“Location, location, location”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Very conveniently located inside the Schiphol Amsterdam International airport terminal and on top of the parking garage, the Sheraton remains a favorite starting point for early departure intercontinental travel. Classy atmosphere, comfortable beds, coffee from the corridor stations (unless you ASK for a room coffeemaker), no minibar but a vending machine next to the coffee station. Good club lounge (if you have a club room). Wifi can be slow at the busiest hours - and a generous 30 minutes Wifi for free! Room typically too warm upon arrival and hard to cool down, although the last time in December it was actually bareable. Speed of check-in / check-out appears to be improving relative to a couple of years ago.

Took my camera along this time and made some shots, see attached.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Hermes_NL,
Thank you very much for your review on your stay in The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a complete story on your experiences with us. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also i would like to thank you for the compliment that our service is improving, we always strive to improve ourself and your feedback is helping us do so.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitability of the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed here this weekend overnight. Overall I'm satisfied with it and would stay here again. The staff was all very nice, welcoming and thoughtful. I had a good check-in experience and thought the man was delightful. I observed other guest interactions with staff members, and could see genuine care and good service.
The room was good. I paid for an airport view and was not disappointed. The bed was very comfortable.
Overall,I like the hotel for its convenience. It's RIGHT at Schipol. what bothers me is just the fact that I feel that it charges a lot for everything. The internet, the food, etc - all very expensive.
I'd stay here again though.

Room Tip: if you like seeing the airport, pay more for an airport view. I did and it was worth it. all rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jasoncrh
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Jasoncrh,
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience on tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Also I would like to thank you for your compliments towards our staff members and that our location was ideal for your travelling needs. Indeed the benifit of being an airport hotel is the amazing view over Schiphol, i am glad we could provide a room facing the airport. Hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kurt Renold.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night in a standard room. The room had not good heating control although they try to fix it but without results. Room was cozy ,clean ,modern and pleasant. It is not best value for money, as it is little expensive. Bathroom was beautiful with all amenities except hairdresser. Free wifi only for 2 hours. Breakfast was very good! ALL stuff was very polite and spoke English very well! You can have 30 min free wifi in Lobby. You can leave your luggage in reception until your flight. As it is in schiphol plaza it is very convenient . No problem with charges. I certainly staying there again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear iSniper,

Thank you for your kind review. Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel’s staff is known for their attention to customer service and genuine care toward our guests. I am really glad that you enjoyed our service. Furthermore thank you for expressing special attention to the positive experience you had regarding the hotel room, the breakfast, the luggage service and the convenient location. In addition, I also would like to kindly inform you that the hairdresser shall be found in the wardrobe and we have 2 hours free WIFI which however can be extended through your entire stay without any additional charge.

Thank you, again, for your response. I look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My brother was flying into Amsterdam for his first winter Christmas vacation in Europe. We decided to stay at the Sheraton at the airport, as taking the train into Amsterdam is not that expensive (8 Euros a person return, which takes 15-20 minutes) and we didn't want to drag his luggage around. The rooms here were also almost half the price of the Starwood property in Amsterdam.

From start to end the experience was amazing: as a Platinum member I asked about an upgrade via email before arrival,. The response was quick, friendly and professional and positive: I was upgraded to a suite for my room and to an Executive room for my brother.

Check-in was seamless and the staff are among the most friendly of any in the many hotels I have stayed in across the world. They were always smiling, helpful and seemed to really enjoy their jobs, even though they were working over Christmas.

The suite and room were great - really spacious and spotlessly clean with a great view of the airport without the noise because of the superb soundproofing.

The breakfast choice was great, and we could eat in the dining room or the executive lounge. I chatted with a lovely lady from Ghana Christmas morning as she prepared my eggs.

We also received chocolates with turndown service every night, always with a smile. As we were on the evening train to Paris they gave us a 6pm checkout of the room (the suite was going to be occupied) and check-out was a friendly, chatty affair as well.

A great hotel with wonderful staff and a positive experience from beginning to end! I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to others as well.

Room Tip: Pay for a room with a view over the airport, so you can watch the planes. They are NOT noisy due to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bayboy7320

Dear Bayboy 7320,

First of all, thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your recent stay. I was overjoyed learning that you and your brother enjoyed your stay with us so much. I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your warm compliments regarding the staff, the rooms, the breakfast and the overall experience. I will make sure to share your kind words with the staff.

It was an absolute pleasure reading your review and I hope we can provide you with the same service again in the future.

Warm regards and best wishes for 2014,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've stayed at this property several time through the years, but recently moved our trade show staff to here. Good value and a great location. Simple walk from the airport is very welcome for the jet lagged traveler and the trains and trams to the RAI and Central Station work very well.

Always some trade offs when you stay at the airport, but the property is great, its easy to get into town and the staff is wonderful. This is a very well run property and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Dear Greg_D_In_Cali,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel and for your review here on tripadvisor.

How wonderful to read that you enjoy staying at our hotel so much because of the service level and the convenience of the location with regards to the airport and travelling to Amsterdam. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the staff.

Once more, I would like to extend my gratitude.
I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This hotel is perfect for early flights from Schipol. Service is generally good. Computers on reception level and in the bar area don't work and have slowest internet connection. Serious upgrade required. No hot water in the morning, meant a cool shower in the middle of winter, not a great start to the day. Breakfast at 27 euro's also abit ridiculous!

• Stayed: December 2013
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear yolanderose,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. I am glad to learn that our hotel could bring you the most ideal convenience to your flight journey and also thank you for your compliments about our hotel service. However I feel very disappointed to read that you were troubled with internet issue and showering issue during your stay with us. I understand it must be very frustrating when there was no hot water in the morning especially during the winter season. I will surely follow up on this with our engineering manager and IT manager about your feedback. Furthermore I also feel pity that you think our breakfast buffet was too pricy however I do hope you enjoyed our large selection of the most fresh and carefully prepared food and drinks we offered in our finding dining Voyager Restaurant.

I hope we will see each other soon again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Well, it's virtually 2 min walk from the terminal, easy to find, and at the Sheraton standard. The room are spacious, quiet, perfectly clean. The staff at the reception and at the bar were very nice (especially at the bar). I still find it cheap to extra charge the wifi. Breakfast is expensive but you can find alternatives at the airport.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Christophe B,

Thank you for your review! Sheraton Amsterdam has a stellar reputation for customized customer service and most convenient location. I am so happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy the comforts of our staff’s accommodating nature in both our front office and Gate bar. As you indicated, our hotel is conveniently located in Schiphol with the direct connection hallway. While our location provides serenity away from the immediate ‘buzz’ of the airport, we are only a few minutes away from the terminal! Thank you very much for the compliments and also your honest feedback regarding our WIFI service and breakfast. I will surely follow up on this with my teams.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Kurt Renold

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!