“Better than an average airport hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pleasantville, NY
“Better than an average airport hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Airport hotels can be a little grim and rundown. That's true at some Sheraton airport hotels (such as the Sheraton at London Heathrow), but it's certainly not the case at the Sheraton Schiphol. The place is clean and well maintained. Check-in and check-out were handled quickly, efficiently and courteously. My room (a Club room) on the 3rd floor was reasonably spacious, well-equipped and had everything I needed. The complimentary breakfast was nothing special, but I had no complaints either.

I booked a meeting room in the conference center. It was also well equipped and comfortable. One complaint/suggestion - please provide fee Wi-Fi to those who book meeting rooms. It's absurd in 2013-2014 to charge a supplement for this.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear MJMH,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting here on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you had a convenient stay with us during your business travel. I already shared your kind words with the staff. Furthermore, I would kindly like to inform you that we offer free Wi-Fi to all our guests.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Howell, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

When connecting from other European cities through Schipol, I would normally do that in 1 day. This trip I decided instead to fly to Schipol in the evening and travel to the next day to the US. Based on my stay at the Sheraton I will continue to do that whenever feasible. I was welcomed warmly at the front desk, the rooms are very nice and the check out was very efficient. And a short walk to the check-in/departure area of the airport. Will definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for posting this kind comment on Tripadvisor and for your remarks concerning the effectiveness of the check in and check out. I am happy to read that you were warmly welcomed at the front desk. After a long journey we do our utmost to provide a kind and genuine welcome when arriving at the Sheraton.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and posting your experience with us.

Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kurt Renold.
Gendringen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is an example of an hotel that is succesful because of their place connected to Schiphol.
As a frequent user of this chain, I have seen prces going up.
A normal night is around 250 euro and more, but the service is declining, the minibar is vanished, so you need to go out in your PJ when you're graving a coke, to the hall lobby on your floor and get it out of a machine.

Something that is total unworthy for such a pretentiuos hotel.
The business lounge has no longer the warm snacks untill late.
No refill.
The restaurant in the Sheraton is still ok, 27 euro for a breakfast, who has less than before but price went up.

It is not always about making money.

Still the situation of the hotel is sublime, specially for early flights, quick check-out works excellent.
However, to come back on track, Sheraton Schiphol needs to take it a step up.
Specially now the Hilton is building a new hotel in their backyard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TravelingBizzMan
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear DennisvdMolen,

Thank you so much for your time posting your review here and your detailed feedback is certainly valuable to our improvement. I really appreciate your loyalty towards our Starwood hotels. In order to offer our guests more options we arrange the refreshment center on each floor from which our guests can have more than 30 different choices in terms of food and beverage, local gifts and even travelling equipment. Furthermore I also would like to kindly inform you that we serve warm snacks in club lounge between 17:00 to 20:00 and we always refill the food and drinks during this time.
Thank you so much again for your honest feedback and I will certainly discuss your comments with my management team in order to offer our best service to all of our guests.

I hope we will see each other soon again.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

And it's in the Atrium bar. You can watch it as you go up and down in the glass-fronted lifts. Apart from that one of the nicest airport hotels that I know and the restaurant serves delicious food. Order the burgers abd you get 5 teeny ones on the plate easch witha different sauce. The rooms are comfortable but I haven't found one yet with a good runway view.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Peter B,

Thank you so much for staying with us in July and I really appreciate the nice review you posted here.

I am elated that you enjoyed our new implementation TV screen in our Atrium level. During the past summer we did the trials regarding this TV implementation and we hope by this we can enhance our guest experience in a new level. This big TV screen can allow our guests to enjoy the live music, movies and football game in a more entertaining way. And I am happy to inform you that this new system will be delivered very soon again in our hotel. Furthermore I also would like to kindly inform you that you are always welcome to contact us regarding the airport view and we will be very happy to assist you with your request and preference.

I am looking forward to your return soon.
Hythe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a very well placed hotel to the airport; just head for car park one from the main concourse and you enter the hotel lobby after about 25 yards or so - all under cover and very easy.

Check in was made a bit laborious as the desk clerk wanted us to join Starwood's loyalty scheme and to be honest I was just too tired after a long flight day to refuse, so check in took a while. We had two rooms booked at Club standard but were told these were not ready but we could upgrade to Executive Rooms for 35 Euros each - which we did as we wanted to get to our rooms, these Exec rooms were ready but as it was 1800hrs, I found this surprising that our originally booked Club rooms were not ready, but hey.

I know the Sheraton brand fairly well and my room was no surprise with comfortable arm chair with foot stool, desk and chair, comfortable bed - very in fact. The walk in shower needed a bit of lime scale removal, a tip here - this is easy on those with rubber shower head jet inserts as all you have to do is run your thumb over the rubber bits and depress them a bit and low and behold it clears and you get a great shower - just why housekeeping doesn't do this remains a mystery to me.

But, what let it down for me was the total lack of tea and coffee in room facility plus zero ironing board - I needed to iron a coupe of shirts for meetings. Yes you can call housekeeping to get an ironing board and room service for a cup of tea but that in my book is hassle I can do without at this level. This always lets me down with Sheraton as it seems to be brand common. Guess they think that guests don't want to make a cup of tea themselves or call up room service for tea - maybe that is true of their regular guests and if so, then maybe I just shouldn't stay at Sheraton's.

The sound proofing is good, very and the blackout curtains same and the AC works well and quiet with it - so, did I get a good night's sleep - yes I did.

All in all, a pretty much standard Starwood Sheraton offer and superbly convenient.

The Voyager Restaurant was very good for dinner - praise where praise is due, excellent food and service - no faults at all and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Pretty international menu, which to be honest was what was wanted.

Check out was quick and easy and baggage storage a breeze.

Room Tip: Just be aware that rooms have no tea and coffee making and no ironing boards and irons. Great beds a...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear John D,

Thank you very much for your detailed review here at tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read you had a convenient stay with us. First of all, I find it very strange that your Club Room was not ready at 18:00 hours. I will definitely share your feedback with the Front Office manager to see how this occurred. Regarding the coffee and tea facilities in the room, I would kindly like to inform you that we installed complimentary coffee and tea services on several floors and in addition, we still offer in room coffee and tea makers upon request. Furthermore, thank you very much for your feedback concerning the shower. I will make sure to follow up on this with the Housekeeping manager.

Once more, I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your detailed review. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

A great place to stay for early flights and also very easy to get to centre of Amsterdam on the train. Don't be put off that it appears a long way out of town the trains are easy to catch. Hotel is clean comfy and staff great. There are cheaper around but you pay for convenience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear IWOM1966,

I am really glad that you had a very comfortable and convenient stay in our hotel. Thank you very much for your compliments regarding our hotel service and facilities.

Our ideal location is just two-minutes walking distance from the airport and train station where you can connect to almost every place in the Netherlands. We only hope we can make your journey much easier and more enjoyable.

I am looking forward to your return soon.
Esmoriz, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is just across the airport, one does not even need to come outside to come or get back to the airport. Perfect location for the airport use. Great room, piceful and silent, wonderful sleep and perfect shower... just like the Sheraton Standards. Breakfast is also what one can expect from such an hotel. Internet is fast and easy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear 70fransisco,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and for sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor!

I am really delighted to read your review. It is, naturally, one of our main goals to contribute to a pleasant business stay and to offer all our guests the most convenient and up to standard services.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!