“Makes Amersterdam Easy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Simi Valley, California
“Makes Amersterdam Easy”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed at this property several time through the years, but recently moved our trade show staff to here. Good value and a great location. Simple walk from the airport is very welcome for the jet lagged traveler and the trains and trams to the RAI and Central Station work very well.

Always some trade offs when you stay at the airport, but the property is great, its easy to get into town and the staff is wonderful. This is a very well run property and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Greg_D_In_Cali,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel and for your review here on tripadvisor.

How wonderful to read that you enjoy staying at our hotel so much because of the service level and the convenience of the location with regards to the airport and travelling to Amsterdam. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the staff.

Once more, I would like to extend my gratitude.
I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is perfect for early flights from Schipol. Service is generally good. Computers on reception level and in the bar area don't work and have slowest internet connection. Serious upgrade required. No hot water in the morning, meant a cool shower in the middle of winter, not a great start to the day. Breakfast at 27 euro's also abit ridiculous!

• Stayed December 2013
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear yolanderose,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. I am glad to learn that our hotel could bring you the most ideal convenience to your flight journey and also thank you for your compliments about our hotel service. However I feel very disappointed to read that you were troubled with internet issue and showering issue during your stay with us. I understand it must be very frustrating when there was no hot water in the morning especially during the winter season. I will surely follow up on this with our engineering manager and IT manager about your feedback. Furthermore I also feel pity that you think our breakfast buffet was too pricy however I do hope you enjoyed our large selection of the most fresh and carefully prepared food and drinks we offered in our finding dining Voyager Restaurant.

I hope we will see each other soon again.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Well, it's virtually 2 min walk from the terminal, easy to find, and at the Sheraton standard. The room are spacious, quiet, perfectly clean. The staff at the reception and at the bar were very nice (especially at the bar). I still find it cheap to extra charge the wifi. Breakfast is expensive but you can find alternatives at the airport.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Christophe B,

Thank you for your review! Sheraton Amsterdam has a stellar reputation for customized customer service and most convenient location. I am so happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy the comforts of our staff’s accommodating nature in both our front office and Gate bar. As you indicated, our hotel is conveniently located in Schiphol with the direct connection hallway. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of the airport, we are only a few minutes away from the terminal! Thank you very much for the compliments and also your honest feedback regarding our WIFI service and breakfast. I will surely follow up on this with my teams.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed for one night prior to my flight leaving the next morning. The hotel and room were modern and clean. The staff were friendly.
I had dinner at the restaurant with a coupe of travelling companions and it was also quite pleasant.
A good hotel to stay at with excellent access to Schiphol airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear JMac-Perth,

Thank you for your lovely review! Here at Sheraton Amsterdam we pride ourselves on caring, genuine customer service. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed a positive experience with our service and facilities and I will be sure to relay your positive experience to my team members. I am so happy to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our most fine dining restaurant-the best restaurant in Schiphol-Voyager Restaurant.

Thank you, again, for your review and I hope to see you on your next visit to Amsterdam!
I hope we will see each other soon again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Thanks to Heathrow fog, the Sheraton became my unplanned home for one night. A larger Executive room was all that was available and was quite pricey. Market forces I guess. But it was spick and span, and comfortably contemporary. A really good restaurant, helpful concierge and bellman, and a 2 minute walk to the connected miracle that is Schipol airport equals a very good base.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear scoochlondon,

How unfortunate that the fog in Heathrow changed your travel planning. This must have been quite inconvenient. However I do appreciate the compliments concerning the cleanliness of the room and the helpfulness of our staff. I am glad to learn that we were able to provide a pleasant experience even though it wasn’t planned by you. Hope to welcome you again in the future, under any circumstance.

Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I had an early morning flight in and an early flight out. The front desk was very accommodating and was able to provide early checkin for a small fee which was very much worth it given that I had left Moscow at 3:30am on the morning of my arrival. Being able to get into a room that early made a big difference in my productivity during the day. The health facilities were excellent and the sauna was perfect. The attendants in the Club Room were excellent and I was able to check out from the club room after breakfast. It was a 10 minute walk to the checkin at the airport.

The combination of convenience and service were both excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear South Pacific Seas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that the Front Office staff was attentive to your needs, by offering an early check in. Furthermore I would like to thank you for your compliments concerning the club room staff. Hope to welcome you again!

USA
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is an excellent choice wether you are flying out early or are in for a couple of days. It is very convient to the train into Amsterdam central, I think about 4 euro. I noticed with this visit that the coffe machines were no longer provided in the rooms. For some travelers this will be a real loss. If you are in a club room , coffee and tea are provided, but you still have to dress, wander down, make nice conversation. Anyway, I really cannot understand why this amenity seems to be disappearing. The restaurant was very good, especially Benece, a great barman/ waiter! Also, the best buffet breakfast I've had in a long time. The room was large by European standards with a very nice tub and a very tiny shower. The bed was excellent. I only wish I could have slept later.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are quiet and comfortable. If you think you will be spending a lot of time...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KLHUsa
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear KLHUSA,

Thank you very much for your second review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you took the time to post a comment. You are correct about the coffee facilities in the room, these are replaced by specially designed coffee machines located on the 1st,4th and 6th floor in order to offer our guests the best quality of coffee. However we still offer our guests the option of delievering in-room coffee and tea maker upon request. Also I will definitely pass on your compliments to our food and beverage manager.
Once again thank you for your kind remarks . Hope to welcome you again in the future.
Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!