“amsterdam airport sheraton”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed here during a very long layover so we could have a brief taste of Amsterdam The staff was lovely and helpful in making our plans to experience the most on our limited time. We were very impressed when a staff member returned our camera which had been left in a hallway. the location couldn't be beat when we had to make our flight the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Dear morada0,

I really appreciate your maiden review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us.

I am happy that we could turn your stopover into thoughtful memories and that you enjoyed the most out of your stay. It makes me proud to read that you found my team members to be “lovely and helpful”. I will share your warm thoughts with my team.

We all look forward to give you a very warm welcome again upon your next visit to Amsterdam.

Fred Smits

Write a ReviewReviews (2,089)

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I used this hotel due to a 20 hour forced layover in Amsterdam. The hotel is located at the airport and is only a short walk from arrivals/departures. The added perk was that you can walk to the shopping area that has several stores and restaurants.
Although you are a little disoriented at 1st trying to find the hotel, once you know where it is, it is extremely convenient.
The check in was very efficient and rooms are only accessible by card key. The room was small but very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I slept without any problems. The room was very quiet even though it is located right at the airport. I don't think I heard a plane once.
If you are traveling on business or pleasure this property is worth the money. It is a little expensive, but you will be happy you spent the extra money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear roadwarrior2_11,

I would like to share with you that how grateful I am to read your review on TripAdvisor.

Certainly you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very proud of that. However the circumstances under which you had to stay does not seems to be pleasant but I am glad that we could turn those 20 hours into something very comfortable and memorable. Also thanks to special Sheraton “Sweet Sleeper” beds that you could enjoy good rest. I learnt from your profile that you like Spa and great food and wines, so I hope that you have also enjoyed them during your stay with us.

Amsterdam is a great city and I hope you have a chance to explore more of this exciting city.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I stayed for 1 night based on previous visit. The location takes the stress out of travel through this airport going and coming. The room clean, comfortable, good tv etc. It represents good value for money and eliminates the waiting around for shuttle bus's to other airport hotels which for me is its main attraction. Less than 10 minutes by foot from arrivals gate to room and v.v to the departure gate..I was less than 5 minutes in the room got a call from a duty manager inquiring if all was ok which is a very nice touch. Wish same attention to detail was observed in other properties. Highly recommended. A very good product

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear paul026,

I would really like to thank you for taking time and writing your second impressive review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for choosing again our hotel for your recent stay to Amsterdam.

It also makes me proud to read that my team members contributed in your comfortable stay. I will certainly share your warm thoughts with my team.

We look forward to give you a warm welcome back in future.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

The Dutch are known for efficiency and no-nonsense attitude. The staff of this hotel is an example. Efficient, forced smiles, "please move quickly sir" attitude. Room is small yet clean and modern. Note that they charge you the local tax despite Expedia booking - not included in the payment to Expedia.

Room Tip: High room was quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Dear YS1_11,

I highly appreciate feedback about our hotel by a senior contributor of TripAdvisor.

It looks like your stay has not been entirely up to your satisfaction. Please be informed that we strive to make every guest feel like at home and I am sorry to say that we have failed this time. Please accept my sincere apologies for the transactional behavior which you have experienced. I assure you that I take this feedback very serious and will discuss it with my team.

I hope you have a chance to visit Amsterdam soon and I wish a very warm welcome back to show the values we stand for.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

The location of this hotel is perfect if you are passing by the Netherlands. It is just outside the airport's exit - no need to waste time with transportation to the hotel - you can just drop off your bags and go to explore Amsterdam. I think that Sheraton and Hilton are the only 2 hotels, which offer such close proximity to the airport.
Schiphool itself if my favorite European airport, it is very well organized, you can catch a direct train to Amsterdam's center (trains come like every 10 minutes, approximately 15-20 minutes travel time) just after you've made your exit from arrivals.
The rooms are very nice and comfortable, with a touch of luxury. The entire hotel has a sense of luxury and class, I would definitely recommend it to everyone whose trip requires close proximity to the airport. The hotel is quite pricey, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Desislava G

Dear Dess I,

Thank you for taking time and writing a warm review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

It makes me glad that you decided to rate your stay here on TripAdvisor and I am proud to hear that you are happy with our services and the location of the hotel.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed here overnight on the way to an African Safari trip. It was very convenient since it is attached to the airport, so we didn't have to do the shuttle thing with our luggage. Also made it easy for a quick trip into the city center to see the sites since we just had to walk back into the airport to catch the train. You don't have to go outside if you don't want to. However, there was a problem with the cold water pressure, making it a challenge to brush my teeth and take a shower without being scalded. "Paid" a big price for this room with air miles that were set to expire soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Dear DianeinDublin,

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts here on TripAdvisor.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you faced due to low water pressure. Beside this inconvenience, I am glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel and that you could go to the city center. I learnt from your profile information that you usually travel for fun and for that reason I would highly recommend you to go on a bike ride upon your next visit to Amsterdam. Please be informed that you may borrow a bike from us in order to explore the exciting surrounding of Amsterdam.

I hope that you have a chance to visit Amsterdam soon and I wish you a very warm welcome.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed here for two nights as I had some meetings, so the hotel was very convenient for that. And the gym facility is actually quite nice. Other than that, there is no reason to stay here. As a platinum SPG member, I have stayed at Sheratons all over the world, and I would say that the rooms and service level is below that of its sister hotels. There were also some billing errors at checkout which would have been easily missed had I not reviewed it. The hotel corrected the errors immediately, but it was still annoying. The good news, if one must stay here, is that the train into the heart of the city runs often, and is quick and inexpensive. So you can still enjoy the city even if you are stuck way out at the airport.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
smitsf, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear JNelsonRedSoxFan,

Thank you for providing feedback on TripAdvisor. I regret to read that your stay was not up to your expectations.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you faced during check out. Please be informed that we take your feedback very seriously as we constantly strive to improve our services and facilities. I would like to thank you again for sharing your feedback as it is certainly of a great value to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to show you our improvements.

Fred Smits

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ramada Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!