“Pretty Good Aiport Hotel”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver
“Pretty Good Aiport Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I usually don’t make a habit of reviewing airport hotels primarily due to the often very brief stay unless I was significantly impressed (positively in this case).

We stayed here for 4 nights as it logistically fitted our side trip to Germany i.e. access to rail station.

Here’s the scoop:

Positives:
Location:
1). 5-minute walk from the airport terminal. Walk towards the airport exit & then look for an up-escalator
2). Access to 24hour-metro via airport terminal (€8 for return trip-day pass). Metro will take you to downtown Amsterdam in about 20 mins. Downtown is a very walkable area.

Building:
1). Rooms were well equipped & reasonably appointed.
2). Gym had an adequate set of equipment.

Restaurant:
The selection from the breakfast buffet was pretty good (hot & cold). We did not grow tired of it even though we ate there 3 times. What was really impressive was the attentiveness of the staff (servers & short order cook). Both made efforts to accommodate our sometimes picky requests.

Negatives:
Zero, none, nil, zip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Itchyfeet024,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for posting your feedback further to your stay. It is very rewarding to receive comments like yours, who take the time to convey their thanks to us. Moreover, I am proud to hear that our staff at the breakfast contributed to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one and I will certainly share your warm words with them.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center.

Kurt Renold.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

This is an easy summary. Whilst a bit expensive the location couldn't be better for people flying in and out of Schipol. And, as the airport/hotel sit over the train station it is easy to take a train into the city or Rottedam etc. Service is very good and the beds comfy. What else is there to say?

• Stayed June 2013
Dear VeitchB,

Thank you for your clear review here on Trip Advisor. It is my pleasure to hear that the location was most convenient for you and that you were satisfied with our service and rooms.

Our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests. I look forward to meet you again!

Penfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed here on both ends of a business trip. The rooms are wonderfully equipped and the beds very comfy. The on site restaurant is excellent , don't miss the morning breakfast! Dinner was very good with a very good wine list, not fabulous but very good. It is very convenient, easy walk from the terminal, don't even have to go outside. Convenient also for taking the rail to center Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear DAVID M,

I would like to thank you for the great feedback about your stay in our Property. It makes me happy to read that you had a lovely experience with us. Thank you aswell for your warm words about our restaurant, I am sure the staff will be delighted to hear this.

I hope to see you back very soon, we all look forward to welcome you again.

Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Indoor easy access walkway to the airport. Large comfortable rooms, very good breakfast buffet,
friendly staff anxious to please. We were part of an excellent buffet prepared on short notice for 130 people.
Being close to the airport we expected a noisy stay but that was not the case. Basically what you expect at a Sheraton location. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear ZephyrTraveller,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. It is great to take part of your feedback and I am especially happy to hear that, despite the unexpected arrival, we managed to give you a wonderful stay with us.

I have shared your comments with everyone and we all look forward to welcome you again!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is perfection. Location, price and room amenities. I ordered room service from the kids menu and had a satisfying healthy meal. Clean, modern and quiet with friendly staff and speedy reception

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear SarahJacks,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words here on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to hear that everything was up to your liking and especially enjoyed our meals from Room Service.

If you like to have a healthy meal, I would also like to suggest the Color your Plate choices. Color your Plate is a dining program which includes all key nutrients from fruits and vegetables to ensure all meals represent the perfect dietary balance. Please feel free to ask our staff about it upon your next arrival!

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport is usually one of my favorite airport hotels. It is conveniently located close to the terminal, it usually has spotless service and relatively comfortable rooms. Not luxurious accommodations but functional. I stay here at least 3-4 times a year, on my way in or out of Amsterdam. My only complaint is typically that the check in and check out waiting time is too long because there are not enough front desk staff or staff are trainees that require a lot of assistance. I usually give it a high rating. This last stay, however, revealed the not so good side of the hotel: the internet service was not working, but the front end staff did not tell at check in. To me and to many business travellers, internet connection is not a luxury but a necessity. Had the hotel staff been more open and forward about the problem I would probably have gone to another hotel. But instead they provided many excuses and apologies, but no solutions. Therefore my rating this time is lower. Sorry Sheraton, you should do better!

1 Thank Rocketleech
Dear Rocketleech,

Thank you for your honest feedback following your stay in our hotel. I really appreciate your constructive comment, as it allows us to improve the overall guest experience.

I am very sorry to learn that you experienced discomfort due to the fact that the Internet was down in the hotel. Unfortunately it was a problem caused from outside and therefore took some time to resolve again. However we do take our responsibility for the inconvenience it caused and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

When you plan to return, please contact me directly so I can ensure you a better stay.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Very short walk from airport to hotel across an overpass. Rooms are big, although a little dated. Check-in was quite lengthy and internet access is expensive. Airport train takes only 15 mins into central Amsterdam so perfect for those short business trips or overnight transits.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear TBDFL,

Thank you for visiting Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center and for sharing your feedback with us.

I am glad to hear that the location was perfect for you! Furthermore, I have noted your comment regarding the check in procedure and will certainly follow up on this with the Front Office.

In closing, I would like to thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon!

Kurt Renold.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!