar in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business