Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southampton, UK
“Fab Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I ended up staying here when I missed my flight hine after a business trip. Room was lovely, very spacious, huge bathroom. Reception staff were very helpful both at check in and on departure. Very close to the airport short walk across the road.

KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Hazelwhiteland87,

How nice and thoughtful of you to put your review here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn that you flight plan changed for you, I am glad that were able to provide you with a service that made the experience less inconvenient. Thank you for your compliment regarding the quality of service provided by the front office team. Hopefully you will come back one day under better circumstances.

Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here a few times now and always come away looking forward to going back!!

Just a few minutes walk from the train and airport with great links into Amsterdam (15mins)

Always really helpful and happy staff right across the hotel.

Restaurant staff always make you feel welcome - good food.

Rooms are always clean and comfortable.

Looking forward to returning soon.

Only downside is the cost - but then again it is a high quality airport hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Ive-been-here,

I would like to express my gratitude for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

It is a sincere pleasure to learn from your comments that you have had several very good experiences with us. I will make sure to share your compliments with the team regarding the helpfulness and the level of service. I hope we can provide you with many more similar convenient and up to standard services.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Leiden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel is located right in the airport. The rooms are quite comfortable with good service. The ideal hotel for staying overnight at the airport.
Worth mentioning as well the restaurant of the hotel. A reasonable menu with good service a nice and relaxed atmosphere, you forget that you are dining in the airport. sometimes I have dinner there when landing late at schiphol before heading home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Ros n,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and for your review with regards to your recent stay.

How wonderful that you had such a convenient stay and that you enjoyed our services. Thank you very much for your compliments concerning the restaurant’s service level. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the F&B manager.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in December 2013 when a business trip came up that required time in Amsterdam and The Hague. I checked in with an early arrival/day hotel rate after my flight from the US landed around 8:30 AM. The staff was very accommodating and upgraded me to a nice room with a king bed. The mattress was very comfortable and the room was quiet. I took a power nap and then met with a business associate in the hotel's atrium very pleasant coffee bar at around 11:30 AM. My next business appointment was 3:00 PM in Amsterdam. The train station is literally steps away from the hotel down an escalator. You get to Amsterdam Central Station in no time at all. The next day I travelled to The Hague and spent the night there and then returned to the Sheraton for the following night. This time I had a smaller room but it was still quite nice.
I took advantage of the steam room and sauna in the hotel's wellness facility both nights. It really helped relax me after a busy day.
I had the buffet breakfast one day which was quite nice, with a large selection of hot and cold items. The price was a bit high, though. The day I was leaving to return to the US, I had breakfast in the small café adjacent to the lobby. Coffe was available, but they did not start serving food till later in the morning which made me a bit nervous about catching my flight, but it all worked out ok. I would recommend that hotel mgmt. consider opening the kitchen earlier.
For any traveler who has multiple cities on their itinerary, the Sheraton is a great choice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Traveler2121,

Thank you very much for your kind response and compliments about our hotel service and facilities. I am thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us during your business trip, especially regarding our unique brand service and facilities like Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed and Fitness by Core Performance. I am also very glad to notice that you started such a pleasant day with our outstanding breakfast buffet in our fine dining restaurant Voyager Restaurant and followed by our ideal hotel location convenience. And regarding your feedback about the Runway café kitchen open time I will certainly follow up with our department heads.

Thank you again for sharing your honest feedback with us. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Honesty this property should be a Four Point at the most. We stayed on the night of the 2nd January and the restaurant/lounge/bar was not open for business; only a small cafe to the side of the reception desk which looked like an internet cafe. The room was so bare that you could not talk at normal volume because your voice would echo through the room like yelling down a canyon. The TV didn't work; well you could turn it on but there was no picture. There was no iron/ironing board, there was no kettle to make a cup of tea. There was nothing really. And the duvet was one of those Dacron ones that makes you perspire all night. All the signs of a cheaply run airport hotel; not again for us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear LarryKL,

Thank for your feedback and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay here at our hotel. I am disappointed that to read that your stay in our Property did not meet your expectations. This experience you describe is not the level of service we pride ourselves with. To inform you the iron and iron board as well as the kettle can be provided upon request. Furthermore I am sorry that our sweet sleeper bed was not comfortable for you. If you change your mind of staying here again, please let me know and I will ensure you have a more comfortable experience.

Lilongwe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We enjoyed excellent service and very good facilities during our recent stay at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Check-in and baggage services were friendly and efficient and we were able to store our airport luggage cart overnight so we could us it the next day to get back to the check-in counter. We had a club room with free internet and access to the Club Lounge on the 8th floor where we enjoyed complementary snacks and breakfast in the morning. The room was spacious and we thought the quality of bed and linens was fine. And of course the location is super - extremely close to the train station and the airport check-in area. We'll stay there again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Op_Malawi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us here at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. I was proud to read that we had contributed to make your stay a nice and memorable experience and that you were impressed by the service that was provided. Until we see you again I wish you all the best from my team and myself.

Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a fairly utilitarian anonymous airport hotel - the rooms are fine (not big) but acceptable with the usual amenities. Its great plus point is that it is but a short walk from the terminal building and all indoors under cover. However the restaurant is poor and the bar meals turn into something of a scrum at busy times - much better food in better surroundings can be obtained by walking along to the Hilton (along through the car park and then outside for a short distance) or back into the terminal.

Where it goes hopelessly wrong and dangerously so is in its basic design - the fire alarm went off at 07.30 or thereabouts just as a number of us were preparing to leave the hotel to catch planes. The lifts automatically (and correctly) return to the ground floor leaving guests stranded on upper floors. There are fire escapes but you can access these through one way doors so everything has to go at the one time and after going down some very steep steps to the ground floor you find yourself on a floor way below reception so you can’t get back to check out. With some effort most of us managed but some American guests even more aged than ourselves with massive cases were really struggling. It should be obvious that there is a need for an internal staircase to the reception level - even at the best of time not everyone likes traveling in lifts.
The staff were useless - beyond playing a taped manger’s voice assuring us that it was a false alarm, everything was under complete control, that the lifts would come back on sometime and assuring anyone who got through on the telephone to the desk that someone would be along to help soon (never were) - they just wandered around the reception level in full view of the guests on the upper floors; perhaps it wouldn’t have been quite so bad if they hadn’t been so obviously amused by people’s discomfort and is some cases distress.

Only just useful for one night stays when passing through the airport, go for the lowest floor possible, eat somewhere else and hope the fire alarm doesn’t go off.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a low floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Traveller-hr,

Firstly, my apologies we did not meet your expectations regarding our food offerings, which I will be sure to pass on to our food and beverage manager. Secondly, we would like to offer our sincere apologies regarding the fire alarm situation. Indeed our elevators go directly to the zero level and the fire escapes are accessible at 4 points on every level. The one way doors are in place to make the situation as safe as possible for our guests; all procedures are implemented to provide a safe environment. I would also like to thank you for the comment concerning the reaction of staff regarding the current situation. This will certainly be investigated.

Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. Besides this experience, I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services on a future occasion.

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel Amsterdam Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!