“A fantastic experience! !”

Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Schiphol
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A fantastic experience! !”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Having been diverted to amsterdam due to fog in Dubia, we were put up in The Sheraton!! The staff, rooms and breakfast was first class! ! My husband accidently left his glasses, on contacting the hotel, the were returned to us within the week. Now that is service. Many thanks!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Margo M,
Thank you for feedback about your stay in our property.
How wonderful to learn that, under the circumstances, you had a wonderful stay with us. I appreciate your compliments regarding the room, the breakfast, and the staff. In addition, I am happy that your belongings were returned to you in very quickly. Your comments are very kind and I shall certainly refer to the acknowledgements you offer our colleagues in our next team briefings.
I hope you have plans to return to us one day.
Kurt Renold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful.

Get the club level, it includes breakfast, evening snacks and drinks and the internet.

The extensive breakfast buffet is included with the club level. The highlights were the dutch pancakes, salmon and omelet station.

*The cappuccino is much better at the club level.

We had a room that faced the planes and it was very quiet. The room was fine, but the shower leaked all over the floor, no matter how careful we were with the water.

Easy to get to and from Amersterdam via train since you're right there at the airport/train station.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear SFJane 10,

Thank you so much for these nice comments and your very motivating words for our team. I am happy to read that you had a great stay with us! Our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests. I will definitely share these positive comments with my colleagues.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Amsterdam airport Sheraton has comfortable rooms, a pleasant luxurious atmosphere, and the best possible location straight inside the terminal close to the departure and arrival lounges, and close to the P1 business parking. You can walk from your car to the hotel to the gate in minutes all under one (big) roof. For these reasons I will continue to go there despite the steep price.

However it seems these big advantages inspire a carefree attitude to service levels. For the second time, the in-room breakfast sheet I filled out well before the 3AM deadline was not collected overnight and as a result, no in-room breakfast appeared.

Furthermore, as an SPG gold member I was not asked upon check-in nor check-out what welcome gift I wanted ... Maybe a minor thing but all other SPG hotels I have been to recently have asked me this question. I am always glad to take the 250 points because saving for free hotel nights is of value to me.

Dear Hemes_NL,

Thank you for your honest feedback about your stay at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel. I am happy to read your compliments regarding the quality of your room, the location and luxurious atmospherein the hotel. However, I am sorry to learn you experienced inconvinience with in-room service and recognition of Gold member. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. I will follow with related departments to resolve the service issue you experienced. We hope this situations will not deter you from reselecting our property for your future stay.
Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great location for short stay before flight out. The hotel is connected to the airport and it is a short walk to the train that goes to the city center (all indoors). I was pleased that they still have a Bible in the rooms. We used points and cash, so it was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 6052travel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. We sincerely thank you for your kind comments regarding the location and the fact that the hotel is convenient for a transit. I will make sure to share your comments with my team.
Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor and hopefully to see you soon return to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport hotel.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 April 2014

For a business traveler catching a flight the next morning, this hotel makes a great choice. Clean and spacious rooms, attentive service and a large breakfast buffet are the major positives. If you have more time, you can take a train and be in downtown Amsterdamn in about 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear David K,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and for your kind words here on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to learn you enjoyed a convenient stay with us. Thank you very much for your compliments concerning the spacious rooms, the attentive service and the breakfast buffet. These will most definitely be shared with the team.

atlanta
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel on our way to Tanzania and another night on our way back to the US. It is very convenient, right in the airport terminal. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant. We were upgraded to an executive room, which was tastefully decorated and very quiet. I appreciated the free internet, and the executive lounge. There was a very nice cocktail hour at about 5pm, and an outstanding breakfast in either the lounge (starting at 7am) or in the restaurant (starting at 6am). This hotel significantly added to the comfort of our trip.

Room Tip: An executive room gives you access to the very nice lounge and free breakfast.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KurtRenold, General Manager at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear RFSAtlanta,

First of all, I am very grateful that you took the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent experience.

Thank you very much for your compliments with regards to the hotel’s convenience, the staff’s friendliness, the executive room and the Club Lounge. It is wonderful to learn that we contributed to a convenient beginning and ending of your vacation. I will make sure your kind words will reach my colleagues.

I hope we can welcome you again next time you pass through Amsterdam.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was here on business and the office is in Hoofddorp. This hotel is extremely conveniently located in that when you land at the airport, you can go straight to the hotel, and when we needed to take the train one stop to Hoofddorp, the train station is also attached to the airport.

The service was excellent. I did not have a Starwoods account before my stay and they immediately signed me up for free. The confirmation email was in my inbox by the time I arrived in the room. There was some confusion about my check out plan and payment but they handled it so well and so smoothly with minimal inconvenience to me. I especially appreciated during my checkout when he asked what airline I was flying and then told me which terminal to go to.

The room is extremely modern and comfortable. I like their environmental plan where you can refuse housekeeping services on stays of three nights or more and redeem the credit for points or restaurant vouchers. This is the first time I have seen this program and I think it is excellent to provide hotel guests with this option.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Autumnpoem,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience at The Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center.

I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us here at the Sheraton and that the location of the hotel was to your liking. I hope we were able to contribute to your business purposes. In addition, thank you for your kind words with regards to the service level you experienced. Our goal is to always offer the best possible service and it is great to read you felt well taken care of during your business trip.

Again thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at the Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel.

Kurt Renold
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiphol
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
citizenM Schiphol Airport
Hotel Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport
Hyatt Place Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

Been to Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!